Profile for Richard Cowan > Reviews

Content by Richard Cowan

Richard Cowan "Richard The Ipod Fan" (London)

Medieval: Total War - Gold Edition (PC DVD)
Medieval: Total War - Gold Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!, 16 Oct 2013
Have always loved this game and played it to death when I first it bought years ago. However having just re-purchased it looks as though this version has a distinct dislike of newer machines. It refuses to work on my new Lenovo office PC, my year old Samsung laptop AND my three year old Dell home PC. So word to the wise go for Total War 2 and sadly ignore Total War1 (unless you have an old PC!!!)

Edifice Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap EF-552-1AVEF

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, 16 Oct 2013
Love this watch, very well made and looks good. Can compete with the Tag's of this world but at a fraction of the price. Is now my main everyday non-work watch.

Honeywell HZ-500E Quick Fan Heater
Honeywell HZ-500E Quick Fan Heater

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Heater, 16 Oct 2013
Just bought more second HZ-500E, the first one now living in my office! Very quick to heat up even a large area, quiet and compact. Only niggle is that I would prefer a larger base to make it more stable when placed on carpet...but apart from that fab!

Anker® Astro E5 15000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger for iPad 5 4 3 2, Air, mini, iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus 4 5 7 10, HTC One, Motorola Droid, MOTO X G, LG Optimus, most other Phones and Tablets - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working!,,, 24 Aug 2013
After seeing other reviews on the Amazon site I had high hopes for this product but am at this stage disappointed and annoyed that it doesn't work! After receiving the product today and charging it to the max the first issue was that the built in torch refused to work, although curiously it operated whilst it was attached to the USB cable whilst charging and then not at all once detached. However the main and most important problem is that it refuses to charge my IPhone 5. Just to make sure that wasn't a problem with either the phone or the cable supplied the same USB cable I used to attach the phone to the charger works perfectly when attached to a mains unit and the phone therefore charges without any issues. I can't help but notice that another recent reviewer has also had the same problem with his unit and an IPhone 5 so am concerned that the manufacturer has issues with the latest IPhones. Needless to say I will be contacting Anker to find out what, if any, solutions can be found to these problems...watch this space!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2013 10:52 PM GMT

Goodmans GCR1872 Clock Radio With Ipod Dock White
Goodmans GCR1872 Clock Radio With Ipod Dock White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money, 10 April 2008
Having gone from a "no ipod" family to a "4 ipod" family in the space of one year (cant live without the little buggers now!!!!) I decided to replace my trusty old Sony clock radio with something Ipod friendly. Despite initial reservations following previous bad experiences with Goodman products I plumped for the GCR1872. Turns out my new purchase has proved rather effective and has (so far) worked without fault. Okay so the build quality is not as good as a Sony or similar make BUT it works, wakes me up in the morning without a fuss,sounds quite good, has a dinky little remote control and I can switch off the actual rather bright clock function (once again all handled by remote control). At the price suggested (although cheaper in Argos I have to say!!!) its very good value...