Profile for Crazy Seahorse > Reviews

Content by Crazy Seahorse

Crazy Seahorse "Crazy Seahorse" (Cambridge)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)
Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A possible solution to the stinky gym kit problem., 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have taken a while to review this but wanted to do some tests to be sure that it worked. Those who wear lycra a lot, cyclists, gym bunnies and the like will know that although it is very good and practical for exercise, it stinks afterwards. I am told it is down to bacteria living off your sweat and living in your clothing. It is not your body causing the odour but the bacteria living in the clothes. So I wondered if this detail product might do the trick and remove the odours from my lycra?

Well fill a bucket with warm water, put in a scoop of detail, wait 5 minutes and then wash as normal. The result is that for the first time pretty much since the second or third wear, my lycra doesn't have that sweaty odour anymore. A stunning result and worth 5 stars.

Monster High Haunted Student Spirit Vandala Doubloons
Monster High Haunted Student Spirit Vandala Doubloons
Offered by MedClub

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 19 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My eldest daughter is enchanted by this doll. She has been inspired to build her own haunted house out of the Amazon box this was delivered in and it is an impressive structure. I'm not sure what has tipped the balance but she really likes the pirates hat and the costume. She is also quite taken with the hair, but thinks a pony tail would suit her better.

I think the wooden leg looks a bit odd, but I have given this five stars because my daughter is so engaged with the doll, in a way (and she has many) that she hasn't been for quite some time. The junk modelled haunted house has occupied both my daughters for half term and for that alone it is worth 5 stars.

Monster High Haunted Student Spirit Porter Geiss
Monster High Haunted Student Spirit Porter Geiss
Offered by MedClub

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made but doesn't really glow in the dark, 19 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My children are big fans of Monster High. They were also complaining to me that none of their dolls are boys. So we have Porter, he is made from glowing green plastic and comes with a range of clothes and a stand. The stand allows him to float in the air, but he spends most of his time off his stand. My children have tried and tried to make his claimed luminosity work, apparently he glows a little bit, but not enough to satisfy the expectations of a nine year old girl.

It appears to be well made and nicely designed and despite the lack of glow, my children really like it. They have other Monster High dolls and I suspect you need a few to have as much fun as our daughters do with this.

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works!, 19 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Vanish has saved so many of our clothing items it deserves a five star review. Whilst not completely full proof I have been amazed at the number of times something has been potentially ruined by a spilled drink or some errant chocolate or curry stain. Hopefully now the children are a bit older the need for vanish will diminish but somehow I suspect not. Anyway there is not too much to say apart from the fact that it works, and with modern washing machines operating at lower temperatures and modern fabrics not liking boil washes, it is useful for getting those whites crisp and clean.

Finish All in One Max Original Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Original Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product let down by the packaging., 12 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a product for cleaning dishes, this works very well. You have to make sure the settings on your diswhwasher is set to combi tabs, but it does appear to do a good job getting the dishes clean and the glasses shining. The tabs are wrapped in a wrapper that looks like you have to remove it first. In fact I did before reading the packaging, and it is a faff so it is a relief that you don't have to. The wrapper is needed to stop the power ball from falling out of the tablet.

The tear off strip for the pouch tore a little more of the bag than is necessary, which means that it does not reseal. I did not think that this was too much of an issue as the tabs were individually wrapped until I realised that they were not to be removed and therefore will be moisture sensitive. All in all the finishing of the pouch and the fact that it tore open is a bit poor considering the high cost of the tablets.

Kent's Kitchen Beef Gravy 220 g (Pack of 3)
Kent's Kitchen Beef Gravy 220 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice gravy, 29 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife cuts out wheat now and again and we have a friend who needs gluten free food and therefore we thought we would give this a try. On first tasting it does appear to make very nice gravy. It comes as a paste and you add water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. So there is a bit of planning required with your Sunday roast if you don't read the packet first. We didn't the first time around and instead added boiling water gave it a hard stir and heated it in the microwave. It gives a more cloudy result but the taste is there.

