Profile for valgal > Reviews

Content by valgal

valgal

Evans Lichfield Forest Dogs St Bernard with Scarf Belgian Tapestry Cushion, 18 x 18-inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for Saint lovers - the tapestry is excellent standard, 20 Jan. 2015
Recommended for Saint lovers - the tapestry is excellent standard, and good firm cushion. Bought it for a friend - she was very lucky to get it!

St. Bernard Dog Mouse Pad, Mousepad (Dogs Mouse Pad)
St. Bernard Dog Mouse Pad, Mousepad (Dogs Mouse Pad)
Offered by Black Pearl INC

5.0 out of 5 stars Best excuse ever to work on the pc, 20 Jan. 2015
Best excuse ever to work on the pc. Beautiful face looking up at me, and the pad itself is exactly what it should be.

Imagine My Surprise...: Unpublished Letters to The Daily Telegraph (Telegraph Books)
by Iain Hollingshead

5.0 out of 5 stars Have full set and love them all, 20 Jan. 2015
Superb!! Have full set and love them all!! Great to pick up and browse, especially after a particularly intense read.

Personalised Knitting Bag- Natural Cotton Short Handled Storage Bag
Personalised Knitting Bag- Natural Cotton Short Handled Storage Bag
Offered by The Cotton Bag Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice size and strong enough, 20 Jan. 2015
Ideal. Nice size and strong enough. Arrived promptly in decent packaging. Very pleased.

Golddigga Tall Wellies Ladies Black 8 UK UK
Golddigga Tall Wellies Ladies Black 8 UK UK
Offered by Kickback Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly and seemed fine, but for average dog-walking purposes ie, 20 Jan. 2015
Arrived quickly and seemed fine, but for average dog-walking purposes ie. paths, sandy beach, NOT overly muddy or wet places, I am disappointed that after about 4 weeks they started leaking, badly. Oh well, next time I will do what I always say but never do - pay much more to get boots that are fit for purpose and may even last.

Robin Hood - The Legends Returns - The Complete Series 1 - 3 [ 2006 - 2009 ] 12 DVD Box + extra's
Dvd ~ Jonas Armstrong
Offered by TVserieshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleasant Surprise, 15 Mar. 2011
Somehow I missed this series when it was on BBC, possibly because I work weekends, although I am surprised that if I saw the trailers I didn't bother to record it. But - as I rate Richard Armitage as one of the best of todays actors, I saw this set on Amazon and decided to go for it. This is a Dutch release, which means only that the writing on the cover is unreadable - the DVDs are the BBC ones with Dutch subtitles, easily removed - and this set works out so much cheaper than buying the English version.
I laughed so much, the humour is great and the writing and acting are both excellent. There are loads of ludicrous little bits which come across so well when you consider it supposedly happened nearly a thousand years ago! I was waiting in each series for the stories to become a bit passe, but it didn't happen - it maintained it's high standard all the way through all three series.
The casting was superb - Robin (Jonas Armstrong) so good and lovable, Marion (Lucy Griffiths) doing her bit for liberating women so long ago!, The Sheriff (Keith Allen) horrible but so funny and Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Armitage) dark and nasty but with a deeply hidden softer side - and all the other side kicks too many to mention but who help make this as good as it is.
Definitely one of the best boxed sets in my possession and having watched it all the way through, I promptly watched it all over again.
Excellent, worth every penny!