Profile for KarenR > Reviews

Content by KarenR

KarenR

PPLE - PROF. NOTEBOOK MACBOOK PRO 17 QUAD CI7 2.2GHZ 750GB 4GB SUPERDRIVEX8 OSX UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine Fantastic Price, 6 Aug 2011
What can I say? Once you go Mac, you never go back! It's true, up until a few years ago I was a dedicated PC user but suffered at the hands of crashes and other messing around that I was tired of it all. My boyfriend had an iMac and I was very impressed so he bought me a MacBook as a Valentine's day present last year. It just worked right out of the box. Nothing staggers, stammers or crashes. Updates happen and don't hang you up for hours. No virus scanning going on all the time in the background either. I wanted something larger than my MacBook so I decided on the 17" MacBook Pro and it's amazing. Fast, quiet, and plays games at high speed too with little more than a whirr and some slight warmth. We keep my 'old' Acer 17" widescreen blu ray laptop in the cupboard in case we need to use an application missing from our Macs but it tends to gather dust. We have 2 iMacs [1 is 3 years old and updates beautifully and looks new and the other was bought for my daughter this Christmas so IS new] and 3 MacBooks as well as this machine between us. I guess you could say we are complete Mac-heads in this family but.... really they work wonderfully well and they look beautiful too. If I look at what I paid for the top of the range Acer this MacBook compares very favourably and does a much better job. Normally I purchase direct from Apple but when I saw this deal how could I resist?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2014 4:33 PM BST