Profile for Lucy Lowe > Reviews

Content by Lucy Lowe

Lucy Lowe

Ergo Baby Original Baby Carrier (Black/Camel)
Ergo Baby Original Baby Carrier (Black/Camel)

5.0 out of 5 stars very comfy, even with a big baby!, 17 Oct 2013
My son is both very long and very heavy (10 pounds 10 ounces at birth!), and I bought this carrier after a friend recommended it as comfortable even with bigger/older babies. I wish I had known about it earlier! I have tried the wallaboo sling (he seemed to be too long and never really comfy) and the baby bjorn (which was fine up to about 4 months, but after that I got sore shoulders after carrying him for a while), and the ergo baby is by far my favourite. My son, who is now 8 months, seems very content and I have walked long distances with him and had no problems at all.

My friend had a caesarean section and she said this carrier was great because the waist band gave her excellent support. I also had a c-section and know from my own experience that carrying my baby, with or without a carrier, was challenging and tiring in those first weeks. Even pushing the pram was difficult due to the muscles you need to push it up hills and onto curbs. I wish I had known about the ergo baby then! I think it would have made getting out and about much easier.

From a style perspective, I think this carrier looks really good and I think it suits women and men equally (whereas many other brands seem to be designed more for one or the other). I also love that I can wear my baby on my back and hip, as well as on my chest.

Gnappies Little Gpant Goddess Pink, Medium Reuseable Nappies
Gnappies Little Gpant Goddess Pink, Medium Reuseable Nappies

5.0 out of 5 stars super cute and leaks are rare, 17 Oct 2013
These bright, colourful reusable nappies are by far my favourites out of the different styles and brands I've tried. They fit as snugly as disposables and (with apart from a couple of leaking accidents) they keep all the mess inside the liner, meaning that you only have to change the cloth insert, which takes no time at all. You can use either disposable or cloth inserts, but I have only tried the cloth ones so far. I have found that they do need to be changed every 2-3 hours, which is more often than disposables, but quite normal for reusable nappies. The gpants and the inserts feel lovely and soft and my son seems very happy with them.

gNappies Gcloth Inserts 6-pack - Medium - Extra Large
gNappies Gcloth Inserts 6-pack - Medium - Extra Large

5.0 out of 5 stars easiest reusable nappies, 17 Oct 2013
I've tried a few different types of reusable nappies but I've found them to be too bulky, too leaky, or both! I like the simplicity of disposables but I hate imagining the enormous waste pile I've produced in the months since my son was born. The gnappies are very cute and as simple and non-bulky as disposables. The cloth inserts are small and light enough that they don't take up too much space in my bag when we're out for the day, even when they're wet. They definitely have to be changed more frequently than disposables (for my large 8 month old I'm changing him every 2-3 hours) but that is the case for all reusable nappies, and I think they are definitely worth it.

I also like that the inserts fit medium, large and extra large gnappies, so that I can continue to reuse them as my son grows.