Profile for adub > Reviews

FIFA 11 (PS3)
FIFA 11 (PS3)
Offered by scaddingk

2.0 out of 5 stars Good game ruined by glitches, 25 Oct. 2010
This review is from: FIFA 11 (PS3) (Video Game)
I'll keep this fairly short.
I'm a big fan of FIFA games and really liked the world cup game so I was very excited about FIFA 11.
Unfortunately it really has disappointed me.
There are a few good things such as career mode has improved with the option to be a player, manager or player manager but to be honest I rarely play manager mode as 99% of my gaming is done playing 'ranked online matches', this is where the main issue is. Trying to get a game against somebody is a nightmare, it will normally take 3-5 searches to get a game as it just freezes saying loading and by the time you get into the game the opponent has left. (It's not my connection all other games work fine)
Next is the gameplay, I thought the gameplay was brilliant on the world cup edition so I was looking forward to more of the same this time round but unfortunately again I was dissapointed.
You can try and play a simple pass and the ball goes in completely the wrong direction, the only way to really get through on goal is by playing a lobbed through ball which means you can't play as nice football as previous editions.
There are plenty of little things that are wrong too which seem to be down to laziness such as if you play a cross in and you have a player in an offside position even if the ball isn't played to him and he's not interfering an offside is called also if you try and make a pass and it's intercepted by a defender if the player you tried to pass to was in an offside position the ref blows for a freekick which can be very irritating especially if when you intercept you are trying to counter-attack.
Other random things such as I played Inter Milan the other day online and all the inter players came out wearing Man Utd shirts.
It could still be made into a good game if the glitches are sorted out but you can't play free flowing football like you could on the world cup edition which is the biggest dissapointment for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2010 3:21 PM BST