Profile for Crazy Seahorse > Reviews

Content by Crazy Seahorse

Crazy Seahorse "Crazy Seahorse" (Cambridge)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Pinzon Hemstitch 400TC Egyptian Cotton sateen flat sheet, Taupe 180 x 290 + 10 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars The future of bedding sheets., 11 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This sheet is a bit of a revelation in that we have washed and tumble dried it and when folded correctly has not needed ironing. My wife thinks this is the future of bedding sheets. It is made from Egyptian cotton and is a beautiful colour. Egyptian cotton is pretty much the best quality you can buy, by reputation it is cool in the summer and warming in the winter. So we have beautifully coloured crisp new sheets, which feel nice against the skin, cosy in the winter and cool in the summer, and doesn't need ironing. What is there not to like?

Recommended.

Linksys SE4008 WRT Family 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Linksys SE4008 WRT Family 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars A robust well constructed reliable switch, 11 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a reliable well built switch with a wide firm base. I am using the device to set up a self-contained network between my iMacs, network addressable server, and printer. Set-up was pain-free and very straight foward. The device has lights on the front, which show which channels are plugged in and where data is being exchanged, the front display can be turned off so that if it is kept in a lounge you aren't disturbed and only need them on when troubleshooting. Data transfer rates are pleasingly higher than from my old switch and back-ups via time machine are happening much more quickly.

I have a second network running over Wifi and both sit side by side on my devices. There are no conflict issues.

All in all this is a robust looking device that is a very effective ethernet switch. I have not exercised any where near all of the channels that are active on the device amd so can't comment on how it runs when handling a large amount of data. Nevertheless I am very happy with how the product has performed and recommend it.

TDK T62120 WR780 Wireless Headphones for Smartphone - Gold/Brown
TDK T62120 WR780 Wireless Headphones for Smartphone - Gold/Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable easily connected comfortable head phones, 6 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are wireless headphones that can connect to your smartphone via bluetooth or NFC. I have connected them to an iPhone 5 and iPad 2 and the connection process has been pretty easy. The headphones themselves are comfortable and adjust to a wide range of head sizes. I have quite a small head, but these reduce down to fit quite snuggly. Sound quality is OK but not fantastic and lacks a depth of bass that would have given them a more rounded sound.

A pleasing and unexpected feature is that the headphones have a built in microphone. This allows you to take and make telephone calls and works very well. I tried them out speaking normally and whispering and they picked up the call with clarity according to the person on the other end of the phone. There are three buttons on the side of the phones, which are surprisingly easy to use when on the head. All in all these are comfy and easy to use and I would recommend them.

Airfix Quick Build Bae Harrier Aircraft Model Kit
Airfix Quick Build Bae Harrier Aircraft Model Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars A confused concept., 6 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this product a little confusing. For me the fun of airfoil models is building it up careful piece by careful piece, gluing the pieces together, painting things properly - in other words the craft of modelling. I was never any good at it, but that's beside the point. This Airfix quick build kit, allows you to build a model very quickly, certainly in less than 10 minutes. The pieces are very lego like in the way they clip together giving a solid and faithful model of a harrier. Unlike Lego each piece is unique and moulded only to build the model you have bought and not anything else. So this kit is like Airfix but without the craft and lego without the creativity. Being neither one thing or the other I found it deeply unsatisfying and for me as a concept it just doesn't work.

On the other hand if you are a young boy who just wants a quick build model of a harrier it will work for you a it is quite a good quality model, but I suspect that is not the case.

Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars This will let you smile with confidence., 31 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a rechargeable electric toothbrush. It is slimmer than most electric toothbrushes I have seen or used, and the technology is getting closer to the form of a normal (non-electric) toothbrush. On first use, cleaning with the brush gives a strange sensation, bordering on unpleasant, which is quite like the feeling of the ultrasound cleaner at the dentists. However I got used to this as early as the second use and it wasn't at all unpleasant the second time. My teeth feel clean and nice after using the brush, and like I've done the job a bit more thoroughly than normal.

The brush comes with a charging ring and long cable that can plug into the shaver socket in the bathroom. The ring sits nicely on our toothbrush shelf under the mirror and seems more stable than other models we have in the family, The brush pops in the ring standing vertically and a red LED shows it is charging. There is also a bruch holder in the pack.

