Profile for Crazy Seahorse > Reviews

Content by Crazy Seahorse

Crazy Seahorse "Crazy Seahorse" (Cambridge)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Rapesco X5-90PS Less Effort Heavy Duty Stapler
Rapesco X5-90PS Less Effort Heavy Duty Stapler
Price: 34.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty but not Battery Powered, 4 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really is a heavy duty stapler and works really well. It is ideal for powering its way through thick reams of paper and gives a positive result. It folds the staple right through, giving you confidence in the process. Despite the power assisted name, this stapler is hand powered and uses a spring mechanism to generate more force. Although you still have to press quite hard to get the staple through the pages it is quite easy and does not need a heel of the hand and whole body weight effort to make it staple.

I was pretty pleased with it, having been sent it to review, but alas it will not be enjoyed by my office, as my wife has hoiked it away, saying the NHS's needs are far greater. Recommended.

Philips GC8638/20 PerfectCare Aqua Iron Steam Generator with One Perfect Temperature and 280 g Steam Boost, 2500 ml, 2400 Watt, 5.3 Bar, Navy
Price: 219.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great iRon, 4 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The whole structure of this iron is huge. It is like a model spaceship and does not sit that readily on an ironing board. When you carry it about it has a locking mechanism to keep the iron on top in place, which looks a bit fragile given the size of the iron below and the weight of water it might hold. Despite the misgivings about size and the flimsiness of the locking mechanism, this gets a five star review because it irons clothes really well.

The bottom part of the iron stays on the board and the top lifts off and has steam jetted through it. There is a trigger on the iron handle to allow you to choose how much steam jets out. It has a smart heating system that is supposed to prevent burning. I could not see how temperature was set so I tentatively ironed a few test pieces of fabric and it did the job as suggested. I am not the best person at ironing in the world and my wife doesn't let me iron shirts if I need them for something smart like work. because the results aren't good enough, with this device even I managed to get crisp lines and remove all the creases.

My children have really enjoyed using it to, an iron that gets your kids to do their own ironing because it is so nice to use? Can't be all that bad.

It holds a large quantity of wa

Oral-B Pro 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Pro 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Price: 35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean teeth without the hassle., 14 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter appropriated this immediately it arrived, and so I cannot give you first hand experience of the tooth cleaning action. Having said this, she loves using this toothbrush, enjoys using it, and since we have got it I find I have to nag her to clean her teeth far less often. The brush has two modes of operation, one which rotates the brush the whole time and another that pulses to help get rid of heavy soiling.

The claimed charge times have been borne out in our experience, the unit charges and plugs into the shaving socket in the bathroom, and a good charge per week seems to suffice.

This electric toothbrush has really helped encourage my daughter to clean her teeth, our dentist recommend using them over normal toothbrushes as they give a better clean. Cleaner teeth and no nagging, what is not to like, I've therefore given 5 stars.

Wahoo PROTKT Bike Mount for iPhone 5 and 5S - Black
Wahoo PROTKT Bike Mount for iPhone 5 and 5S - Black
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good but expensive bike mount., 14 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a robust bike mount that fits tightly over an iPhone 5. The top pulls is attached by thick rubber and takes considerable finger strength to pull up. The strength required did confuse me a bit and I must confess to having to take some time to work out how exactly to pull it. The in box instructions are sparse and I wasn't going to stoop so low as to scan the QR code and watch the video on the internet.

I have mounted this on the stem of my mountain bike using the supplied adapter and cable ties. The arrangement works pretty well and the phone feels secure, I like the fact that I am not having to bolt anything tight to my bike, with the potential to leave marks on it. The mount has thick rubber seals and you can be sure from the certified IP rating that it will keep out water ingress and dust. The phone touchscreen works seamlessly throughout the protective screen and the mount buttons all activate the phone buttons evenly.

My one concern is again the high cost of the Wahoo mount. It appears to be nearly twice as much as similar products, although another phone bike mount I got at Christmas time only lasted 2 months or so before snapping, so if this lasts a long time it might well be worth the extra cash.

Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android - Blue
Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android - Blue
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but battery life is suspect., 28 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a bluetooth and ANT+ hear rate monitor. In contrast to the older blue HR monitor this will interact with equipment in the gym as well as with your smartphone. It needs to be smart bluetooth and so an iPhone 5 or less and you will need to check for Android. I was attracted to this because I wanted to use it with Strava. What I have found since getting it is that I tend to use Wahoo's own fitness app and record everything from there are share it into multiple places. Wahoo fitness seems to be compatible with just about everything, including sending your data to yourself via an e-mail. I tend to send data to Strava and my fitness pal.

It is just a heart rate monitor however, and although very accurate, relies on having your phone to read it, I'm not sure how this suits runners, I beam it to the RFLKT product mounted on my bike handle bars. One last caution is to beware of battery life. If it is the same as the older blue HR monitor it will be about three months, for someone who cycles for about 5 hours per week, and does a further 4 hours in the gym. I guess that is the price of having a bluetooth monitor. The big plus with it is that it collects all your data together, which is really useful for training and data analysis.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2014 6:33 PM BST

Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S
Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S
Price: 7.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 28 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This actually works really well. It comes with a wipe for cleaning your screen, a bit of sticky tape for removing last particles of dust and a frame with the screen protector in. You clean the screen , lower the screen protector frame over the phone, which gives perfect alignment, stick it on and then pull off the top layer. It took me less than 5 minutes to do and worked first time. The box only contains 1 protector but that is all you need. Recommended

The Late Scholar (Lord Peter Wimsey)
The Late Scholar (Lord Peter Wimsey)
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars almost, but not quite, 22 Jun 2014
Just finished the late scholar, and probably need to re read whole chapters to get a clear sense of who did what and why. Too many characters, not well developed, all too loosely spun into murders based on Harriet vanes books. JPW still portrays the Wimseys well, but Bunter and his wife would have found it hard if he really had no holiday since 1949! Read this book to pass the time, not to stretch you mind.

D'Addario NYXL1046 Regular Light 10-46 Electric Guitar Strings
D'Addario NYXL1046 Regular Light 10-46 Electric Guitar Strings
Price: 11.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 7 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These strings come nicely packaged in a modified atmosphere bag. The strings are wound together in pairs, which is a bit more a fiddle than the separately coiled strings in individual packets of days gone by. The marketing promise louder sounds, more dynamic range and resistance to breaking strings. I play lots of blues and rock, but also strummy stuff in a church band and I can't remember the last time I broke a string. Tone wise, I couldn't really pick out a difference, apart from the nice ring you get from new strings. These didn't stay in tune amazingly well compared to other new strings I've used.

In general I use pretty basic strings and then treat them with a liquid polymer product such as string life or strings of strength, which makes them last for ages. These strings have not convinced me to change my habits and are most certainly not the revolution that the marketing proclaims them to be.

All in all, they are useable strings, but if you are searching for tone they aren't going to be the answer for you. If you want a bit more longevity out of your guitar I suggest researching one of the polymer products I mentioned earlier in the review and using that.

Galt Sewing Case
Galt Sewing Case
Price: 13.96

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not exciting, probably good for a rainy day, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Galt Sewing Case (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughters are very in to craft. They like this pack and will enjoy doing the crafts inside it, but they weren't excited by the package. The case looks a bit flimsy and low quality, inside are a variety of pieces of material and wadding to stuff them with. It will help us to pass the time on a rainy day, but it will be something I get out of the cupboard and remind my children that we have it, rather than them urging to me to let them do it.

It's OK but not exciting

Vango Saturn Atlantic Double Sleeping Bag
Vango Saturn Atlantic Double Sleeping Bag
Price: 33.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Very roomy and pretty warm, 27 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have just tested this whilst camping with the children over a very wet bank holiday weekend. The double sized sleeping bag has lots of room inside and is pretty warm. Overnight temperature was about 8-9 degrees C, which is around the bottom of the range advertised for this bag, I didn't wake for feeling cold and slept only in pyjamas. My children didn't fair so well in their bags and both wanted to get in to warm up at some stage in the night. They slept pretty soundly and there was room enough that I managed to get some sleep on the edge despite the wriggling of a small child.

All in all it is a big root bag, easily big enough for two adults to sleep in and takes up a lot less room than two bags, which are then slipped together. It is not as mummifying as a cocoon type single person bag, but having some sleeping bag to bridge the gap between pillow and bag under you help really helps.

Recommended.