Profile for Jan Jan > Reviews

Content by Jan Jan

Jan Jan (Central Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Trace Your Genes to Health: Use Your Family Tree to Guide Your Diet, Enhance Your Immune System and Overcome Chronic Disease
by Chris Reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Empower yourself and become your own health detective, 11 July 2016
Dr.Chris Reading was my father's cousin but I unfortunately never had the opportunity to meet him because he lived in Australia. I sourced his book out of curiosity in order to find out something about his work and am so glad that I did. Written in the '80's, the information in Trace Your Genes to Health etc is way ahead of its time and far more comprehensive than anything else that I have found on food intolerances (wheat in particular) and the devastating effect that they can have on health, if there is a genetic defect in the family line. Chris Reading enables you to become a super sleuth for your own (and others') health issues by drawing up your family tree which enables you to pinpoint flaws in the family genes.

Bio: Dr. Chris Reading graduated in medicine from Sydney University in 1968 and qualified in psychiatry in 1973. He specialized in organic psychiatry, subsequently becoming interested in research into vitamin and mineral deficiencies, metabolic disorders, food allergies and clinical immunology/ ecology, and genetics as it applies to neuropsychiatric disorders. Dr. Reading practiced in Sydney, Australia, treating private patients and writing medical articles within his areas of expertise, and retired in September 2004. He passed away in Sydney on 25 September 2011.

Lurch Spiralo Vegetable Spiralizer Green/Cream
Lurch Spiralo Vegetable Spiralizer Green/Cream
Offered by Design 55 online

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this gadget...., 11 July 2016
The Lurch Spiralo Vegetable Spiralizer is strong, easy to clean and works as you would hope. For us it is really coming into its own for processing the mounds of courgettes that we are growing this summer on our farm in Portugal. I have found it best not to dismantle it after each use which saves time as it is in use so often. I also tend to place it onto a chopping board to avoid the suckers grabbing which saves even more time. In that way I don't have to keep "de-suckering" it in order to manoeuvre it; the spiralizing process keeps it in position without the suckers.

Hi-Tec Silver Shadow Ii, Unisex Adults Fitness Shoes, Grey (Silver/Grey 051), 7 UK (40 EU)
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value trainers., 4 Nov. 2015
Bought for my husband. These are his comments:

Comfortable trainers, the best shock absorbing shoes I own. I've been buying these for over 30 years and I still love them. They even last at least 10 washes in the machine.

My comments: They are attractive and stylish and never look out of date.

TMG Mens Heavy Duty Work Bib and Brace Overalls Khaki (EU54)
TMG Mens Heavy Duty Work Bib and Brace Overalls Khaki (EU54)
Offered by tmgworkwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong, comfortable workwear., 4 Nov. 2015
Bought for my husband. These are his comments:

These are well made from strong fabric and are durable. However, I found the legs too long and it is not obvious to me how to order the short leg length (which the manufacturer does make) from Amazon. I too found the braces slip off the shoulders and now cross them at the back.

Sports Bra Bras Cotton Gym Stretch Support White Size 34 36 38 40 42 Cup A B C D DD
Offered by Value Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all my boxes, 8 Jun. 2015
I live in Portugal where our summer temperatures are commonly in the high 30's. I am 34DD (according to my own measuring from Amazon sizing and I think I've got it right!) and cannot tolerate underwires, synthetic fibres or padding. I have spent hours trawling the internet for a bra that will accommodate my 34DD size, made of cotton, no underwires and little or no padding. I finally decided to try the Sports Bra Cotton Gym Stretch Support to see if it would work as an ordinary bra and I am absolutely delighted to discover that it does. I think that the picture does it justice and that is what helped to sell it to me. It looks just like the picture. I would not call it a sports bra as it is quite flexible with good breast separation (unlike most of the sports bras I have looked at) and I think that the manufacturers are wise to limit their design to DD for the largest cup because of the support issue. (I personally wouldn't dare to play tennis with my 34DD size in this bra!) The cups are generous but not overly so which means that I do not experience the awful "4 boobs" syndrome. The supporting band is comfortable, lies flat and doesn't cut into me or give me back flab. For a non-underwired bra it gives me a very good shape under my tight fitting clothes and I feel very confident when wearing it because my breasts are exactly where they should be. One last thing, it is very important to measure yourself carefully. I have had bras that are D cup and E cup and they just are not right for a DD woman. I am delighted about the DD size in this bra. BTW, it isn't padded, just a nice soft material. I have hand washed my bra once with good results and I think that I will probably always wash it by hand to help extend its life. I have just ordered 2 more from the same seller.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bigood Women PU Leather Hollow Flower Waist Wide Belt Waistband 96cm Pink
Bigood Women PU Leather Hollow Flower Waist Wide Belt Waistband 96cm Pink
Offered by Good Luck to you

1.0 out of 5 stars I sent a photo to the supplier (very nice company) explaining the problem and asked for a refund ..., 22 Aug. 2014
This was a disappointing purchase! The belt is identical to the photo but there is a basic design error in the belt's construction. The supporting stitches securing the thin belt to the background are sewn through causing perforation. After trying on the belt a couple of times (which inititally looked lovely), the thin part of the belt split off from its backing along the perforation. It is impossible to repair it and pointless getting a replacement as the same thing will happen every time. I sent a photo to the supplier (very nice company) explaining the problem and asked for a refund which was quickly given. I re-sent the photos suggesting that the supplier contact the manufacturer illustrating their design problem.

T&G Rolling Pin With Revolving Centre in FSC® Certified Beech
T&G Rolling Pin With Revolving Centre in FSC® Certified Beech

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 15 Mar. 2014
Very nice rolling pin; lovely solid wood with a nice feel. It takes the strain off my hands that I get when using a conventional rolling pin.

Spiratronics Architrave Rocker Switch 6A
Spiratronics Architrave Rocker Switch 6A
Offered by Spiratronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Filled a need, 15 Mar. 2014
We live in Portugal and haven't seen these here. It is installed and works a treat. I appreciate the fact that you deliver overseas and that your postage price is fair.

Kingfisher 100 ml Fluoride Free Fennel Toothpaste - 3-Pack
Kingfisher 100 ml Fluoride Free Fennel Toothpaste - 3-Pack
Offered by Glamour Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful especially if you don't want mint., 15 Mar. 2014
This is my second order and I wouldn't use anything else. Apart from the lovely taste, it is flouride free and I am able to receive free delivery right to my farm door in Portugal.

Health Store Organic Brazil Nuts 500 g (Pack of 2)
Health Store Organic Brazil Nuts 500 g (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely brazil nuts., 15 Mar. 2014
These are probably the best brazil nuts that I have ever tasted. Absolutely fresh and delicious and excellent value for money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3