Profile for Mick OKelly > Reviews

Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing
Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing
Price: 97.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Connection not a problem, 9 May 2014
I just received this yesterday, and have so far set up wireless connections to:
Windows 8.1 laptop,
Windows 8.1 desktop
Windows 7 laptop
Windows 7 netbook
Windows XP desktop

I started with the 8.1 laptop, using the supplied installation CD - don't know whether it used my wireless router or went direct, but this seemed to establish the printer as a visible wireless device on my network.
The 8.1 desktop just found it and installed it without much input from me.
The 7.1 netbook was similar but decided to download and install additional drivers.
The 7.1 laptop needed to get the drivers too - in this case I had to use the CD
The XP desktop needed installation from the CD... it complained about the software not being certified by MS... but still worked.

This all took me about 2 hours in total.

Pulse
Pulse
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 12.77

5.0 out of 5 stars floyd fan, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Pulse (Audio CD)
yes I'm a fan, and I love this album.
It is a live album, so there is a bit of crown ambiance going on, but nothing excessive or intrusive in my opinion, and I think that it's a good mix of the different floyd eras.

Microlabs FC330 Model 2.1 System Speaker
Microlabs FC330 Model 2.1 System Speaker
Price: 41.69

5.0 out of 5 stars nice sound, 9 May 2014
I was looking for a reasonably-priced and reasonable sounding audio facility facility for my computer - mainly to play music.

I am very pleased with this product - nice rich sound and good volume.
I don;t want it to make the floor bounce, but I do like to be able to hear the bass-lines, and this does it just fine.

Others have commented on the controls...
yes the power switch and bass level control are on the sub-woofer unit, which is generally out of the way.
I don't generally want to change the bass level once I have found a setting I like, and I have it plugged into a mains adaptor which has its own switch, so these are not problems for me.

The speaker cables are attached at the speaker end, standard single phono plug at the other. The cables are a reasonable length, but it's easy to get a phono extension cable (2 on ebay).

I would buy it again, and would recommend it.

Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter
Offered by HometownTV UK
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked out of the box, 25 Jan 2014
My laptop's wi-fi was playing up (probably a software/driver issue) but fitted this and within a few minutes the problem was gone... what more can you ask!

Fender Strap Blocks Strap Locks 4 in a pack
Fender Strap Blocks Strap Locks 4 in a pack
Offered by Cadno Music (Cymru) Limited
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 25 Jan 2014
These are a very cost-effective solution... Basically a super-sized washer which you "slip" over the strap button above the strap. Depending on the size of the strap button and thickness of the strap, it may need a little brute force to fit - but I managed to fit these to all my guitars and, they give great confidence that the strap won't self-eject mid song!
There were four in the pack (2 red, 2 black).

Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor
Masterplug ARCDKG Safety RCD Adaptor
Price: 7.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, 21 Oct 2013
I've only used this once so far but it worked well. It doesn't feel to be of industrial strength, but it's not flimsy either and should be OK if treated with a little care

PK Green UK 13A Mains Socket Safety Tester, Plug
PK Green UK 13A Mains Socket Safety Tester, Plug
Offered by Cable Guy Direct
Price: 3.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased so far, 21 Oct 2013
I've only used this once so far but it did what it was supposed to do... easy to use, quite compact. It doesn't feel industrial strength but should be OK if handled with a little respect.

45 mm Internal Diameter Foam Microphone Windshield(Pack of 5)
45 mm Internal Diameter Foam Microphone Windshield(Pack of 5)
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Do the job, 21 Oct 2013
these windshields fit my microphones well - and they provide a bit of protection from weather and occasional heavy handling

B22 to GU10 Lamp Light Bulb Base Socket Converter Adaptor (singular item)
B22 to GU10 Lamp Light Bulb Base Socket Converter Adaptor (singular item)
Offered by SWEETY LIFE
Price: 1.73

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 21 Oct 2013
This converter does what it's supposed to do, and works effectively. It's not unduly large, but for smaller light fittings the combined length of converter plus LED bulb may protrude further than the original bulb.

MEElectronics M9 Hi-Fi Sound Isolating Headphones Colour BLACK
MEElectronics M9 Hi-Fi Sound Isolating Headphones Colour BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars work well, 21 Oct 2013
These are comfortable and work well for me. Quality is good for the price point and the sound is fine

Page: 1 | 2 | 3