In terms of taste it is a bit herby with undertones of oxo, its what we wanted from a thick beef gravy but if that doesn't sound appetising then it is not for you. My wife and I really liked it, my kids, who are confirmed Bisto girls weren't keen.

Let's Play a Game: All you need to play six board games
Let's Play a Game: All you need to play six board games
by OKIDO

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun in a neat package., 19 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a well packaged set of board games that come in a large booksized package containing some coloured counters, a spinner, and three boards with a board game on either side, giving a total of six board games. All of the board games are based around the race to the finish theme but have an interesting twist to them. Universally popular with the children is the body part fart noise game, where you make the noises of various body parts as you go around the board. My wife is not so enthusiatic as the children though, despite her misgivings she does admit it is good fun.

Whilst a spinner is easier to contain in a package such as this, my advise is to stick a dice inside as well as they are more reliable than a spinner. We will be taking this pack camping and on holiday together as there is so much family fun to be head in one book size pack. If you lose some parts, really it is only a few counters and a dice/ spinner that can be easily replace. Perfect.

Tacwise 0396 18G/ 25mm Nails (Box of 5000)
Tacwise 0396 18G/ 25mm Nails (Box of 5000)

4.0 out of 5 stars A bag of nails, 6 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is hard to review a box of nails, rather than the nail gun that goes with it, but I will try. These nails are about 25mm long and maybe a 1mm wide. They are ideal for tacking things together, we are planning on building a chicken run with them. The nails come in strips like staples and are joined loosely together and fit into the nail gun cassette very easily.

It might be difficult to conceive how you will ever use 5000 nails around the home and my feeling it is that they will be more than I ever need or I will be building a chicken maze in the future. It is a good product though, easy to load and works well. Recommended.

Guilty Gadgets ® - 5m 5 Metre HDMI to HDMI Cable Wire Lead Gold Connector Fast 1.4 Version High Speed With Ethernet Gold Connectors Cable for All Brands including Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, LG, Sharp, Plasma, LED, LCD, TV, HD, TV's, Xbox 360, PS3, SKY Digital, HDTV, Blu-Ray DVD Player, Philips, HMP2000, Apple TV, Virgin Tivo, Freesat, Freeview Box, Playstation 3, BT, Laptop, Desktop, Netbook, Surround Sound Systrem, Sky Box, F5, HDTV, Raspberry Pi, PS3, MHL, Projector
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars A good value cable., 22 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
HDMI is a standard for cable connections that can easily be looked up on Wikipedia. As HDMI is a digital interface, the hardware a cable connects between need only send 3 or 5V signals that can be distinguished from zero. As such there is no noise to suppress and no need to buy big thick expensive cables. The cable just needs to be of sufficient quality to have a good terminations at each end and this cable is one such example of that.

I've connected mine between my plasma TV and a blue ray player and the results are just as good as for the more expensive but shorter cable I replaced. I wanted to move the blue ray player further away from the TV and it has done the job.

Don't be fooled by expensive cables for digital interconnects, it is simply not worth the money, as such this cable represents good value and is recommended.

Verbatim 52619 LED Classic A B22 6 Watt Light Bulb
Verbatim 52619 LED Classic A B22 6 Watt Light Bulb
Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Really a great product, 8 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a fan of LED lighting. I did research into LEDs and can tell you that they are very efficient in terms of light generation and very reliable in terms of lifetime. The challenge really was to put the light into a package where it doesn't look like a lot of tiny spots but actually delivers the warm glow of a frosted incandescent lightbulb. I am very pleased to report that Verbatim have achieved this. This is a 6 watt lightbulb, and the packaging recommends that it replaces a 40W bulb, but I have used it to replace a 60W bulb with good results, which represents a phenomenal 90% power saving.

Unlike the fluourescent tubes, these bulbs turn on instantly and are the same form factor as the filament bulbs from pre-tube day. It means that they fit into light fittings better and look better, delivering instant light without a flicker. I think that the tubes will be a passing fad and LED bulbs although expensive will become the defacto standard. The packaging says the bulb will last for 20 years, I do hope so.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14