Profile for Anniebii > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Twilight Swimmer
The Twilight Swimmer
Price: 1.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 8 Jan 2014
Really enjoyed it!!!! Well written!!!! It should be made into a film!!!!!! Liked how the Swimmer was only referred to as The Swimmer (adds atmosphere...)!!!!!! The mystery of the sister came in later than you'd expect from the blurb but was still good!!!! Amazing!!!!!

Summer of my Secret Angel
Summer of my Secret Angel
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!, 7 Jan 2014
Really good. Loved it!!! (Read it in 2 days) There wasn't as much supernaturalesqueness as you'd guess from the blurb and title (came in a bit late????), but it was still really enjoyable and fun to read!!!! Loved Julian and Jona's relationships will all the characters. Also was easy to read and was understandable!!!!! One thing: if Jona's British, why did she say Mom instead of Mum??? Weird. But still fantastic!!!

My Life at the Magical Beings' Rehabilitation Center
My Life at the Magical Beings' Rehabilitation Center
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 July 2013
This book is fantastic, engaging and hilarious; you can practically laugh the whole way through. The main character, Morgan, is believable and a good heroine. I would recommend this! (If you enjoy this but haven't read Princess Ahira, I recommend that too - they're written in a similar way.)

Daughter of the Oceans: A New Path
Daughter of the Oceans: A New Path
Price: 2.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Simplistic, Enchanting Story, 4 Jun 2013
I have mixed feelings about this book. I got a bit confused about the characters, so pay attention to the prologue; there were mistakes throughout the book; and the writing was very simplistic. There was a point midway where I got a bit bored too.

Despite all of that, though, I was completely and utterly enthralled by this book, and I have absolutely no idea why! All the way through I was championing Eric - I much preferred Eric's chapters to Samantha! It was a very nice story and after the bit I called "Boring" it picked up, and got a lot more interesting! Overall, I really enjoyed it.

Behind The Wooden Door
Behind The Wooden Door
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars !!!!, 20 April 2013
Behind the wooden door is really engaging; because it's shorter it's much easier to keep up with what's going on and what isn't. I enjoyed it; I was satisfied at the ending. The only problem is that I didn't like how Lanie, the main character, and Tristan's relationship progressed, but that's a minor thing, because other than that Lanie's character was well-developed, and I understood why she acted the way she did. (Tristan is a lot more enigmatic.) Really enjoyed it!

Guardian of Atlantis (The Children of Atlantis Book 1)
Guardian of Atlantis (The Children of Atlantis Book 1)
Price: 2.03

4.0 out of 5 stars !!!!, 15 April 2013
This book wasn't what I expected. It was fast-paced. Being based around Greek mythology it has a theme common in this kind of genre, but despite this it is very different to others of its kind. At some points I didn't understand what was going on fully but other than that the language is understandable. However I didn't like Raven's relationship with Ethan - it wasn't very romantic and her feelings towards him didn't really develop - or her friends (where did they go?), and the only consistent relationship was that with Elizabeth. Other than that, it was very enjoyable.

So I'm a Double Threat (Double Threat Series Book 1)
So I'm a Double Threat (Double Threat Series Book 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars !!!!!!!, 14 Mar 2013
Great!!! So I'm a Double Threat is a really good book; the language is easy to read and really engaging, not to mention informal, so I enjoyed reading about the ups and downs in Meg's life - she's like a real character, and she and her friends experience real and hilarious things!!! It's quite funny. You should read this if you like a good Rom-com!!!!

Turn to Stone
Turn to Stone
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a very romantic romance, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Turn to Stone (Kindle Edition)
It was okay, I guess. For a 14-page story, it tells quite a lot - however, it should have been longer. I felt that none of the characters were developed, and there were no real events or climax. It is supposed to be about a troll but doesn't really delve into her story, or that of her lover - they are two dimensional, and, although I understand that it probably is hard to make them more real in a Viking 14-page story, perhaps the story could have focused on them a bit more.

I didn't like the ending. I also didn't like how the Norse/Norwegian God Thor is portrayed, because as it doesn't go into the bad things trolls could do, I felt that what he did to them was unjustified, especially as one of the characters was a troll.

Also, there's a subplot - the Vikings and their attempts to stop Christianity from taking over. But I have no idea how this links into their story.

Puppet of the Fates (Strange Curses #1)
Puppet of the Fates (Strange Curses #1)
Price: 2.04

4.0 out of 5 stars !!!!!!!!!, 20 Feb 2013
Puppet of the Fates is really good. It focuses on Serene and Ryder's relationship more than anything (they're the main characters), but the supernatural aspects are still there; only the Fates are more sinister (but not much). The ending was nice, too. As it's free, anyone who likes this sort of genre should give it a go!!! :)

The Prince with Amnesia
The Prince with Amnesia
Price: 1.91

4.0 out of 5 stars The Rom-com prince/normal-girl-from-America scenario, 19 Feb 2013
It was really good, although not what I'd expected from the cover and synopsis. After reading the sample, I bought this, and wasn't disappointed. The ending was quite unexpected, but was happy anyway! I liked how it shifted between Violet and Kai's POV. If you enjoy books to do with amnesiac princes, romance and the Prince/normal-girl-from-America scenario, I recommend you consider buying this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4