Profile for J. C. Sweet > Reviews

Content by J. C. Sweet

J. C. Sweet "Cookie Dude" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Nielsen Massey Vanilla Bean Paste 118 ml (Pack of 2)
Nielsen Massey Vanilla Bean Paste 118 ml (Pack of 2)
Offered by Bivyz Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the pod if not better in many respects., 15 Dec. 2014
I am an keen baker and one of the staple cupboard fillers for anyone who makes cakes should be vanilla.
There are many types, make and brands out there and indeed there are the pods themselves.
Now pods are the number one choice in my opinion but to be honest there are reasons why i do not use them. Mainly cost and practicality of use i.e. use them soon otherwise they can go hard and can be a little inconsistent with quality and quantity.
This paste as amazing and as close as you can get in my opinion to the pod itself.
As it says it is a paste but more of a thick liquid i would say.
Full of the vanilla flavor provided by the fact it has plenty of seeds in.
Lovely stuff and easy to work with/use.
I always buy more than one at a time as i do not want to run out.
Happy to recommend and by the looks of some of the tv chefs i have seen use it they are too.

UniBond 1807937 Aero-360 Pure Moisture Absorber Device
UniBond 1807937 Aero-360 Pure Moisture Absorber Device

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed to match the reviews, think twice!, 15 Dec. 2014
This will not be a long review as it is clear what this product is and what it is meant to do.
The fact of the matter it fails.
We do not have a huge problem with condensation however, that said one of the prime areas is the windows in two of our bedrooms.
Let me start by saying we had new windows fitted on last year which are the A rated ones.
Even with these windows overnight we suffer from condensation on the lowest part of the windows.
This either then falls or is just wet in its own right on the windowsill.
We bought this item based on others reviews and in a hope that it would prevent or at very least reduce this,
We placed it on the windowsill itself.
After being there for a number of days/nights we have found little to no improvement!
Some some amounts of water is being collected in the unit but clearly nothing like enough to compensate for the liquid being left.
This is now causing mold to appear and we are going to forward this on to the manufacturer for their appraisal.
I don't hold out much hope but we can but try.
So take the reviews as you find them but in our case it failed totally.

Samson SAMD5 Desktop Microphone Stand
Samson SAMD5 Desktop Microphone Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size and weight and fits my NT1-A, 13 Sept. 2014
Does what it says on the tin, actually its a box but you get my point.
It is sturdy, weighty, robust and does the job.
I asked if it fits the NT1-A before buying but got the answer i needed after a bought as i couldn't wait :-)
I am pleased to confirm it DOES indeed fit this mic or more specifically the shock mount the mic goes in.
The base is more than adequately weighted to hold the mic and shock mount without any fear of tipping.
Great price for this item.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2014 4:20 PM BST

Fairy Dishwasher Active Machine Cleaner (2 Uses)
Fairy Dishwasher Active Machine Cleaner (2 Uses)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not cheap!, 9 Mar. 2012
I rated this at 4 simply based on the cost.

That now said - This cleans a treat and when you open the dishwasher it smells wonderful.
The dishwasher actually looks like it has had a clean and it does shine.

We have used the cheaper ones that you can stand up in your cutlery rack but we won't be going back to them.

That said we have actually found these cheaper than the outlet i would say shop around is my advise.

OXO Good Grips Y Peeler
OXO Good Grips Y Peeler

5.0 out of 5 stars Not all peelers are the same!, 9 Mar. 2012
Gone but not forgotten.
We have had one of these for a few months and it is indeed worthy of the 84plus 4 & 5 star reviews on Amazon.

We recently lost it.
Well the fact is it would seem i am being blamed for throwing it away in the peelings ;-)

So we needed a peeler to get a job done ASAP and my wife borrowed one from her mum.

Straight away the difference was visibly noticeable in that it was a much smaller handle.
It was also a plastic body in comparison to the wider very grippy handle on the OXO one.
Hence the name Good Grips.

I started to peel and it didn't so much peel as take chunks out of the apples.
Even when i got to grips (no pun) with this borrowed one it still took more of the apple than it should. Peeler for goodness sake - clue is in the name!

So naturally i have just ordered a new one from Amazon.
Check out the reviews - its not just me saying this you know.

Maybe a quid or two more (at the most) than a really cheap version.
Worth every penny.

Just ordered the box grater as well so will review that when i get it.

Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16GB Memory Card
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16GB Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and efficient., 5 April 2011
It does what it is supposed to. Put it in it works.
What more needs to be said?
I know others have gone to the extreme and compared access times and the like but it serves its purpose by being a sufficiently large card with a reputable name.

SLx - Magic Eye IR Extender - For Sky / Sky+ / Sat TV
SLx - Magic Eye IR Extender - For Sky / Sky+ / Sat TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, Simple, Quality Build, 3 Mar. 2011
As the title suggests - These work. Installed it in seconds and works perfectly on a SKY+ box.
Simple - It doesn't get much easier even without instructions.
Quality build - I have seen many of these eyes and this is one of the better build ones. Feels substantial and looks good.

Nice little touch by the addition of a sticky pad to mount where you want it.

Oh and the packaging doesn't require a machete to get into it.

Luxury Black Leather Case Cover & Screen Protector for HTC Desire HD
Luxury Black Leather Case Cover & Screen Protector for HTC Desire HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Flipping good case...almost, 5 Jan. 2011
This holds the phone very snuggly...it won't fall out for sure.
It looks discreet yet subtlety stylish.
Doesn't add too much to the dimensions of the phone but sufficient to provided protection should you happen to drop it.
Would have had five star if they had put a hole in it for connecting the charging lead.

tesa 05417 Draught Excluder, Premium Flexible, White, 1-7mm
tesa 05417 Draught Excluder, Premium Flexible, White, 1-7mm

4.0 out of 5 stars All sealed up, 5 Jan. 2011
Well it does what it says on the tin...okay no tin but you get my point.
The only reason i gave it 4 and not 5 stars was because the instructions were rubbish.
I still don't quite know what they are trying to tell me even though i have put it on where i think in the way i think. The fact is its on it looks fine and works fine.

Ice-Pick Ice Clearing Pellets 5 Ltr.
Ice-Pick Ice Clearing Pellets 5 Ltr.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 5 Jan. 2011
My personal opinion is its just not worth the money.
I have used ordinary table salt and sea salt with about the same effectiveness.
What i would say is it probably has the advantage over salt in one area in that it claims not to mark shoes etc.
Maybe so but i won't buy this particular form of ice clearing product again.

Page: 1 | 2