Profile for Lee P > Reviews

Content by Lee P

Lee P

Splitster ® Extreme Tumbling & Spinning Stunt Car - Tumbles - Splits Down The Middle - 360 Stunts - Lights - AS SEEN ON TV
Offered by InternetukShop Xmas Delivery Available On Orders Placed Before 22nd December

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids toy, 9 Jan 2013
Bought this for my son for Christmas, in his words "the best present ever". Battery charge seems to last well, the only down side is sometimes the battery pack disconnects in mid-spin and you have to reconnect it. This isn't a huge problem though and it seems pretty durable.

Now That's What I Call Music! 83
Now That's What I Call Music! 83

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheese-tastic, 9 Jan 2013
Bought for my 7-year-old son's birthday party as background music, mainly because it has Gangnam Style on it (yes, yes, I know...)

Apart from the aforementioned Korean monstrosity, which I actually don't mind all that much - probably because I don't know whether the lyrics are a load of old tosh or not as they're in Korean - every single song sounds exactly the same as every other song to me, with the exception of Elbow and (I can't quite believe I'm saying this) Robbie Williams.

Same sounds, same tempo, same four chords, same featured artists, same, same, same, samey samey same.

It was as if Calvin Harris had popped round my house for tea and decided to whack me about the head 130 times a minute for two hours with one of his own keyboards, while Florence Welch and Example took turns singing the word "same" in the key of C major (or A minor, if it's a sad song about splitting up and stuff).

As a result I found myself weeping in the corner, rocking back and forth, sucking my thumb and sticking my fingers in my ears (no mean feat I can tell you) while longing for the days of Now That's What I Call Music 10 which had M/A/R/R/S, Nina Simone, Whitesnake and Level 42 (google them, kids) on the same album, and wondering why all my calendars say 2013 when surely it's only just turned 1988 and I can't be old enough to have a 7-year-old son as I'm only 12 myself...

But I can't blame the compilers of current pop music compilations for including current pop music on current pop music compilations, and I'm sure my kids and their friends will like it, so on balance, 3 stars.

Edit 15/01/13 - having listened to the thing a few times now I quite like Sam and the Womp, it's got an interesting Middle Eastern-sounding melody and reminds me of Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag by Pigbag (google them, kids).
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2013 1:34 PM GMT