Profile for Jewel > Reviews

Content by Jewel

Jewel

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Insight Globe: Blue Sea (Insight Globes)
Insight Globe: Blue Sea (Insight Globes)
by Apa
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful educational toy, 7 Feb. 2012
I bought one of these for my son's friend as a 6th birthday present and my son wanted one too as soon as he saw it - he loves learning about things like space, planets and continents. It is quite small, and fits onto his bedside cabinet. It is good that it rotates at different angles too.

Good value and it would make a good kids stocking filler.

Whitefurze 2.0 litre Pudding bowl, microwave safe  - cooking
Whitefurze 2.0 litre Pudding bowl, microwave safe - cooking
Offered by ViaGenius

4.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable size round plastic storage bowl, 7 Feb. 2012
I ordered this to make a trifle in, to take to a party where I had to take along a contribution. I was able to make a large enough trifle in it to serve 8. This size of round plastic container is hard to find, as for some reason, most are much smaller. It has turned out very useful, not just for this but to store food such as cooked chicken in the fridge. I haven't actually used it to cook a Christmas pudding in, so far, but it looks as if it would be suitable. I am pleased with it and it is good value.

I would ideally have liked something a bit bigger than this, but this was the largest size that seems to be available.

Elemis Eau De Parfum Mini Fragrance for Her 4ml
Elemis Eau De Parfum Mini Fragrance for Her 4ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely scent, 7 Feb. 2012
I ordered this when ordering some other Elemis products as presents, and was very pleased with it. It's a good "daytime" scent and I was pleased to be able to try it in a small size like this so that I could order a bigger one if I liked it.

Bullyland Bullseye Figurine
Bullyland Bullseye Figurine

3.0 out of 5 stars A good toy but not much to it., 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Bullyland Bullseye Figurine (Toy)
I ordered this as a present for my son's friend who likes Toy Story and, although there is nothing actually wrong with it, I was a little disappointed with the size. It is not enough on its own, and I have had to buy him something else to go with it, or it would look as though we were being mean. It had minimal packaging and no box, so would not even have looked bigger when wrapped. As it is for someone outside the family, I can't say how durable it will be.

Belly Dance: The Dance of Mother Earth
Belly Dance: The Dance of Mother Earth
by Tina Hobin

3.0 out of 5 stars A readable introduction to this mysterious world, 2 Aug. 2011
This book reminds me of "Grandmother's secrets" in that it tells you about origins of the dance, and chapters include instructions on some basic steps, information on health benefits and music and instruments. The chapter on how to do the steps would have benefitted from some illustrations, and the book itself does not have many pictures in it, and would have been better if it had.

Nevertheless, an interesting insight into belly dancing, and I agree with the author's opinion that it does not require a perfect torso to look good and accomplished.

Belly Dance: The Next Level, with Jenna: Transitions, Turns and Layers - Intermediate bellydance classes, Belly dance instruction, Intermediate bellydancing how-to [DVD-NTSC] [ALL REGIONS] [2008]
Dvd ~ Jenna

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't fail to improve your dancing with this DVD, 10 July 2011
Somewhat more difficult than the beginners' DVD, Jenna demonstrates linking different moves and steps together. You will need to stop and start the DVD a lot to master and practice each move, but it is worth it. It was filmed in a dance studio against mirrors, so you can see how she is moving from the front and back. Good solid informative DVD for anyone who has mastered the basics and wants to improve their dancing.

Good Vibe Blog
Good Vibe Blog

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and thought provoking, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Good Vibe Blog (Kindle Edition)
Jeannette Maw's Good Vibe Blog contains a variety of interesting and engaging articles on psychological topics. The front page is divided into 14 sections with titles such as "Visualising Can Make You Fail?" and "How to Change Beliefs". Each one of these is attractively illustrated. There are also links to videos, e-books, coaching and free calls, amongst other things. The readers' comments after each post are perceptive and worth reading.

If you want some good ideas on how to think positively, this blog is a good starting place.

Van Ness High Sided Cat Litter Tray - Large
Van Ness High Sided Cat Litter Tray - Large
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps keep your cat's living area tidy, 9 July 2011
What to do with a messy kitten who gets litter all over the floor as kittens usually do? This tray is the solution, and now her living area is much tidier. It is good for able bodied cats, but might not suit an elderly cat who can no longer jump. For these, you would need a tray with a lower "entrance". Good value and both owner and puss very pleased.

Twig & Thistle
Twig & Thistle

5.0 out of 5 stars A stylish and inspiring blog, 9 July 2011
This review is from: Twig & Thistle (Kindle Edition)
This beautifully presented blog is full of ideas for the home, such as tear-off semi disposable napkins, table settings, and a free screensaver. Unlike many American blogs, it gives UK suppliers as well as US ones. Worth a look if you want some ideas for the home.

OWI-MSK679 Solar System (orrery) Kit
OWI-MSK679 Solar System (orrery) Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars A good educational toy, 1 July 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
My 5 year old son and I were pleased with the end result, although not a soft option, and probably most suitable for older children or adults. I found it quite fiddly, and needed a magnifier to help me put some of the parts together (but that's probably my eyesight at my age). Needs full sunlight to work the motor. It worked well even though I couldn't figure out how to do the gluing properly. Smaller than expected, but any larger and the solar power might not be enough to turn it round. Its size meant it fitted onto my son's bedside table, which pleased him.

I see from the box that this toy is part of a range of solar powered build it yourselfs, including a viking ship, cable car, crab and racing car. I suspect I will be in for more fun putting more of these together in future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4