Profile for EssexGurl > Reviews

Content by EssexGurl

EssexGurl "Knors666" (Halstead, Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Textiles Direct Easy Care Polycotton Zest Green Double Fitted Sheet
Textiles Direct Easy Care Polycotton Zest Green Double Fitted Sheet

4.0 out of 5 stars Matching Sheet, 28 Feb 2013
for the base valance I purchased at the same time. Good colour but maybe it could be a bit more lime but washes well and looks good on the bed.

100% Cotton Woven Throw, Extra Large 3 Seater Sofa/Chair/ Double Bed 90" x 100" Diamond Design - Wine By Elite Home Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Colour, 28 Feb 2013
Purchased to keep muddy cat paw prints off my nice fabric sofa. I have 3 cats so need the back, arms and seats covered and this throw fits the bill. It washes well and I love the colour.

EliteHomeCollection 228 x 254 cm Cotton Batten 3-Seater Sofa/ Chair or Double Bed Throw, Ivory
Offered by SelectiveGoods

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 28 Feb 2013
I have 3 cats so like to keep my nice fabric sofa covered so any muddy paws prints don't get on it. This throw is ideal, is attractive, washes well and both myself and my cats find it comfortable to slouch about on.

JUDGE VISTA DRAINING 16CM GLASS SAUCEPAN LID ref J3L3
JUDGE VISTA DRAINING 16CM GLASS SAUCEPAN LID ref J3L3
Offered by Cutting Edge Cookware

4.0 out of 5 stars I Broke a Lid, 28 Feb 2013
and needed a replacement. This was perfect both in fit and in a style that matched my others. Nuff said.

Textiles Direct Easy Care Polycotton Zest Green Double Platform (Base) Valance
Textiles Direct Easy Care Polycotton Zest Green Double Platform (Base) Valance
Offered by Textiles Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 28 Feb 2013
Fed up with white and cream base valances so decided to brighten bed and bedroom up with cololurs. I like this green base valance, it fits well and looks good. Perhaps it could be a bit of a brighter green but it's fine for purpose and I'm glad I got it.

eKitch Large White Universal Knife Block - great for steel and ceramic knives
eKitch Large White Universal Knife Block - great for steel and ceramic knives
Offered by Home & Travel

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish & Useful, 28 Feb 2013
Heading says it all really. I had/have a lot of odd knives in a drawer so bought this in order to keep them tidy. Wooden stand, bamboo I believe and the nylon brushes inside take all my knives and scissors and come out for easy washing. Good item and I am pleased I got it.

STUNNING BEIGE CHATEAU VINTAGE WINE FRENCH LINEN COTTON 18" CUSHION COVER
STUNNING BEIGE CHATEAU VINTAGE WINE FRENCH LINEN COTTON 18" CUSHION COVER

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, 30 Jan 2013
Excellent heavy duty cotton cover. Will stand up to the constant washing that my 3 cats might cause them.... muddy paw prints etc making additional patterns on them. I really like them.

London Red Bus Cushion Cover 17" x 17" Photograph
London Red Bus Cushion Cover 17" x 17" Photograph
Offered by CCC Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny smell..., 30 Jan 2013
I bought several of these cushion covers to send to my sister who lives in sunny California to remind her of home. Firstly the process that is used to impress the material with the photograph makes the covers smell like rotten fish so I had to wash them before I could even think of wrapping them for the post. They are made of some sort of silky polyester so the I had to hand wash them as I didn't think they would stand up to the washing machine but even with that unfortunately I had to re-sew the inside seams as they had started to fray and then overstitch the edges. It's a very good job I have a City & Guilds in Dressmaking and an old but excellent Frister & Rossman sewing machine. Luckily my sister didn't realise the trouble I'd had to go through before I posted them off to her and she really likes them.

If I had been buying them for myself I think I might have returned them but after my remedial efforts they turned out ok but I wouldn't give them a strong recommendation. They are, as my heading states, ok.

STUNNING BEIGE BORDEAUX VINTAGE WINE FRENCH LINEN COTTON 18" CUSHION COVER
STUNNING BEIGE BORDEAUX VINTAGE WINE FRENCH LINEN COTTON 18" CUSHION COVER

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous & Comfy, 30 Jan 2013
I think the above says it all. I love the cover and the actual cushion is wonderful for my back.

Poachies Egg poaching Bags - 20 Bags
Poachies Egg poaching Bags - 20 Bags
Offered by USAVEUK FREE UK DELIVERY FAST DISPATCH

4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky getting out of hot water..., 30 Jan 2013
I've always had great difficulty poaching eggs. I've tried an egg poaching pan and the little moulded plastic cups you put the eggs into unfortunately melted in the boiling water thus rending the eggs inedible but you get what you pay for and this was a cheap pan. I've tried the special sillicon poaching pods from Lakeland but after waiting over 10 minutes for the whites of the eggs to actually turn white I tried the old-fashioned way my mother did them.... swirling the boiling water and putting the egg into the "whirlpool" only to watch the egg totally disintigrate, so I thought nothing ventured nothing gained and bought these handy looking Poachies Egg poaching bags.... SUCCESS!! The back of the packet does say that if you use cold eggs the whites might run slightly and the eggs I used were straight from the fridge and did run a little but nothing compared with previous efforts.

Only had trouble actually fishing the bags out of the boiling water. As advised on the outer package I used tongs but you still have to actually open the pouches and I got slightly burned fingers but I'm sure it will improve with time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2013 11:50 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10