Profile for Paul Cox > Reviews

Content by Paul Cox

Paul Cox "Sutton Saint" (Surrey, UK)

Born Villain
Born Villain

4.0 out of 5 stars Underrated album, 22 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Born Villain (Audio CD)
This album only received average reviews in the main musical press such as Q, NME ,Kerrang. Which for these magazines is not a bad thing but to me those marks of 3/5 are not enough . This album is a return to form and although not quite at the level of Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals it is a very fine album . The stand out tracks are No Reflection, The Gardener, Born Villain, Breaking The Same Old Ground and the best track for me on the album is Slo-Mo-Tion. The album concludes with a very fine cover version of You're So Vain. I am not usually a fan of cover versions but Mr Manson has covered this really well and I think even Carly Simon would approve.
The album has a very good mid section in the Songs The Flowers of Evil and Children of Cain. There are no album fillers to me. If you have never bought a MM album because of who he is then to me you are missing out. This would be a good album for you to start in his collection especially if you like Heavy Rock / Metal Music. Throughout the songs swing from very melodic one moment then to raging Metal sound the next , which I for one love. Buy this album and you will not be disappointed .

Bejeweled 2 (Mac/PC CD)
Bejeweled 2 (Mac/PC CD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and very easy to get into game., 21 Feb. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game had always received good feedback from people across the web, so I saw that it was pretty cheap on Amazon and decided to give it a go. I am very pleased I did. Although the idea of the game is very basic it is extremely addictive and the beauty of it is that you can play the game in a relatively short space of time if you so wish. Back ground graphics are very nice. On the addictive front you find that you always want to try and beat your best scores and in time mode it can get pretty tense in an enjoyable sense.

If you are looking for a cheap puzzle game that is enjoyable and addictive this is for you. Very pleased with the purchase.