Profile for Crazy Seahorse > Reviews

Content by Crazy Seahorse

Crazy Seahorse "Crazy Seahorse" (Cambridge)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Kent's Kitchen Beef Gravy 220 g (Pack of 3)
Kent's Kitchen Beef Gravy 220 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice gravy, 29 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife cuts out wheat now and again and we have a friend who needs gluten free food and therefore we thought we would give this a try. On first tasting it does appear to make very nice gravy. It comes as a paste and you add water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. So there is a bit of planning required with your Sunday roast if you don't read the packet first. We didn't the first time around and instead added boiling water gave it a hard stir and heated it in the microwave. It gives a more cloudy result but the taste is there.

In terms of taste it is a bit herby with undertones of oxo, its what we wanted from a thick beef gravy but if that doesn't sound appetising then it is not for you. My wife and I really liked it, my kids, who are confirmed Bisto girls weren't keen.

Let's Play a Game: All you need to play six board games
Let's Play a Game: All you need to play six board games
by OKIDO

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun in a neat package., 19 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a well packaged set of board games that come in a large booksized package containing some coloured counters, a spinner, and three boards with a board game on either side, giving a total of six board games. All of the board games are based around the race to the finish theme but have an interesting twist to them. Universally popular with the children is the body part fart noise game, where you make the noises of various body parts as you go around the board. My wife is not so enthusiatic as the children though, despite her misgivings she does admit it is good fun.

Whilst a spinner is easier to contain in a package such as this, my advise is to stick a dice inside as well as they are more reliable than a spinner. We will be taking this pack camping and on holiday together as there is so much family fun to be head in one book size pack. If you lose some parts, really it is only a few counters and a dice/ spinner that can be easily replace. Perfect.

Tacwise 0396 18G/ 25mm Nails (Box of 5000)
Tacwise 0396 18G/ 25mm Nails (Box of 5000)
Offered by AHC (Camberley) Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A bag of nails, 6 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is hard to review a box of nails, rather than the nail gun that goes with it, but I will try. These nails are about 25mm long and maybe a 1mm wide. They are ideal for tacking things together, we are planning on building a chicken run with them. The nails come in strips like staples and are joined loosely together and fit into the nail gun cassette very easily.

It might be difficult to conceive how you will ever use 5000 nails around the home and my feeling it is that they will be more than I ever need or I will be building a chicken maze in the future. It is a good product though, easy to load and works well. Recommended.

Guilty Gadgets ® - 5m 5 Metre HDMI to HDMI Cable Wire Lead Gold Connector Fast 1.4 Version High Speed With Ethernet Gold Connectors Cable for All Brands including Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, LG, Sharp, Plasma, LED, LCD, TV, HD, TV's, Xbox 360, PS3, SKY Digital, HDTV, Blu-Ray DVD Player, Philips, HMP2000, Apple TV, Virgin Tivo, Freesat, Freeview Box, Playstation 3, BT, Laptop, Desktop, Netbook, Surround Sound Systrem, Sky Box, F5, HDTV, Raspberry Pi, PS3, MHL, Projector
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars A good value cable., 22 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
HDMI is a standard for cable connections that can easily be looked up on Wikipedia. As HDMI is a digital interface, the hardware a cable connects between need only send 3 or 5V signals that can be distinguished from zero. As such there is no noise to suppress and no need to buy big thick expensive cables. The cable just needs to be of sufficient quality to have a good terminations at each end and this cable is one such example of that.

I've connected mine between my plasma TV and a blue ray player and the results are just as good as for the more expensive but shorter cable I replaced. I wanted to move the blue ray player further away from the TV and it has done the job.

Don't be fooled by expensive cables for digital interconnects, it is simply not worth the money, as such this cable represents good value and is recommended.

Verbatim 52619 LED Classic A B22 6 Watt Light Bulb
Verbatim 52619 LED Classic A B22 6 Watt Light Bulb
Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Really a great product, 8 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a fan of LED lighting. I did research into LEDs and can tell you that they are very efficient in terms of light generation and very reliable in terms of lifetime. The challenge really was to put the light into a package where it doesn't look like a lot of tiny spots but actually delivers the warm glow of a frosted incandescent lightbulb. I am very pleased to report that Verbatim have achieved this. This is a 6 watt lightbulb, and the packaging recommends that it replaces a 40W bulb, but I have used it to replace a 60W bulb with good results, which represents a phenomenal 90% power saving.

Unlike the fluourescent tubes, these bulbs turn on instantly and are the same form factor as the filament bulbs from pre-tube day. It means that they fit into light fittings better and look better, delivering instant light without a flicker. I think that the tubes will be a passing fad and LED bulbs although expensive will become the defacto standard. The packaging says the bulb will last for 20 years, I do hope so.

