Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited
Price: 19.03

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Green Clean 5 litre bottle
removed green but did not clean path as jet washing does.

Watch Over Me
Watch Over Me
Price: 0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
I started off by thinking "this is a girly book"
To a certain extent I still think so but I was absorbed into the warmth of Glen Avich and its characters.
Don't tell anybody but it brought me close to tears several times.

The Butterfly Storm
The Butterfly Storm
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pay more attention to reviews, 13 Oct 2013
This was a "chic flick" of a book.
I checked out the average score on reviews before purchasing.
What I failed to notice {must pay more attention in future} was that nearly all reviewers were female.
Please please don't think I am being sexist. Some of the best books I have read in recent years were by female authors, Kathryn Stockett, Harper Lee. Gillian Flynn, Phillipa Gregory to name but a few, but their stories and writing style were gender neutral.
This was very touchy feely and basically a will she won't she.
Very popular with many but,sorry, not for me.

Bosmere B355 Rectangular Table Cover
Bosmere B355 Rectangular Table Cover
Price: 20.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit., 28 Sep 2012
Product arrived in promised time.
It fits the table perfectly with good quality ties round the legs.
Looks like it will withstand the rigours of a UK winter ok!

The Lake of Dreams
The Lake of Dreams
Price: 3.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to expectations, 4 Jun 2012
I was pleased to see this on the shelf having read Memory Keeper's Daughter some time ago and thoroughly enjoying it.
Whilst I found the tale well enough written it lacked any depth being based largely on the discovery of an ancestor never spoken about due to the heinous crime of having had a child out of wedlock!!!
It became a bit of a chore to finish the book and I will not so readily buy her next release.

The Red Queen (Cousins War 2)
The Red Queen (Cousins War 2)
by Philippa Gregory
Price: 3.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Philippa, tedious and hard work., 14 July 2011
I have read the vast majority of her novels, historical and other and have found them,in the main, un-put-downable. Sadly this was not so of The Red Queen which I seriously considered quitting on more than one occasion. { The only reason I didn't was due to "previous good behaviour"}
The book demonstrated a fixation with a preponderance of detail such as Edward second cousin to Lord Blah Blah of Lincoln through his marriage, after the death of his fiancee, to Lady Andthetramp 49th in line to the English throne but 2nd in line to the throne of Andalucia subject to the death of Ferdinand King of Granada!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell Gate (Alexandra Cooper)
Hell Gate (Alexandra Cooper)
by Linda Fairstein
Price: 5.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many books,too little time!, 4 Jan 2011
This is probably only the 4th or 5th book I have given up on.
I did persevere for 140 pages but found the plot wasn't developing any and the dialogue was poor.
I have visited Manhattan twice and have yet to meet anyone who speaks "smart*ss" as their first language, as did most of the characters in this book {interspersed with a touch of Joe Pesci}
I have 2 new books waiting to be read so not prepared to struggle through an unenjoyable book

The Jewel Of St Petersburg (Russian Concubine)
The Jewel Of St Petersburg (Russian Concubine)
by Kate Furnivall
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 3 Jan 2011
Recognised the author's name in book store and remembered thoroughly enjoying The Russian Concubine.Thoroughly enjoyed this prequel and was able to empathise both with the aristocracy [who never appreciated how underprivileged the masses were] and with the revolutionaries coming to a realisation of how oppressed they were.
How I regret giving Concubine to charity shop as I wanted to re-read it immediately I finished Jewel.

The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud (Film Tie-in)
The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud (Film Tie-in)
by Ben Sherwood
Price: 6.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Pulllease!!, 21 Oct 2010
Am I the only one who has twigged that this book was actually written by a hormonal teenage girl{on her Hannah Montana laptop} right after watching her Dad's DVD of Field of Dreams.

Passing Under Heaven
Passing Under Heaven
by Justin Hill
Price: 11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard work!!, 26 July 2010
This review is from: Passing Under Heaven (Paperback)
I persevered with this book for 270 pages. I eventually accepted that I wasn't particularly enjoying it and that it was detracting from the time I have to read other books.
The book is very well written but lacks plot of any depth.

Page: 1 | 2