Profile for marthamaria > Reviews

Content by marthamaria

marthamaria

How to Spot a Dangerous Man Before You Get Involved: Describes 8 Types of Dangerous Men, Gives Defense Strategies and a Red Alert Checklist for Each,
by Sandra L. Brown
Price: 14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 2 Sep 2013
I didn't like the way that the book is written. It is not clear. Also the way the author is writing did not make me feel attracted. I had to pick up the chapters that I like the most an after some point i was only bothering reading the summary at the end.
Apart from that I was disgusted to find out that the author considers a man that has gone through PTSD as a man that is dangerous and that the condition that is chronic and incurable. I am a former victim of domestic violence that has fully recovered from PTSD. If a person suffering from PTSD is dangerous this means that me and all the rest of the victims are dangerous which is not true. I know lots of people including myself have been cured from PTSD so I started questioning the validity of the author's resources.
I thought the book would help me get a guideline on how to not date another abuser. It failed completely on that.
I wish I never bought it and I wish I could get a refound. I am on my way to charity to give it. It might serve that way a good purpose.

Dragonslippers: This Is What an Abusive Relationship Looks Like
Dragonslippers: This Is What an Abusive Relationship Looks Like
by Rosalind B Penfold

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely book, 1 Sep 2013
It took me just an hour to read it all. It was easy to read and I liked it because it all felt real. As a former victim of domestic violence I identified myself with the main character.
There were some points that I found myself crying because I went through this experience just like the author. So I was quite emotional at some pages and had to leave the book down to calm down from crying before I move forward reading.
I would pass this book to a friend or a relative that I wanted them to understand about domestic violence. I think it would make anyone see what a victim goes through. It is very educational.

Psychopath Free: Recovering from Emotionally Abusive Relationships With Narcissists, Sociopaths, & Other Toxic People
by Peace
Price: 4.96

3.0 out of 5 stars three quarters of the book excellent. Some parts were a complete fail, 1 Sep 2013
It is a good book. It explains the way a psychopath is thinking and how a person can get tangled up into this type of relationships. It gives lots of answers about their behavior and explains how they are hooking up their victims into the cycle. What I really loved was the explanation of the psychopath's behavior after a break up. It was spot on.
It had some alright advice on how to emotionally detach. They wouldn't work for me. They could apply on the average woman.
I think that the part of convincing us that we are not psychopaths was a fail. If I judge from my answers to her questions then I have to conclude that I am tending to be slightly on the sociopath side and I know for a fact that I am not a sociopath.
Good read though. I would recommend it.