Tacwise 1038 Hobby 53EL Kit
Tacwise 1038 Hobby 53EL Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value power staple gun., 24 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a handy tool that inserts staples with some power. It would have been better if it worked from a battery supply rather than just from mains, but I imagine that would have made the tacker quite heavy and unweildy. Just like with a normal stapler, staples are loaded by opening a tray at the back and pulling it out, insert the staples you are ready to go. Quite usefully the tacwise takes three different sizes of staples for different jobs.

We tried out the tacwise on a notice board, stapling some padding covered material to an MDF board. Although the tacwise pushes out staples with some force, you do need to press it hard to sandwich the materials to the board and then insert the staple. This process gives a reliable fixing. If you get the stapling wrong there is a removal tool that has been included in the pack. My wife and I are split as to its usefullness. I guess in fairness we could categorise its use as a skilled task, it does appear to let you remove the stable and use a rocking motion to lever it out. My wife thinks she would prefer to use pliers.

All in all the Tacwise is a useful tool, driving staples in with some power. It is not perfect (lack of portability and dubious removal tool) but it does the job well in our experience.

Pinzon Egyptian Cotton Sateen, Taupe, Single Flat Sheet
Pinzon Egyptian Cotton Sateen, Taupe, Single Flat Sheet

5.0 out of 5 stars The future of bedding sheets., 11 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This sheet is a bit of a revelation in that we have washed and tumble dried it and when folded correctly has not needed ironing. My wife thinks this is the future of bedding sheets. It is made from Egyptian cotton and is a beautiful colour. Egyptian cotton is pretty much the best quality you can buy, by reputation it is cool in the summer and warming in the winter. So we have beautifully coloured crisp new sheets, which feel nice against the skin, cosy in the winter and cool in the summer, and doesn't need ironing. What is there not to like?

Recommended.

Linksys SE4008 WRT Family 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Linksys SE4008 WRT Family 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Offered by Ballicom International

4.0 out of 5 stars A robust well constructed reliable switch, 11 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a reliable well built switch with a wide firm base. I am using the device to set up a self-contained network between my iMacs, network addressable server, and printer. Set-up was pain-free and very straight foward. The device has lights on the front, which show which channels are plugged in and where data is being exchanged, the front display can be turned off so that if it is kept in a lounge you aren't disturbed and only need them on when troubleshooting. Data transfer rates are pleasingly higher than from my old switch and back-ups via time machine are happening much more quickly.

I have a second network running over Wifi and both sit side by side on my devices. There are no conflict issues.

All in all this is a robust looking device that is a very effective ethernet switch. I have not exercised any where near all of the channels that are active on the device amd so can't comment on how it runs when handling a large amount of data. Nevertheless I am very happy with how the product has performed and recommend it.

TDK T62120 WR780 Wireless Headphones for Smartphone - Gold/Brown
TDK T62120 WR780 Wireless Headphones for Smartphone - Gold/Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable easily connected comfortable head phones, 6 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are wireless headphones that can connect to your smartphone via bluetooth or NFC. I have connected them to an iPhone 5 and iPad 2 and the connection process has been pretty easy. The headphones themselves are comfortable and adjust to a wide range of head sizes. I have quite a small head, but these reduce down to fit quite snuggly. Sound quality is OK but not fantastic and lacks a depth of bass that would have given them a more rounded sound.

A pleasing and unexpected feature is that the headphones have a built in microphone. This allows you to take and make telephone calls and works very well. I tried them out speaking normally and whispering and they picked up the call with clarity according to the person on the other end of the phone. There are three buttons on the side of the phones, which are surprisingly easy to use when on the head. All in all these are comfy and easy to use and I would recommend them.

Airfix Quick Build Bae Harrier Aircraft Model Kit
Airfix Quick Build Bae Harrier Aircraft Model Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars A confused concept., 6 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this product a little confusing. For me the fun of airfoil models is building it up careful piece by careful piece, gluing the pieces together, painting things properly - in other words the craft of modelling. I was never any good at it, but that's beside the point. This Airfix quick build kit, allows you to build a model very quickly, certainly in less than 10 minutes. The pieces are very lego like in the way they clip together giving a solid and faithful model of a harrier. Unlike Lego each piece is unique and moulded only to build the model you have bought and not anything else. So this kit is like Airfix but without the craft and lego without the creativity. Being neither one thing or the other I found it deeply unsatisfying and for me as a concept it just doesn't work.

On the other hand if you are a young boy who just wants a quick build model of a harrier it will work for you a it is quite a good quality model, but I suspect that is not the case.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13