Profile for J. Walsh > Reviews

Content by J. Walsh

J. Walsh "Jak" (London)

The Mindful Path through Worry and Rumination: Letting Go of Anxious and Depressive Thoughts

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Nov. 2014
I've read a few mindfulness books but this one seems to give the clearest and most comprehensive explanation of the approach. Locating the practice in its Buddhist roots and using some of the teachings helped me increase my understanding and gave me ideas about how best to approach my practice. The author is excellent at explaining often nebulous concepts in a clear, concise and practical way. I recommend this book to anyone looking to deal with their ruminating mind and start or continue their journey on the Mindful Path.

Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Magenta
Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Magenta

5.0 out of 5 stars Bobble, 5 Aug. 2011
Looks good - I'm always getting compliments on the bottle. Water tastes great and I'm saving money and all those plastic bottles I would normally buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2011 8:19 PM BST

Panasonic KX-TG5523EB DECT Trio Digital Cordless Phone Set with Answer Machine - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic KX-TG5523EB, 27 Mar. 2011
This is an excellent phone. The sound quality is vastly superior to even my previous Siemens model and set up is relatively easy even without the handbook. The phone and answer machine is easy to use and the display is quite large and clear. I decided to pay a bit extra over the other panasonic models because I liked the black gloss/blue screen display. I wasn't disappointed as the phone looks great. For those of you procrastinating (as I did for a while) I would definitely recommend this phone.

Santa's Slay [DVD]
Santa's Slay [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Goldberg

4.0 out of 5 stars Gory Festive Fun, 17 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Santa's Slay [DVD] (DVD)
A good alternative to all the saccharin sweet telly at Christmas. Watched this on Christmas Eve and even though its hokey and full of "Gremlins type humour" with added gore, it was still really entertaining. Just don't expect to be scared!!!

Supernatural - Complete Fourth Season [DVD] [2009]
Supernatural - Complete Fourth Season [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Jensen Ackles

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 4 - Awesome Angels, Delicious Demons and Sibling Strife, 5 April 2010
The Supernatural mythology just goes from strength to strength with Seaspn 4. The addition of the not so angelic angels and the development of Sams character under Rubys influence make this an absorbing and exciting season. Add the usual mix of spook hunting, Shapeshifters, Sirens, brotherly love/antagonism, the pursuit of Lillith, a soundtrack of big hair rock and a swathe of dark comedic twists and you have winner. Also some good extras delving into the origins behind some of the creatures in the series. All in all great for those newbies wanting to get into the Supernatural world or get the backstory for season 5 and a must for those who are already hooked.