Profile for Jarez > Reviews

Jarez

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !, 12 May 2013
I received these dumbbells within 2 days of purchasing them, they where packaged very well and there was no marks or damage to the product.

The price for these dumbbells are amazing considering what you get and the build quality is top notch!
However some people said the bar grip is far too rough and it is! This is easily solved by sanding the bar with metal sandpaper, it does not make the bar smooth it just gets rid of the rough edge. After doing so the dumbbells are far more comfortable for use and still has bags of grip. Things I like about the product:

- The carry case, very convenient perfect to store under your bed or in small places etc
- The quality of the entire product, it feels sturdy and long lasting, only fault was the bar roughness but that can be solved!
- The weights do not slip off the bar, once the spinlock is tightened those weights are not going to move
- The chart that is provided is very useful when it comes to designing a workout routine, also details on how you should train and safety precautions are detailed on the chart.
- The weights are smaller in size when compared to the sandfilled weights that I previously used, I am now able to do leg exercises, without the dumbells banging against my leg on each rep.

These are my first set of proper adjustable Iron dumbbells, I've only had them for a few days but I get the feeling that these are going to serve me well and that I will have no problems with them. If your looking to start weight training as soon as you get the dumbbells may I suggest you do a variety of press ups and exercises prior to weight training, just so you can prepare your body for the exercising as it will not be used to it. If you don't it will just mean your arms and entire body will ache like hell the next day.

Overall these dumbbells are perfect and have no problems that cannot be resolved, I would highly recommend them to anyone, 5 Star !