Profile for Crazy Seahorse > Reviews

Content by Crazy Seahorse

Crazy Seahorse "Crazy Seahorse" (Cambridge)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Braun Oral-B PRO 2000 CrossAction 2-Mode Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B PRO 2000 CrossAction 2-Mode Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean teeth without the hassle., 14 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter appropriated this immediately it arrived, and so I cannot give you first hand experience of the tooth cleaning action. Having said this, she loves using this toothbrush, enjoys using it, and since we have got it I find I have to nag her to clean her teeth far less often. The brush has two modes of operation, one which rotates the brush the whole time and another that pulses to help get rid of heavy soiling.

The claimed charge times have been borne out in our experience, the unit charges and plugs into the shaving socket in the bathroom, and a good charge per week seems to suffice.

This electric toothbrush has really helped encourage my daughter to clean her teeth, our dentist recommend using them over normal toothbrushes as they give a better clean. Cleaner teeth and no nagging, what is not to like, I've therefore given 5 stars.

Wahoo PROTKT Bike Mount for iPhone 5 and 5S - Black
Wahoo PROTKT Bike Mount for iPhone 5 and 5S - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A good but expensive bike mount., 14 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a robust bike mount that fits tightly over an iPhone 5. The top pulls is attached by thick rubber and takes considerable finger strength to pull up. The strength required did confuse me a bit and I must confess to having to take some time to work out how exactly to pull it. The in box instructions are sparse and I wasn't going to stoop so low as to scan the QR code and watch the video on the internet.

I have mounted this on the stem of my mountain bike using the supplied adapter and cable ties. The arrangement works pretty well and the phone feels secure, I like the fact that I am not having to bolt anything tight to my bike, with the potential to leave marks on it. The mount has thick rubber seals and you can be sure from the certified IP rating that it will keep out water ingress and dust. The phone touchscreen works seamlessly throughout the protective screen and the mount buttons all activate the phone buttons evenly.

My one concern is again the high cost of the Wahoo mount. It appears to be nearly twice as much as similar products, although another phone bike mount I got at Christmas time only lasted 2 months or so before snapping, so if this lasts a long time it might well be worth the extra cash.

Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android - Blue
Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but battery life is suspect., 28 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a bluetooth and ANT+ hear rate monitor. In contrast to the older blue HR monitor this will interact with equipment in the gym as well as with your smartphone. It needs to be smart bluetooth and so an iPhone 5 or less and you will need to check for Android. I was attracted to this because I wanted to use it with Strava. What I have found since getting it is that I tend to use Wahoo's own fitness app and record everything from there are share it into multiple places. Wahoo fitness seems to be compatible with just about everything, including sending your data to yourself via an e-mail. I tend to send data to Strava and my fitness pal.

It is just a heart rate monitor however, and although very accurate, relies on having your phone to read it, I'm not sure how this suits runners, I beam it to the RFLKT product mounted on my bike handle bars. One last caution is to beware of battery life. If it is the same as the older blue HR monitor it will be about three months, for someone who cycles for about 5 hours per week, and does a further 4 hours in the gym. I guess that is the price of having a bluetooth monitor. The big plus with it is that it collects all your data together, which is really useful for training and data analysis.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2014 6:33 PM BST

Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S
Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 28 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This actually works really well. It comes with a wipe for cleaning your screen, a bit of sticky tape for removing last particles of dust and a frame with the screen protector in. You clean the screen , lower the screen protector frame over the phone, which gives perfect alignment, stick it on and then pull off the top layer. It took me less than 5 minutes to do and worked first time. The box only contains 1 protector but that is all you need. Recommended

The Late Scholar (Lord Peter Wimsey)
The Late Scholar (Lord Peter Wimsey)

4.0 out of 5 stars almost, but not quite, 22 Jun 2014
Just finished the late scholar, and probably need to re read whole chapters to get a clear sense of who did what and why. Too many characters, not well developed, all too loosely spun into murders based on Harriet vanes books. JPW still portrays the Wimseys well, but Bunter and his wife would have found it hard if he really had no holiday since 1949! Read this book to pass the time, not to stretch you mind.

