Profile for K. Bannerman > Reviews

The Art of Alice: Madness Returns
The Art of Alice: Madness Returns
by R.J. Berg

5.0 out of 5 stars How an 'Art of' book should be, 23 Aug. 2011
The book is packed with sublime concept art and illustration from the video game, 'Alice: Madness Returns'. But you don't need to have played the game to appreciate the talented artwork on display.

The content is well thought out and presented with a huge quantity of artwork and supporting text. The twisted nightmare theme of the game is consistent throughout.

The binding is excellent and the hardcover is thick and strong - better than most 'art of' books out there.

Overall, this book is a must for all 'art of' book collectors and concept artists/illustrators. Great collectors item for fans of the game too. I would put this in the same league as 'The art of Kung-Fu Panda' and 'The art of Sucker Punch'. Worth every penny!

Acer P225HQ 21.5inch Wide LCD, TFT Monitor, 50000:1, 5m, 300/m2, VGA, DVI, Glossy Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice monitor, 8 July 2010
I needed an extra monitor for my animation work and this one served it's purpose. However, once the base of the stand is attached, it cannot be removed! This made it extremely difficult to pack away when moving home.

The Computer Game Design Course: Principles, Practices and Techniques for the Aspiring Game Designer
by Jim Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Games Design Reference, 5 Mar. 2010
This is a great book for budding games designers/students and teachers.
I particularly like the sections on developing games characters and how to write a GDD (Games Design Document).
Simple and well-presented.

Tres Chic Masai Style Jewel Mannequin With Drawer
Tres Chic Masai Style Jewel Mannequin With Drawer

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 5 Mar. 2010
Bought this for my girlfriend a year ago for valentines day and it still stands beautifully on her shelf.

Assassin's Creed II (PC)
Assassin's Creed II (PC)
Offered by games.empire

1.0 out of 5 stars Ubisoft makes it Uber hard, 5 Mar. 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The first Assassin's Creed showed so much potential and was a graphical beauty. I was a huge fan.

We all know how great the Assassin's Creed 2 should be on PC, but the majority of us will have technical issues during gameplay due to Ubisoft's unforgiving DRM.

It'll be like being in bed with the girl/guy of your dreams but kicked out before climax because you blinked.

Ubisoft, sort it out. We might be fans of Assassin's Creed, but we're not stupid.

Saitek P480 Gamepad (PC)
Saitek P480 Gamepad (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars A controller for guests to use, 11 Jan. 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've already got an xbox controller for my laptop but i needed an extra controller so I could play against my mates. The P480 is a good choice cause it functions perfectly, feels a lot like a ps2 controller and if it breaks it isn't such a lose because you didn't have to break the bank for it.

Logitech Z-2300 Multimedia Speaker System - 200 Watt (Total)
Logitech Z-2300 Multimedia Speaker System - 200 Watt (Total)

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST student speakers around!, 11 Jan. 2008
I'm thinking about charging my friends an entry fee before they come in my room...
A regular ritual before me and my mates go clubbin is to jam in my room and listen to thumpin music through my 200W speakers. More often than not we end up getting to the club late because the power of these speakers give u the impression that you're already in the club!
I've had these speakers for 3months and I still wonder why they're are so cheap. The sound quality is crisp and clear(might want to adjust the equaliser for 'hip-hop' tracks). And the bass? Well my neighbour said "I can feel my room shaking!It's awesome!"
My best buy through Amazon so far.

Can't Stop Won't Stop: A History of the Hip-Hop Generation
Can't Stop Won't Stop: A History of the Hip-Hop Generation
by Jeff Chang

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Hip-hop book, 11 Jan. 2008
I constantly referred to this book for my essay on b-boy subculture but it was also an entertaining read too.
I recommend this book as essential reading for anyone who has the slight interest in hip-hop and/or youth subculture.

There's more to hip-hop than just 'pimps','hoes' and 'bustin caps' in 'asses'!

Western Digital My Book 500GB Essential  USB2.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book 500GB Essential USB2.0 External Hard Drive

2.0 out of 5 stars My rating so far, 11 Jan. 2008
I'm very careful with my things but because its thin and stands vertically, i accidentally knocked it over. Now all my data is lost and i have to pay £50-£100 to retrieve my data. I'm going to go for the Freecom tough drive now. It's more expensive but at least there's a less chance of it breaking... Im so gutted!...

(previous review) I've had no problems with this drive so far, but i am weary having heard these mixed reviews.
My drive is actually very quiet and doesn't vibrate my desk like one unfortunate customer was complaining about(maybe he needs to question the desk).
To be safe i'm going to keep my journey's with it to a minimum - especially when i'm traveling in the hectic city of London.
If u want something portable, look elsewhere. If you want simple and value for money, this is a good option.
What I really want is a 500GB shock-resistant water-proof bluetooth usb memory stick, but i guess beggars can't b choosers!

Page: 1 | 2