Profile for David White > Reviews

Content by David White

David White (United Kingdom)

Slime Skabs Peel & Stick Patches
Slime Skabs Peel & Stick Patches
Offered by bikes4life limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Work effectively., 15 Nov 2014
I've used one on a wheelbarrow inner-tube of all things and it's worked a treat. Pretty much an instant fix.

Tiny box (about the size of a 50p), so worth having along with a spare tube on cycling trips.

You only get 6 in a pack, which is a bit mean, but that wouldn't discourage me buying them again.

2.5m 3.5mm Jack Cable - Premium Quality / 24k Gold Plated / Audio / Stereo / Male to Male
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid, 11 Nov 2011
Product works fine. Sound is adequately transferred from my PC sound card output to the speaker amp input. What amazes me though is that I could purchase a replacement cable, delivered, for £0.49p! Bargain!

Science, Not Art: Ten Scientists' Diaries
Science, Not Art: Ten Scientists' Diaries
by Sian Ede

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Inspiration, 27 Sep 2004
Science not Art is an enchanting glance into the lives of 10 scientists through their diaries. Despite the fact that each of these scientists are working on the cutting edge of science their diaries show a frank and inciteful description of their daily lives.
I bought this book after listening to extracts on Radio 4 Book of the Week, I can honestly say that nothing has motivated me more regarding the world of science than this. My favourite was Kevin Fong who works full time as a junior doctor and spends the rest of his time promoting British space interests.
I would recommend this book to anyone, if I had had this book during my A-Levels I'm sure I would have been a lot more inspired!

The River Cottage Cookbook
The River Cottage Cookbook
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly a cookbook but nevertheless..., 29 April 2004
This accompanyment to the televsion series 'River Cottage' is an excellentguidebook and reference to all those who dream of becoming a smallholder. While not exactly a cookbook, although it does have many recipies, thisbook does describe wonderfully the process of growing or rearing your ownfood, from creating a herb garden to to butchering a cow (get someone todo it for you!).
While I unfortunately will have to make do with myvegetable plot I can but read this and dream.

A Short History Of Nearly Everything
A Short History Of Nearly Everything
by Bill Bryson

4.0 out of 5 stars If only school text books were like this, 27 April 2004
I really enjoyed 'A Short History of Nearly Everything', though itcertainly is hard work but that is more due to its length rather than it'scontent. Bill Bryson has a way of unravelling the history and rivalry inscience that exposes so much more than the gruelling information I had toaccumulate in school.
If I was to sum-up this book in one short (actually long) sentance I wouldhave to say 'Everything you ever wanted to know about science, a fewthings you probably already do know, and a few things you never knew youwanted to know.'
This book is probably best read in short bursts rather than a long hardslog in order to fully appreciate some of the finer details of the storiesinvolved.

Tales Of The City
Tales Of The City
by Armistead Maupin

4.0 out of 5 stars A warm but not over paced novel, 27 April 2004
This review is from: Tales Of The City (Paperback)
Tales of the City is a novel that gently guides the reader through thetwists and turns of life in San Franscisco. Though the plot is gentle,and rairly rushed, the characters provide enough detail and colour to keepthe pages turning.
The story is spun through a myriad of mysteries and individual tales ofthe people involved, all cummulating in a splendid finale. Though most ofthe secrets are unravelled, the book still leaves enough unansweredquestions for the reader to want to delve into the next book in theseries.
I really enjoyed this book, it is a warm and colourful view of SanFrancisco in the 1970's, the characters are each unique in their ownright, yet all are brought together by the themes exposed during theirdaily lives.