Profile for Crazy Seahorse > Reviews

Content by Crazy Seahorse

Crazy Seahorse "Crazy Seahorse" (Cambridge)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Ultrasport AB Roller Ab Trainer Wheel Incl. Workout Booklet
Ultrasport AB Roller Ab Trainer Wheel Incl. Workout Booklet
Offered by Ultra24Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Roll me over, 20 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a device for exercising your abs, and it is a pretty effective exercise too. I've performed the exercise in the gym many times, with a short bar and a weight as a roller. This is more comfortable to use, and as the wheel is wider than a weight probably a bit more stable. It has a sturdy construction and the grips are comfortable and easy to hold.

I've only given it four stars because despite being well made, it only really allows you to use if for one exercise and one muscle group and so therefore is a bit specialised and limited. Having said that, it does allow you to do a quick abs workout in the living room or the garage, coupled with the plank, some russian twists and some crunches you have a reasonable work out.

Philips SC2008/11 IPL Lumea Precision Plus Hair Regrowth Prevention System
Philips SC2008/11 IPL Lumea Precision Plus Hair Regrowth Prevention System

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product but not for everyone, 20 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product comes with a great deal of safety warnings and you need to read all the instructions thoroughly before use. It works by firing an intense pulse of (laser) light into your skin. Your hair folicles absorb the light and heat up, burning out. So as you can imagine there is a risk if your skin is already damaged through sunburn or if your skin is very sensitive that it will cause irritation. As the light has to get into your skin and be absorbed by your hair, it doesn't work if your skin is very dark (light won't get through) or your hair is very light or white (no absorption of the light by the hair). So beware of all of this before you buy as it might not be suitable for you.

The device is about the size and weight of a hair dryer. You shave the area first and then put the light over it. You have to press the light windown against the skin, at which point the back of the device glows and you are able to fire a pulse of light into the skin. This is for safety, it ensures the light goes into your skin and not into someone's eye, I imagine that would not be good. From experience you can tell if you if it has worked well because you will feel a quick stab of pain a bit like being pricked with a needle but less painful and, of course, without the blood. I would say less painful than pulling off a plaster on a hairy arm. What happens in the following day, is a little bit of soreness in some areas but thereafter no hair growing back.

The packaging says that after a few goes it is more and more effective, and it all seems a bit faster and a lot less painful than wax or an epilator.
If you have dark hair and light skin then this will be a good product for you.

Minecraft For Dummies
Minecraft For Dummies
by Jesse Stay

4.0 out of 5 stars Thorough but a bit dry., 4 May 2015
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book takes you through all things minecraft. My two daughters are devoted players and they have found this book a useful resource. The younger one tried to read the book through from the start. It is very thorough and perhaps more basic at first than she needed. I told her to look through the chapters and pick something she wants to learn about. She did that and her opinion of the book changed. It has got lots of information in it and explains things sufficiently well for a nine year old girl to pick it up. I think that is a pretty good recommendation for a how to guide, or a 'for dummies' book.

So I think this is a pretty good get you up to speed quickly guide to minecraft, but there is a catch. Minecraft is popular with children of primary school age and above and they are not the sort of people who take readily to a book like this. So as a parent you at least have something to turn to when they are stuck.

Simply Good News
Simply Good News
by Tom Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, simply good news, 4 May 2015
This review is from: Simply Good News (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am quite enjoying reading this book. It is written by someone who is an established expert on the New Testament and I agree with the central point of his message. Jesus came to proclaim the good news that the kingdom of God is here. He came to proclaim the good news that it was He that was bringing the kingdom in. Heaven, God's space is not an ethereal in the here ever after, but something that Christians need to work to make in the here.
Actually since I decided to become a disciple of Jesus and live according to His ways and His teachings, my life has become fulfilled. I am a better person to know. I think that Jesus revolution is the ultimate power because when people live His way and stop their selfish ways and driving for their own ends but instead favour the poor and defenseless then the world would be truly transformed. Just think: no dictators, no unfair laws, no poor, no injustice but lots of grace and mercy. This is good news and Tom Wright explores this more eloquently and thoroughly than I ever could.

TONI&GUY  Men Styling Fibre 75 ml
TONI&GUY Men Styling Fibre 75 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance, 23 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used a vareity of hair products over the years to keep the hair on the top of my head spiky or flat topped or other crimes against the fashion world. I have to say that I am very impressed with this product and I have been looking for something like it for a long time. Although gel and mousse work very well, when you travel you are never far from a bag full of slime or a bag full of foam. Wax is an answer but it is really hard to work into your hair, if you are in a hot climate its a little better, but although safe in terms of a travel bag the results aren't great. I have used brylcream's was gel but it doesn't go far enough. Just for completeness gel can form into sticky balls - not pleasant and mousse fails if applied by the hands and needs to be combed through.

This product appears to sit in just the right place. It is like a thick cream, it is soft to the touch and easy to work into your fingers and into your hair. It didn't leave any sticky residue on my hands and only needed a quick wash afterwards. I got the results that I wanted when I styled my hair, it's quite fine and needs a fairly firm gel to get the spiky effect. I tested it for transportation by putting it in the back pocket of my cycling jersey on my commute this morning, and it arrived looking the same inside the tin as when I left.

It looks like the right product for me and although I got this to review on Amazon Vine I expect I shall buy it again.

