Profile for Field Runner > Reviews

Content by Field Runner

Field Runner

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
FloristryWarehouse artificial Christmas Robins feather birds. Box of 12 wired feet 10cm craft
Offered by FloristryWarehouse

2.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant but okay for price, 4 Jan. 2015
Some of the other reviews are right about these - mine are very faded and more pale pink/buff/light brown than the usual vibrant robin colours! One or two are also a bit thin on breast feathers. I used mine to fill up a tall Christmas tree and they're okay for that. Wee bit disappointing but then they are inexpensive and you do generally get what you pay for.

Amanti Venezia Murano Gold Plated Dusky Pink Pendant with Gold Conterie Beads of 44cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Suits me, 7 Nov. 2014
I loved the drop earrings made of this stuff and this pendant matches them perfectly. Like everything jewellery wise it's personal taste. Brilliant value.

Hartleys Glass Double Shelf TV Stand For Screens Up To 42" - Black
Hartleys Glass Double Shelf TV Stand For Screens Up To 42" - Black
Offered by SDE Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for me, 5 Nov. 2014
My biggest consideration was size as I needed a "low rise" stand of no more than 45cm high, and this is great at 40.5cm. In fact it was the only one in black that I could find that met this requirement. It is also not too deep from front to back (38cm). I wanted as little impact as possible in the room furniture wise, and this black stand matches my 42" flat screen nicely. One small point to note is that the stand is 90cm at its widest. My LG 42" TV measures 102cms across the screen between its outer edges. This is okay for me because lack of space is an issue, but some people may want a wider stand that either matches, or is wider than, their TV. I was aware of the measurements before ordering and trusted that the "Screens up to 42" " in the blurb meant the stand was capable of supporting a TV of that size. No problems on that score so far. The stand was pretty easy to put together. Overall good value for money if you don't want to spend a fortune.

Bright Spark Toaster
Bright Spark Toaster

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to toast and beans!, 2 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Bright Spark Toaster (Automotive)
Have yet to use this outside on our picnics but we did try it over our portable stove (like the one in the picture) indoors and it worked rather well. It toasted the bread pretty evenly with a pattern of dots where the heat had permeated through the holes in the top plate of the toaster. (There are two plates, one that rests over the burner and another permanently fixed to it a couple of centimetres above that you put the bread on - it's a bit like a metal sandwich with no filling.) Very easy to use.

TRIXES Rubber Nail Art Holder Polish Display Varnish Bottle Stand Glue Tilter
TRIXES Rubber Nail Art Holder Polish Display Varnish Bottle Stand Glue Tilter
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 2 Sept. 2014
I did wonder when this arrived whether it would take varnish bottles that weren't round - most of mine are square or rectangular - and the holder is obviously designed for round ones. However, being rubber it is a bit flexible and I've had no problems fitting any of mine in. Keeps them nice and stable.

The Secret Keeper
The Secret Keeper
by Kate Morton

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad someone recommended this!!!, 2 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Secret Keeper (Hardcover)
I wish I had the time to sit and read this right through! (Currently two thirds way through.) I love the way the writer tracks back and forth between 1941, 1961 and 2011. It really works well. I won't spoil the story by saying what happens but if you like to lose yourself in a family saga with some intrigue and mystery thrown in this won't disappoint. It's detailed enough so you know the characters and the particular time the narrative is set in, but not so bogged down that you get bored. There aren't scores of characters popping up to confuse things: you get to know the main ones well (or so you think!) And there's always something to ponder so you want to pick it up again. I can quite see why it won an award as a debut novel. Not masses of descriptive prose but plenty about the main characters' thoughts and feelings.

Heavy Duty 100% Cotton Checked Dishcloths Catering Cloths Multi-Pack (Pack of 12)
Offered by Classic Home Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardworking practical gear at a good price, 1 Sept. 2014
Package arrived very quickly and contained exactly what I wanted. I like these hardwearing cotton dishcloths but couldn't find them in the shops where I live, so treated myself to a job lot of 12 as soon as I found them on Amazon. Although the label says 40degrees for washing I put mine to soak in boiling water once a week to deal with any germs, and occasionally put them through a 60degrees wash in the machine with other cleaning cloths. I've never found this a problem. They do gradually lose colour over time but mine last practically a year and get a lot of hard use. I use different colours for different jobs, from floors to stoves to general wiping and washing up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2015 9:42 AM GMT

Womens' Bamboo & Organic Cotton Short Sleeve T shirt : M, Black
Womens' Bamboo & Organic Cotton Short Sleeve T shirt : M, Black
Offered by Da Londra

3.0 out of 5 stars Crumbs it's thin!, 1 Sept. 2014
I bought this for Yoga but it's really thin and a very snug fit so I won't be venturing onto my mat in front of anyone wearing it! It might be okay for a younger, slimmer lady than me though. I'm keeping it to wear as a base layer under other tops when it's cold - it should be ideal for this.

Pringle Cushioned Trainer Liner Sport Socks - 7-11 Mens - Black
Pringle Cushioned Trainer Liner Sport Socks - 7-11 Mens - Black
Offered by Spences Menswear & Footwear

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit tickly for my husband, 1 Sept. 2014
Got these for my husband who's a Pringle sock fan. Unfortunately he said the insides were a bit prickly for his feet so my builder son has got them instead. His feet are obviously younger and he doesn't notice the prickly-ness! Still good value if you like the Pringle brand though.

3 in 1 Cosmetic Mascara Eyelash guide Comb Applicator Tool
3 in 1 Cosmetic Mascara Eyelash guide Comb Applicator Tool
Offered by ukBuyHere

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe worth a try if you are a cosmetics nut, 1 Sept. 2014
This was extremely cheap so I thought I'd give it a go. For me I can get better results using my usual eyelash curler and mascara wand. This may be because I have rather sparse eye lashes. Anyway I found this tool really fiddly and quite easy to poke myself in the eye with. But if you have good eyesight and a steady hand try it by all means. The design isn't a bad idea perhaps I'm just past it!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17