Profile for Lee P > Reviews

Content by Lee P

Lee P

Genuine Sebo Dustbags x 10 X series machines, 370, x, c, x1, x1.1, x4, x4extra, x4pet
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine review of a genuine product. Genuinely, 4 Feb. 2015
Wow! These are the best Genuine Sebo Dustbags I've ever used! They really work well with my Genuine Sebo Vacuum Cleaner! In fact I liked them so much that when my Sebo vacuum cleaner broke down back in 2011 after over ten years of service, I insisted on buying exactly the same model as a replacement, because I still had a couple of Genuine Sebo Dustbags left!

And the best thing about these Genuine Sebo Dustbags is they're actually genuine!

Once again - wow!

Vic Firth 85A American Hickory Wood Tip Drumsticks
Vic Firth 85A American Hickory Wood Tip Drumsticks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wooden hitty things for whacking round noisy things, 4 Feb. 2015
As far as wooden hitty things for whacking round noisy things with go, these are some of the best wooden hitty things I've ever whacked round noisy things with.

LEGO City 4435: Car and Caravan
LEGO City 4435: Car and Caravan
Offered by JapanPremium

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than a real car and caravan!, 4 Feb. 2015
Here's a helpful review for those of you who have been living in a cave for the past 50-odd years.

A CAR is a sort of big metal box thing on wheels. It's got an engine which makes the wheels go round. You sit in it and use the big turny-roundy thing at the front to steer it, meaning you can go to exciting places such as Kidderminster and Hemel Hempstead.

A CARAVAN is a sort of big metal house thing on wheels, with a bed and a cooker and stuff in it. There's a connecty bit at the front for hooking it up to the CAR, meaning you can go to sleep in exciting places such as Kidderminster and Hemel Hempstead.

Unfortunately this product does not contain a real CAR or a real CARAVAN, just some LEGO. LEGO is this sort of plasticky stuff from Denmark which, as anyone who's ever trodden on a piece of it will tell you, is made out of aggregated diamond nanorods (Google it). Some Americans call it LEGOS with an S on the end, but that's just silly.

Anyway, the purpose of this particular box of LEGO is so you can make your own model of a CAR and CARAVAN and pretend to go to exciting places such as Kidderminster and Hemel Hempstead. It also includes a lady and man. The man is holding a very large sausage.

Men's Coolers Furry Ankle Boot Slippers Sizes 7 -12 (Large UK 11-12, Tan)
Men's Coolers Furry Ankle Boot Slippers Sizes 7 -12 (Large UK 11-12, Tan)
Offered by Footwear Sensation

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat for my feet, 4 Feb. 2015
Lovely warm slipper boots which I will probably live in until June.

Just be warned though, I ordered the 11-12 and I wouldn't want them any smaller - they're fine for me as I'm a size 11 but if you're a 12 they might not fit. I'm not sure how the other sizes fit, but I'm wondering if the sizing is American rather than UK (US 12 = UK 11).

Splitster ® Extreme Tumbling & Spinning Stunt Car - Tumbles - Splits Down The Middle - 360 Stunts - Lights - AS SEEN ON TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids toy, 9 Jan. 2013
Bought this for my son for Christmas, in his words "the best present ever". Battery charge seems to last well, the only down side is sometimes the battery pack disconnects in mid-spin and you have to reconnect it. This isn't a huge problem though and it seems pretty durable.

Now That's What I Call Music! 83
Now That's What I Call Music! 83

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheese-tastic, 9 Jan. 2013
Bought for my 7-year-old son's birthday party as background music, mainly because it has Gangnam Style on it (yes, yes, I know...)

Apart from the aforementioned Korean monstrosity, which I actually don't mind all that much - probably because I don't know whether the lyrics are a load of old tosh or not as they're in Korean - every single song sounds exactly the same as every other song to me, with the exception of Elbow and (I can't quite believe I'm saying this) Robbie Williams.

Same sounds, same tempo, same four chords, same featured artists, same, same, same, samey samey same.

It was as if Calvin Harris had popped round my house for tea and decided to whack me about the head 130 times a minute for two hours with one of his own keyboards, while Florence Welch and Example took turns singing the word "same" in the key of C major (or A minor, if it's a sad song about splitting up and stuff).

As a result I found myself weeping in the corner, rocking back and forth, sucking my thumb and sticking my fingers in my ears (no mean feat I can tell you) while longing for the days of Now That's What I Call Music 10 which had M/A/R/R/S, Nina Simone, Whitesnake and Level 42 (google them, kids) on the same album, and wondering why all my calendars say 2013 when surely it's only just turned 1988 and I can't be old enough to have a 7-year-old son as I'm only 12 myself...

But I can't blame the compilers of current pop music compilations for including current pop music on current pop music compilations, and I'm sure my kids and their friends will like it, so on balance, 3 stars.

Edit 15/01/13 - having listened to the thing a few times now I quite like Sam and the Womp, it's got an interesting Middle Eastern-sounding melody and reminds me of Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag by Pigbag (google them, kids).
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2013 1:34 PM GMT