Profile for FiveCard > Reviews

Shorebirds: An Identification Guide to the Waders of the World
Shorebirds: An Identification Guide to the Waders of the World
by Peter Hayman

4.0 out of 5 stars gjiyg, 17 Dec. 2013
I disliked the fact that the rear cover was in a far worse condition than stated.

have a nice day

Delius: The Four Violin Sonatas
Delius: The Four Violin Sonatas

3.0 out of 5 stars Ambivalent, 4 April 2013
I had huge expectations for this album, but in truth it fell far short of what I had hoped for and initially I gave it just a single star...

Now I have heard it several times in the last three days, and I will continue to listen for a day or two more, but it is starting to grow on me. Here's hoping...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2013 10:30 PM BST

Delius Box: 150th Anniversary
Delius Box: 150th Anniversary

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 4 April 2013
As a novice to the world of Fritz Delius, I bought this box set on the advice of another, and am perfectly happy I did so.

I cannot compare the works here to works featuring other artists, but I really do not need to: This is the one I have and I would buy it again - in a heartbeat.

He imbues many of his works with delicacy and suggestion, and to my inexperienced ear, he always seems to avoid clubbing his audience, preferring to entice them to share each journey and become part thereof.

He has certainly been accused of meandering, and most Delians would rear up in outrage in his defence, but I find that indirect route to be an absolute part of his charm. He seems so often to be searching for something...something pure, perhaps? Who knows?

Rare Record Price Guide 2014
Rare Record Price Guide 2014
by Ian Shirley

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 4 April 2013
This tome does exactly what it's supposed to: It values all albums pressed in the UK and includes 100+ entries.
No serious collector should pass this tool up.

Don't tell the publisher, but I would pay far more than the asking price! The first deal you make might pay for the book and still leave you with change...

Goldmine Record Album Price Guide
Goldmine Record Album Price Guide
by Martin Popoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 4 April 2013
I have a medium-sized collection (4000 units) and this will certainly help me:
A/ Value my collection, and
B/ Determine the value of future purchases.

This is only for USA pressings, but I use this in conjunction with 'Rare Record Price Guide' to cover the British pressings, and that is more than enough for my needs.