Cleaning is straight forwards, you press the start button and off you go. After 30s there is an interruption in the cleaning action, which is the signal to move on to the next zone, after two minutes the unit cuts out. You can restart by pressing the button to finish polishing that smile. Overall this is recommended.

Cole & Mason 165 mm Dark Wood Morley Crank Pepper Mill, Brown
Cole & Mason 165 mm Dark Wood Morley Crank Pepper Mill, Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, heavy duty pepper mill that does a great job, 27 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This pepper mill has the look and feel of a qualiy product. It is made of wood and has metal parts for grinding, both in the handle and on the jaws (?) for grinding up the pepper underneath. On the underside is a wingnut that allows you to change how finely the pepper is ground, and has a decent range from the sort of size you get in saches of pepper in a fast food joint, to big course lumps. The pepper mill handle gives you more leverage than a standard hold and twist mill and allows you to grate a lot of pepper quickly.

The great think is that my eldest daughter had a go, tasted the ground pepper and announced that she now likes pepper. If you knew how fussy she can be, you will realise this is quite a feat. Recommended

Micro Scalextric G1092 Fast & Furious 1:64 Scale Race Set
Micro Scalextric G1092 Fast & Furious 1:64 Scale Race Set

4.0 out of 5 stars A well conceived introduction to slot racing., 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is great for younger children. It is much smaller than your standard Scalextric and consequently much quicker and easier to build. It also makes it more suitable for those who have a smaller lounge It is easier to drive the cars too, although you can't go flat out all of the way round, you nearly can, which means that your children can give you a good race without getting too frustrated at always coming off. My children had a lot of fun playing with this when we tried it out, but as it is so small it didn't last long, and they were inspired to get out the hot wheels and play with that instead.

So I think this is good for filling up half an hour with a bit of racing and then you can put it away again, which is much quicker, easier and less effort than the full size Scalextric. I would hesitate to recommend it if your children are more than about 8 years old though.

Stanley STHT5-20211 20-inch/ 500mm Heavy Duty Saw (Pack of 5)
Stanley STHT5-20211 20-inch/ 500mm Heavy Duty Saw (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good set of saws but not sure why 5 are needed., 7 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are pretty decent quality saws, although it is clear that they have been designed to a budget, unlike the last forever, sharpened wooden handled saws that are left from my father's tool kit.. I am not sure why you would need 5? The handle is plastic with a rubber grip, which is comfy to hold even if you are not wearing gloves. The blade is steel and the teeth appear to be laser cut and are well set. The teeth are large and the saw gives a coarse cut. I've got them to cut wood for a wood burner, I wouldn't go near anything that needs fine control with it, its garden jobs all the way with these.

The saw comes in a paper/ cardboard sheath to protect it and is coated in oil, and I will try to hang on to this as long as I can as they will inevitably make the saw last longer.

Konstsmide Lightsets Outdoor 3612-110 19.04 m 120 Micro LED Fairy Lights, Warm White

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright lights!, 7 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are lights for outdoor trees for use at Christmas. We haven't tried them on the trees yet, but we have some other lights we got last year that are a similar design and work a treat. The transformer is large and robust and is about 10m from the first light. We keep our transformer in the garage, and feed the wire through a corner of our side door. There are enough lights to easily cover a small tree, our apricot tree, which we have used these on is about 2.5m high and has a canopy probably about the same diameter.

The lights are really bright and judging by last years model very reliable, it really does make everything much more beautiful in winter.

Recommended

Scalextric 1:32 Scale GT Lightning Slot Car (Purple)
Scalextric 1:32 Scale GT Lightning Slot Car (Purple)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic car, 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pretty decent if basic Scalextric car. It is simply moulded and not particularly well detailed or fixtures. The car comes with stickers that you can attach yourself, adding to the budget feel of the product when you take it out of the box.

It drives OK and competes well with the other cars in my fleet. As with most scalextric cars you get good performance out of the motor when new. It has taken a smash or two and survived unscathed so am quite happy with it.

I don't have digital scalextric so can't comment on how easy it is to use with those sets or how tricky it is to adapt it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13