Philips SatinPerfect Deluxe HP6581/03 Wet and Dry Epilator, with Skin Tautening Attachment, Shaver Head and Precision Epilator

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but there are better epilators on the market, 15 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice package containing an epilator, a couple of different heads, a small epilator for difficult to reach places and a pair of tweazers with a light on them. The tweazers, carry much and small epilator went down very well in our house but the main product was not so well received. We have reviewed other epilators and compared with it, this Philips one is noisier and less good at extracting small hairs. It has a wider head as well, which has the benefit of making the hair removal process fasters as it mows a wider stripe in the lawn so to speak, but at the cost of feeling a lot more aggressive. Pulling hairs out hurts and this is pulling more hairs out at once.

So it can't get full marks because the main part of the product is not as good as other products on the market. Having written that, it still does a good job and the other items in the package overall got the thumbs up from the ladies in my household. The narrow headed epilator particularly. The skin stretching function was also felt not to work particularly well.

Einhell TE-OS 18 Li solo Power  X-Change 18 V  Lithium Cordless Multi Sander with filter box
Einhell TE-OS 18 Li solo Power X-Change 18 V Lithium Cordless Multi Sander with filter box

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable, light sander that gets in tight corners, 8 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly a note came with the product asking that it be made clear that the battery and charger do not come with the unit. With that out of the way, we can get on with the review.

We think that the Einhell sander is a really excellent piece of equipment. It is portable and ergonomic, able to get into lots of little corners and the inbuilt sand extraction function also works very well. The sander comes with a few sanding pads that attach to the base like velcro. The ones supplied are quite fine and you might want to buy some coarser pads if you have a lot to remove. Your hand fits over the top of the sander, a bit like one of those posh computer mice, and it is fairly easy to manipulate and quite light. My wife used it to sand some wood in between our kitchen and dining room floor, and was able to do it quickly and effectively. She stated at the end that she was going to throw our old sanders away as this was so good.

Just a note to explain why the unit doesn't come with the required battery pack. Einhell make a range of units that all take the sam batteries and charger. The idea is that you buy one charger unit and it serves all of them, keeping the cost of all the individual products down. I guess you just have to make sure that you are not using more than one of them at a time. Nevertheless this is warmly recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective Acid Based Descaler, not so eco., 31 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried this out last night on our automatic coffee machine. It worked quite well, you add the bottle to a litre of water, incidently the size of the reservoir in the automatic coffee machine and pass it through. I caught the output in a cup and added it to the kettle and descaled that too with a couple of boils. It worked well, leaving a shiny surface on the inside of the kettle and no smell. After rinsing there is no taint either so it scores over using vinegar, which always leaves an odour and a bit of taint on subsequent uses.

I think the product packaging is a bit misleading the solution is corrosive, but this is not marked on the packaging, and the leaflet supplied gives warnings especially if it was swallowed. I had followed the instructions on the exterior of the package and not got to the warnings until a little later. Swallowing is not a good idea, so make sure you wash your kit thoroughly.

As for cleaning the coffee machine, it does work. The volume of the cups it produces has gone up, which is great. So if you want an expensive odour free alternative to vinegar this will work for you.

Igenix IG8020 Double Hotplate 500 W - White
Igenix IG8020 Double Hotplate 500 W - White

4.0 out of 5 stars A good portable hotplate that's a little underpowered., 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a small light and convenient double hotplate. It is nicely finished and very portable. We have only used it so far for adding a couple of extra emergency burners when we have had a lot of people for dinner. Be aware it is not like gas or induction hobs that give you instant heat, nor does it have a great deal of power. Best to boil the water first in the kettle and use this to keep the vegetables simmering. It has an LED to show you that it is on, and its wide footprint and enamel finish mean that it will protect your work surface.

Our most probable use for it is when we go camping, as long as the electrical hook up can take it, it is not that highly powered so probably isn't going to trip the camp sites power feed.

In summary, a good portable hotplate, which is a little under powered. Good for camping or an emergency, but not to be relied on as the main source for cooking food.

Science in Sport REGO 500g Chocolate REGO Rapid Recovery
Science in Sport REGO 500g Chocolate REGO Rapid Recovery

4.0 out of 5 stars A combined protein shake and energy drink that tastes alright., 17 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a recovery drink aimed at feeding tired muscles and replacing a bit of energy. I have been using it after long bike rides. Normally I will take energy drink and something like soreen malt loaf onto a ride, then go for coffee and a cake when I get back. This shake combines a bit of energy with a protein shake's worth of protein (20g) in a fairly tasty chocolate drink. It will turn out to be pretty useful when you have to go out pretty much as soon as you have arrived back at the house.

Taste wise it is quite like a protein shake, but has a slightly better mouthfeel and as such is easier to get down. Normally after a long ride, and especially if I've had gel I can't bear the thought of anything sweet or sugary, but this seems to fit the bill. Does it work? Well I find protein shakes do in general, they help muscle growth and recovery, and help keep your protein level up without having to eat ludicrous amounts of meat.

There is a lot of talk about how a reay made chocolate milk shake will do the job just as well (I think Mo Farah uses that), an argument cost wise for sure. I also tend to use powders when I am on a long ride, weighed into bags and mixed with water when I find a tap. If you do a lot of bike riding or long runs then this product might help you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15