Profile for J. R. Noland > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Overlord (PC DVD)
Overlord (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Overlord (PC DVD), 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Overlord (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This pc game is rather an old one. It is intended for Windows Vista and earlier systems. I don't know if it will work on newer versions of Windows. It is great fun to play though. It's very interesting and absorbing; play ranges from easy to very difficult and the end of each session leaves you wanting more. Given the very low price you have to have this game !

5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml (Pack of 4)
5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml (Pack of 4), 28 May 2013
This product works very well for blowing the dust out of the keyboard and interior of my laptop computer. It is ,though, rather expensive if used very frequently.
In use the can must be kept within about 30 degrees of upright; this means you have to tilt the object being dusted - not the can.

I'm a little uneasy about the use of flammable gas but I expect it is safe enough if precautions are observed in use and storage.

One day when I get ambitious I will try the duster on some of my other electronic equipment - I expect it will work well there also.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 Way 2 Metre extension Lead White, 14 April 2013
This is a well-constructed extension lead. The feature I like best is that the plug from the appliance that is plugged in to it is held securely but not so securely that you need to wrestle it to get it out again.

Lindt Lindor Assorted Chocolate Cornet 200 g (Pack of 2)
Lindt Lindor Assorted Chocolate Cornet 200 g (Pack of 2)
Offered by Best With quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Lindt Lindor Assorted Chocolate Cornet 200 g (Pack of 2), 6 Mar. 2013
Deliciously addictive. Too expensive for daily fixes, Use it like champagne - for special occasions.

Note to Chancellor: the 20% VAT puts the price over the top - so much less of the product is sold and tax receipts go down.

Samsung Series 3 300V5A 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Pentium B950 2.1GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM-DL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Series 3 300V5A 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Pentium B950 2.1 GHz)., 26 Jan. 2013
I bought this PC as an upgrade to my old HP Compaq with Vista Home Basic. The Samsung came with Windows 7 Home Premium and was marked down for clearance presumably because it became "obsolete" when Windows 8 machines came out.

I did not care for the mixed reviews on Windows 8 so I was specifically shopping for a laptop with Windows 7. This Samsung was well rated and it is a delight to use.

I suppose this review of a specific model is not much help (probably hard to find another) but it does suggest that Samsung laptops are pretty good products.

Inov8 British Made Traditional Picture/Photo Frame, 10x8-inch, Value Black
Inov8 British Made Traditional Picture/Photo Frame, 10x8-inch, Value Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Inov8 Picture/Photo Frame, 10 x 8 inch, 26 Sept. 2012
Excellent, low cost frame. Will not be mistaken for "fine furnishings" but looks great and gets the job done. Easy to mount the picture or photo and hangs straight.

Verbatim 43552 4x DVD-RW - Spindle 10 Pack
Verbatim 43552 4x DVD-RW - Spindle 10 Pack
Offered by ECOTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars Verbatim 43552 4x DVD-RW (Spindle Pack of 10), 24 Aug. 2012
I use these discs for periodic back-up of computer files. They work just fine and have been problem-free. I don't know what else one can say about them.

Silverline 633501 Expert Rigger Gloves One Size
Silverline 633501 Expert Rigger Gloves One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Silverline 633501 Expert Rigger Gloves, 11 July 2012
These look to be very good general purpose heavy-duty gloves. I use them for gardening including brush clearing. I only rate them as four stars because of areas on the backs of the hands which are only cloth covered; this allows an occasional stabbing by thorns.

Medal Of Honor 10th Anniversary Game PC
Medal Of Honor 10th Anniversary Game PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Medal of Honor 10th Anniversary Game, Windows PC, 9 Jun. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This package includes several of the early Medal of Honor game variations. Have not yet tried them all, but the ones I have played all suffer from the same short-comings. When starting a game you are allowed to choose the difficulty - easy, moderate, or hard. As a beginner I choose "easy". But the game scenarios eventually reach a point which is too danged hard for me to get past. This is bad enough, but until you do manage to get past the difficulty you cannot go on to the next scenario. Result: 40 to 60% of the game is not available to me.

Apart from this these games are great fun and can be enjoyed repeatedly. I have only played individually so have no idea how it works in team play.

Morphy Richards Essentials 43026 Jug Kettle, Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards Essentials 43026 Jug Kettle, Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Essentials 43026 Jug Kettle, 17 April 2012
Bought this as a spare so have not yet used it. We use this type of kettle many times each day for endless cups of coffee and tea. As a result our kettles always fail, sooner rather than later. Various brands seem to have the same failure mode - failed heating element. I suspect that kettle manufacturers all get their heating elements from the same few element manufacturers.

So, if this particular kettle is true to form, my only complaint will be that it did not last as long as I would like. I suppose my history is that electric kettles fail after 3/4 years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3