Profile for Helen > Reviews

Content by Helen

Helen

The Redeemer (A Detective Shakespeare Mystery, Book #3) (Detective Shakespeare Mysteries)
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Redeemer, 13 Jun 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Once again a good twist at the end. Can,t wait for the next one in this same series. I am going to try some of his other books now!

Encyclopedia of Needlework
Encyclopedia of Needlework
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars encyclopedia of needlework, 13 Jan 2013
I was very disappointed with this kindle book as although the descriptions were very good, none of the images of stitches, embroidery stitches,, crochet, tatting etc, were visible on the kindle. As a keen crafter it is useful to have images of the stitches to ensure correctness as well as some people, myself included like to have images to hand. I am not sure whether purchasing the hardback would be any better, I would need to see inside the book before doing this.

Quilt & Sew Country Style
Quilt & Sew Country Style
by Anne-Pia Godske Rasmussen
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilt and sew country style, 15 Nov 2012
Loved this book. Really good instructions and pictures. Items are easy to make although I think more suited to the experienced crafter. If you are a crafty cat lover and love the country style sewing then this book is definitely one to get for your library. Well worth the price!

Is It Just Me?
Is It Just Me?
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it Just Me? by Miranda Hart, 31 Oct 2012
This review is from: Is It Just Me? (Kindle Edition)
I brought this book based on the fact that I just love Miranda on TV. I loved her in Call the midwife and her more current sit com Miranda, however the style of the book does not bode well for read it yourself and maybe this would be a better buy on Audiobook especially if being read by Miranda herself. I am half way through and find it a really "messy" read. Although written in Miranda style it is not as humourous as I had hoped. .As one of the more expensive books that I usually buy I was very disappointed , I had hoped for bellyaching laughter and instead feel as though its just a damp squib!!!.

by Sue Maggs

3.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Companion: Over 200 Recipes and Craft Projects for the Festive Season, 9 Sep 2009
Some lovely recipes for gifts over the Christmas period and lots of crafts for young children to have a go at. If you are an experienced crafter you may find some of the ideas a bit too basic although they are excellent for the grandchildren to have a go at. If it is recipes for Christmas you are after then this book has some brilliant gift ideas with good clear instructions.

Christmas Stitchery (A David & Charles craft book)
Christmas Stitchery (A David & Charles craft book)
by Jenny Chippindale

2.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Stitchery (A David & Charles craft book), 9 Sep 2009
This book is good for those slightly different christmas decorations although a little old fashioned in some of its ideas.It would have been good to see inside the book prior to purchasing.

Sew Sunny Homestyle
Sew Sunny Homestyle
by Finnanger Tone
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sew Sunny Homestyle, 8 Aug 2009
This review is from: Sew Sunny Homestyle (Paperback)
I LOVE IT! One of the best books yet with loads of lovely projects for the home. I will definitely make most of these. The angels are lovely especially the bathing angels. As usual another excellent book. Can't wait to see what comes next!!! I made one of the little birdhouses as soon as I recieved the book and just love it. I know my sisters will want some as soon as they see it. Some brilliant gift ideas. I plan to make the beach houses next , but fill them with lentils to use as a doorstop in the garden room!

by Elisa Strauss
Price: 22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery, 12 July 2009
Excellent book, even the children loved the pictures . Cookie section was brilliant. Cant wait for another specialoccasion to make more. This has also encouraged my teenagers to have a go at making their own cookies for their friends. Loved this book!