Profile for sussexlass > Reviews

Content by sussexlass

sussexlass "scoobiedoo" (WEST SUSSEX)

Doctor Who 3 3/4-inch Spin and Fly Tardis
Doctor Who 3 3/4-inch Spin and Fly Tardis
Price: 12.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 27 Dec 2013
It was not until the package was opened did I see in the small print on the box that this Tardis does not fly and will only spin when manually operated. I do not recall reading this when I chose and ordered from Amazon. Very poor value for money. Again a poor description as it does not do what it says and that is to "Spin & Fly".

Food Mixer Dust Cover White - Suitable for all All Kenwood Chef and Andrew James Food Mixers
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars DOES IT'S JOB, 2 Nov 2013
Good quality cover, although it is a little large for my Andrew James food mixer. It will certainly protect my food mixer.

Andrew James 1500 Watts Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Black, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Splash Guard, 5.2 Litre Bowl, Spatula And 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 199.95

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD VALUE, 2 Nov 2013
I have only used this food mixer on one occasion. The recipe I used was taken from the book supplied with the machine (page 54) The recipe recommends using speed 1 for 10-20 seconds but I found that this was not sufficient time so had to repeat the step several times before my mix resembled breadcrumbs. I also had to use the spatula several times between mixes in order to get the loose flour away from the side of the bowl. As soon as liquid was added the machine did a very good job and I was pleased with the final outcome. The mixer is noisier than I had expected but stands solid on my worktop. I am still struggling to remove the splash guard and I am concerned that it could break if I use too much pressure. However it was not necessary to remove this when I cleaned up after the mixing and will have to try again to remove it. The blades are very easy to fit and remove. It is a very smart machine and represents good value for money. I look forward to making more cakes and will also try my hand at bread making.

Canon PIXMA iP4700 Colour Printer
Canon PIXMA iP4700 Colour Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Jan 2010
I am extremely pleased with my purchase of this printer. Amazon delivered this to me within 3 days of purchase, printer was straightforward to instal and was up & running within an hour. I have printed several photographs (A4 size) for my club competitions and the results are outstanding. My previous printer was a Canon I965 approx. 7 years old, this had always given me good results but unfortunately the printhead was worn out & to have this repaired would have been about 70 - 80. After some thought I decided the money would be better spent on a new Canon Pixma 4700. The general features I particularly like are: Casette for plain paper which is easy to load, ink refills easy to change, high resolution for photo printing & excellent colour results. All in all money well spent.

Panasonic TX-P37X10B 37-inch Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with Freeview
Panasonic TX-P37X10B 37-inch Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PLASMA TELEVISION, 18 Nov 2009
I am extremely pleased with my choice of Plasma Screen TV. This was delivered within 3 days of placing the order.
I had done many searches for a new television, but reading all the reviews about this model helped me enormously to make a decision. I am not disappointed. The picture is perfect, no adjustments needed, & I have no problem with the sound settings. The television was unpacked & mounted on the stand within 15 minutes & once plugged in the automatic programming was done very quickly. As for the dust showing up on the black surround,which many people have commented on, I have found no problem.