3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars
Rubbish. Avoid!, 7 Dec 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
First, the hits:
- This game has really nice graphics. The car modelling and the environments are superb and everything looks gorgeous.
- The concept of Mario Kart-like racing with weapons promises hours of fun!
- I know this is supposed to be an 'arcade' racer, but the level of control you have over the car is vile! I have observed turning the steering in one direction while the car wheel were spinning in the opposite direction. Or braking hard and not notice any decelleration at all. It does not handle realistically at all and you might as well hand over the game pad to your granny because the results will be the same!
- The opponents are not constrained by such petty annoyances such as Newtonian physics! Every car including your own moves according to the physics of the Twilight Zone, where everything is ruled by the almighty Rubberband!
- The 'takedown camera' is a puerile attempt to arouse the machismo in us gamers, but you can't turn it off and when you're finally released from it, all you'll see is the backside of a truck hurling towards you at 200 mph (no, you can't steer to avoid it)!
Avoid this game like the plague, if you like driving, cars, chases, etc.