D'Addario NYXL1046 Regular Light 10-46 Electric Guitar Strings
D'Addario NYXL1046 Regular Light 10-46 Electric Guitar Strings

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 7 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These strings come nicely packaged in a modified atmosphere bag. The strings are wound together in pairs, which is a bit more a fiddle than the separately coiled strings in individual packets of days gone by. The marketing promise louder sounds, more dynamic range and resistance to breaking strings. I play lots of blues and rock, but also strummy stuff in a church band and I can't remember the last time I broke a string. Tone wise, I couldn't really pick out a difference, apart from the nice ring you get from new strings. These didn't stay in tune amazingly well compared to other new strings I've used.

In general I use pretty basic strings and then treat them with a liquid polymer product such as string life or strings of strength, which makes them last for ages. These strings have not convinced me to change my habits and are most certainly not the revolution that the marketing proclaims them to be.

All in all, they are useable strings, but if you are searching for tone they aren't going to be the answer for you. If you want a bit more longevity out of your guitar I suggest researching one of the polymer products I mentioned earlier in the review and using that.

Galt Sewing Case
Galt Sewing Case

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not exciting, probably good for a rainy day, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Galt Sewing Case (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughters are very in to craft. They like this pack and will enjoy doing the crafts inside it, but they weren't excited by the package. The case looks a bit flimsy and low quality, inside are a variety of pieces of material and wadding to stuff them with. It will help us to pass the time on a rainy day, but it will be something I get out of the cupboard and remind my children that we have it, rather than them urging to me to let them do it.

It's OK but not exciting

Vango Saturn Atlantic Double Sleeping Bag - Atlantic
Vango Saturn Atlantic Double Sleeping Bag - Atlantic

5.0 out of 5 stars Very roomy and pretty warm, 27 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have just tested this whilst camping with the children over a very wet bank holiday weekend. The double sized sleeping bag has lots of room inside and is pretty warm. Overnight temperature was about 8-9 degrees C, which is around the bottom of the range advertised for this bag, I didn't wake for feeling cold and slept only in pyjamas. My children didn't fair so well in their bags and both wanted to get in to warm up at some stage in the night. They slept pretty soundly and there was room enough that I managed to get some sleep on the edge despite the wriggling of a small child.

All in all it is a big root bag, easily big enough for two adults to sleep in and takes up a lot less room than two bags, which are then slipped together. It is not as mummifying as a cocoon type single person bag, but having some sleeping bag to bridge the gap between pillow and bag under you help really helps.

Recommended.

Braun Silk-épil 7 7569 - Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extras (Including Shaver Head and Trimmer Cap, Cleansing Brush for Face)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Repeat Purchase, 27 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife first got one of these about 6 years ago. The rechargeable battery is spent and this was ordered as a replacement. The unit hasn't really changed since the last one, which we guess is why there is the added face tool. We can't see the point of the face tool, and it won't be used very much in contrast to the epilator. The epilator is robust and quite efficient at hair removal. I can't attest to pain levels, but my wife says it hurts, but not as much as waxing does. It can be used in the bath or dry as the unit is water proof.

This is a a repeat purchase because we liked the original so much. It hasn't changed in design and is still recommended.

Monster High Tween Ready Bed, Multi-Color
Monster High Tween Ready Bed, Multi-Color

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit small, 7 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a well made bed with a nice design. My two girls aged 8 and 10 fought over it and ultimately the younger one won out, not because she was more persuasive but because this bed is on the small side. Although the product description was for tween's and Monster High is aimed at their demographic, the reality was that my 10 year old was too big for it really. This all might be OK if my children weren't small but they are, my 10 year is just about the shortest girl in her year at school. So one happy 8 year old and a put out 10 year old, as tweens are defined as 8-14 the buyer needs to beware.

We took the bed camping last week, my youngest slept in it and found it comfortable. She lifted the top sheet and put her sleeping bag in underneath. The bed held up well and didn't go down, my youngest was warm enough and very pleased with her bed.

All in all, size excepted, this is a reasonable quality pump up bed with a nice design.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12