Profile for Chris Glover-Price > Reviews

Hama Extension Cable, Usb A Plug - Usb A Socket, Grey, 1.8 M
Hama Extension Cable, Usb A Plug - Usb A Socket, Grey, 1.8 M
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful and Fast!, 9 Jun 2004
I purchased this cable because I didn't want to have my external HD too close to my laptop and it does the trick! Good length, bends easily and is a pleasant grey colour.
I would also like to add that this cable is USB 2.0 compatible and is capable of transferring data at up to 480MB/s via a USB 2.0 port.
All in all a pretty good buy!

Shrewsbury: A Biography
Shrewsbury: A Biography
by Jrschina Williams-Karesch

5.0 out of 5 stars 1,923 Years of Shrewsbury!, 2 Mar 2004
This book charts the history of the town from Ad67 to 1990, from Scrobbesbyrig to Shrewsbury. 1,923 years of history squeezed into 136 pages makes for a wonderful read, detailing every major event in English history to involve the town and the lesser local dilemmas that helped shape the town into modern day Shrewsbury.
A great book that taught me so much about the little town I like to call home!

Pains on Trains: The Commuter's Guide to the 50 Most Irritating Travelling Companions (Capstone Trade)
by Andrew Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't read on the train!, 17 Dec 2003
This book cracks me up but I have read it mostly while travelling on trains...never good when you look up and want to laugh at the person opposite you because of the description of them in the book!
Essential reading for anyone who wishes to liven-up their commute!

Logitech ClickSmart 420
Logitech ClickSmart 420

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel!, 17 Dec 2003
When I started looking for both a digital camera and a webcam for my laptop I expected to have to pay out a fair amount of cash for anything decent…but then I came across this little wonder! Although you may think the price is a little high for a glorified webcam, please reconsider! The quality of the picture when used as a webcam is really superb and when you take it away from the computer it offers up to 80 pictures at 1.3 megapixels!
Connectivity is also excellent, a USB connection makes it really easy to get going and the software is rather great!
It’s a pretty simple piece of kit but really does the job it’s meant to, if you want something that’s not going to break the bank but allow you to have some fun with a camera then this is the one for you.
The only flaw that I can find with it is that the flash sometimes over flashes and all you get on the picture is a whole lotta white! It’s a shame really as otherwise it’s a great product!

Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Grey) 5m
Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Grey) 5m

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for network connection!, 17 Dec 2003
Well, what to say...it's a grey cable that does its job perfectly! The quality is exactly what I expected when I decided to buy a Belkin product, top notch! Bends every way you want it to without any problems and the connectors go in with a very satisfactory click!
All in all, a great 5e cable!

Linksys Compact USB 4-Port Hub
Linksys Compact USB 4-Port Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars It does exactly what it says on the tin!, 17 Dec 2003
As many other reviewers have said, this really does what it is supposed to! I’ve got my printer, digital camera and an external hard drive running off it and there have been absolutely no problems! So, if you are short of USB ports, this is the way to more!

Finance and Accounting for Non-specialist Students
Finance and Accounting for Non-specialist Students
by Alan Pizzey

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 10 Feb 2003
I'm by no means an accountant or even interested in that field of expertise, but this book was very useful with my Introduction to Management Finance course at Uni! It contains information on a wide range of topics and has a good selection of questions relating to the material.
This book should teach you pretty much everything you need to know for a good understanding of basic accounting.