Profile for Mr. S. Lindsay > Reviews

Iron Fist USA SST Printed Men's T-Shirt Heather Grey Small
Iron Fist USA SST Printed Men's T-Shirt Heather Grey Small
Price: 11.17

1.0 out of 5 stars A bit crap, 22 July 2014
The write up in the description here sounds like it's written by someone in Hong Kong or thereabouts yet it's marketed on the American angle. Not worth writing much about this shirt as it's a cheap looking overlarge and shapeless grey t shirt bearing an unimpressive print of badly defined and poorly designed motif. If anyone paid the advertised full price of 25 quid they would be within reason to be extremely pi**ed off. I kept it for decorating and gardening as I couldn't be bothered sending it back but it really is not all that good. It looks like a knock off version from the far East.

STRAWBERRY - FOUR SEASONS - 200 FINEST SEEDS
STRAWBERRY - FOUR SEASONS - 200 FINEST SEEDS
Offered by Impatiens - From Singapore
Price: 1.79

1.0 out of 5 stars This did not arrive. It's been so long it ..., 6 July 2014
This did not arrive. It's been so long it won't. I only realised I'd bought and forgot when they asked me to review it now.

Traditional Kitchen Herbs Seeds
Traditional Kitchen Herbs Seeds
Offered by Bulbs and Seeds Direct
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother., 6 July 2014
This review is from: Traditional Kitchen Herbs Seeds
Rubbish. Only the coriander broke earth and that was under perfect growing conditions. It didn't thrive though and is now dead. Avoid.

Scotch & Soda Crispy Men's Shirt Dessin A X-Large
Scotch & Soda Crispy Men's Shirt Dessin A X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it., 6 July 2014
Good fitting t shirt and a bit different due to the sleeve suspenders. Nice, thin, matt material. Very light and comfortable. Good summer shirt.

Alpinestars Corp Shift Classic Tee Logo Men's T-Shirt White X-Large
Alpinestars Corp Shift Classic Tee Logo Men's T-Shirt White X-Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, 6 July 2014
Strange one. I bought this as I have a black Alpinestars t shirt and it is very well made of quality material and fits well. This xl is way bigger and flaps around, unlike the black xl that I've had for a few years which still looks great. It's not a bad t shirt but you should maybe order a size down or stick some tent poles under it.

Timberland Clothing Tilt Denim Slim Men's Jeans Blue Wash W32INxL34IN
Timberland Clothing Tilt Denim Slim Men's Jeans Blue Wash W32INxL34IN
Price: 52.50

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 strikes and you're out., 6 July 2014
This is the second pair of Timberland jeans I have owned. This is the second pair of Timberland jeans I have had to send back. I have Timberland jackets ( several, and none of them cheap ) and a few of their shirts, which are very well made. These purchases caused me to consider the brand top quality. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but both pairs of jeans split down the seam of the leg very soon after I bought them and neither was a tight fit. Bizarre.

Selected Terry Men's Blazer
Selected Terry Men's Blazer
Price: 44.99 - 91.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very splendid jacket, 6 April 2014
It's a bit heavier and fuzzier than it looks in the picture. They sold me it for 20 quid ? Less than 20 % of the RRP. Bargain ! It's probably cheap as it's a bit too heavy for hot weather, but fine for Spring and late summer when it gets cooler. It's a great fit, arms are long enough and quite snug. I'm loving it. Very pleased.

Farah Classic Men's 263205 Straight Suit Trousers, Blue (Navy), W34/L33
Farah Classic Men's 263205 Straight Suit Trousers, Blue (Navy), W34/L33

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly outstanding pair of strides - separates the men from the boys, 30 Mar 2014
These classic Farahs are the absolute nuts ! They fit perfectly around the arse and legs and sit just so on the shoes as they should. Top quality material. If you are after a smarter casual look you can not go wrong. Can't believe I got these for little over a tenner. The best deal in months. Funnily enough, most of the young lads who rate themselves as fashion experts haven't heard of Farahs, although us forty-somethings have been into them for decades. Still a good look for today and in no way dated. Just top, top, top quality strides that will look good anywhere for a very long time. If I can find more in my size at these prices I'll be having them. These classics will never look out of date. Do yourself a favour and grab some if you can. So impressed.

Selected Homme Men's One Ramos Super Slim Fit Trousers, Potters Clay, W34/L34
Selected Homme Men's One Ramos Super Slim Fit Trousers, Potters Clay, W34/L34

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like robbery, 30 Mar 2014
I have 2 or 3 pair of Selected Homme skinny chinos. I love them. They fit perfectly, are so snug and look great. Decent material. Nice colours. They are not a name brand but if you can do without that you'd be hard pushed to find a better pair of casual chinos. Stretch material so very, very comfortable. Obviously if you don't like the skinny look or aren't built for it don't do it, but otherwise fill your boots. At these prices it's like robbery.

Levi's Standard Graphic Crew Patterned Men's T-Shirt Bright White X-Large
Levi's Standard Graphic Crew Patterned Men's T-Shirt Bright White X-Large

2.0 out of 5 stars Throwaway shirt, 30 Mar 2014
The name brand suggests at least it will be top quality cotton. It isn't. It's bog standard disposable material and the design looks cheap and badly printed. It will do for bumming around in but I wouldn't wear it anywhere out if I was trying to look good. In fairness it was very cheap so will do for cover up by the pool on holiday and then maybe loafing around the house when there's no guests.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5