Profile for Ms. F. I. Macdonald > Reviews

Content by Ms. F. I. Macd...

Ms. F. I. Macdonald "moviebuff05" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Venus [DVD] [2007]
Venus [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Peter O'Toole
Offered by rockaway-records

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting experience, 24 Nov 2008
This review is from: Venus [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I'd wanted to see this for ages so I finally watched it last night and I must say it was an odd film. I'm glad I've watched it though because I rate Peter O'Toole highly as an actor and thought he did a good job falling under the spell of a much younger girl. There was a touching poignancy to the film which I hadn't expected and you ended up feeling awfully sorry for him.

The Good German [DVD] [2006]
The Good German [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ George Clooney
Offered by FREETIME

2.0 out of 5 stars missed the mark by far, 24 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Good German [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I was awfully disappointed by this film. I am a HUGE black and white movie fan and was looking forward to watching a film that had elements of one of my favourites - Casablanca entwined with modern day actors. How sad was I when I struggled to stay awake for the duration of the film because it was so dull. The story was very weak and the acting (with the exception of George Clooney) was not much better. One word. Avoid.

Horror Express [DVD]
Horror Express [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christopher Lee
Offered by WorldCinema

4.0 out of 5 stars tantilising terror, 24 Nov 2008
This review is from: Horror Express [DVD] (DVD)
I do confess to being a big 70s horror fan and while many people would not be scared by this type of suspense I am not one of them. This film is proof that you don't need loads of special effects or gallons of fake blood to be freaked out!!! Added to which Lee and Cushing are old pros at the horror game and so you are guaranteed for a scary experience! Watch on a saturday afternoon with the wind blowing outside.Perfect.

Garfield The Movie - Single Disc Edition [DVD] [2004]
Garfield The Movie - Single Disc Edition [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Breckin Meyer

3.0 out of 5 stars quite funny, 22 Nov 2008
it wasn't a bad attempt, but nor was it a fantastic one. It kept me amused suitably for a short time, and Bill Murray was funny as the voice of Garfield. Not a film for someone that wants to think a lot.

The Trouble With Harry [DVD]
The Trouble With Harry [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Forsythe

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely amazing!, 21 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Trouble With Harry [DVD] (DVD)
I cannot explain in proper words how brilliant and clever this film is. I have that fantastically rare warm feeling I get when I've just finished watching a 5 star film and feel that I have not wasted a second of movie time. There is so much to write about this film, but as a brief summary - its clever, its dark,its eerie, its weirdly satirical and its an awesome effort from the master of suspense who can never fail to produce a work of complete genius, Mr Hitchcock, I salute you.

The Walker [DVD] (2007)
The Walker [DVD] (2007)
Dvd ~ Woody Harrelson

2.0 out of 5 stars dull as dishwater, 21 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Walker [DVD] (2007) (DVD)
I was excited to see this film because I really like Woody Harrelson as an actor but I can safely say it was a dull and tiring experience. Harrelson portraying a rather weirdly, disjointed and homosexual 'Walker' for rich women. His characteristics did nothing but get on my nerves and the women he walked were not much better. I do love Lauren Bacall in her old Bogart/Bacall movies but to be honest I wasn't keen on her in this. However hands down to her for still being popular after so long.

Sin City [DVD] [2005]
Sin City [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd given it a miss, 19 Nov 2008
This review is from: Sin City [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I must be missing something fantastic here because this film had the total opposite effect on me that it seemed to on everone else. I hated it! I found the tone extremely dull and the story was even weaker! What are other people seeing that I don't? I'll be honest, I hadn't read any of the comics that this film was based on which is a shame because they may have discouraged me from watching the film and saved me a couple of hours! The only credible thing i picked up on was the good cast, Elijah Wood being surprisngly scary!

Summer Of Sam [DVD] [2000]
Summer Of Sam [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ John Leguizamo

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty poor, 18 Nov 2008
This review is from: Summer Of Sam [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I'd been keen to see this for some time and was disappointed with the end result after viewing. It was a weak story and all the characters appeared to be disjointed which always annoys me! Its not the actual events that make me want to rate it lowly because I'm very interested in the true case, its just the way the way the story is set out to an audience. John Leguizamo portrays a realistically sleazy love-rat, constantly cheating on his wife whenever he feels like it. I cannot come to terms with him in any serious role afte seeing him in Moulin Rouge as a dwarf which is a shame!

The Eye [DVD]
The Eye [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jessica Alba
Offered by DVDBayFBA

2.0 out of 5 stars seen it done much better before, 18 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Eye [DVD] (DVD)
I like the story, a lot. However this american version was pretty poor, I couldn't connect with Alba's character and she annoyed me!I much prefered the Japanese version which genuinely scared me. This was just so predictable, there was nothing in it which made it individual from the original version, it was just an American rip off.Don't bother with this, watch proper horror with the Japanese original and scare yourself that way.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2012 7:36 PM GMT

Beerfest: Uncut [DVD] [2006]
Beerfest: Uncut [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jay Chandrasekhar
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars not embarassed that i loved it!, 18 Nov 2008
This review is from: Beerfest: Uncut [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I was expecting nothing more than a moderately funny typical american comedy with loads of semi naked women and men trying to get laid, to be honest that was what had put me off from seeing this, but i decided to put myself through it finally! it was hilarious!!although american's opinion of how we brits talk was pretty unrealistic, it was a genuinely good attempt!i really liked it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20