Profile for J. Rawnsley > Reviews

Content by J. Rawnsley

J. Rawnsley

Anker® Ultra Slim Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case Multi Angle Stand - Synthetic leather with smart cover - Automatic Sleep / Wake function for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-Inch T3100 T3110 Tablet
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 20 Feb 2014
Lovely case, solid and simple. Have used it to stand up and watch media rested on my chest in bed. Or stood up on the toilet lid to watch stuff whilst having a bath. :)

BANKSY Print Coasters Pack of 10 - NEW Art Coasters Furniture, Dinnerware Sets 11cm x 11cm
Offered by Art Okay

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our new home, 12 Dec 2013
Trying to make our new house look a bit different and these fit the theme nicely. Always appreciated his works.

Catherine Lansfield City Scape King Size Quiltset, Multi
Catherine Lansfield City Scape King Size Quiltset, Multi
Offered by Dawson's Department Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks very snazzy, 12 Dec 2013
Just put this bad boy on our super king and it looks stunning in the bedroom. Shame it doesn't come with a bottom sheet is all.

Qwerty M-Track 2.4GHz Mini HTPC Wireless Keyboard with Trackball
Qwerty M-Track 2.4GHz Mini HTPC Wireless Keyboard with Trackball

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a home server setup, 12 Dec 2013
Had it a while now. It isn't perfect - if you're a touch typist you'll have to slow down to let the key presses register. If you use it patiently then it works exactly as intended. The mouseball also works just fine.

It isn't the most comfortable device but it beats using a trackpad or full keyboard by far.

20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs
20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs
Offered by JJDIRECTSUPPLIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how I lived without them, 12 Dec 2013
I've had interrupted sleep ever since moving in with my SO. She snores. And our dogs scratch and lick. I wake up at the slightest sound so it wouldn't be unusual for me to wake up 8 times in a night - sometimes taking an hour to get back to sleep.

I don't blame them, I think it's my problem that I'm such a light sleeper.

I don't know why it took me this long to think about earplugs but .. wow! My ears are quite small.. the sensation of the buds swelling to fit my ears was unusual but not uncomfortable. I'd say a good 80% of sound is blocked out. Even my alarm won't wake me up.. thankfully my OH can just poke me when it goes off.

I am now getting fully uninterrupted sleep and at such a small price too.

Recommended for all light sleepers, but you might have to use a phone on vibrate somewhere touching you as your alarm!

Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop abusing your ability to review. This is not a popularity poll for a publisher. BF3 ROCKS., 29 Oct 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Oh here we go again, voting down a game because we don't like DRM or don't like some T&C's or don't like the colour of the box or today is Monday and I'm in a bad mood.

How about reviewing a game, based on the game itself? You are doing the developers a disservice, how the game gets published is nothing to do with them.

Yes I'm not a fan of Origin but I've been using it for a while now for other games and honestly if EA want to push their online steam competitor then I can't say I blame them, this is actually a good tactic. Newsflash, if you want to play Team Fortress 2 you need STEAM. There's no other way. How is this any different?

Onto the game itself. It's brilliant. Runs completely stable on my well built, virus free machine. It's an intel i7 with a Geforce 580 GTX. NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. Graphically astounding. Single player so far has been reallly good fun, on hard of course. I honestly got my first ever "buzz" from playing this than I have for some years; I'm talking in particular about a graphically spectacular level involving aircraft carriers and you being a copilot in a jet. My jaw hit the floor on that level and I am HARD to impress.

Multiplayer so far is frantic but fun, especially loving the shotgun. Air combat is beautiful. The battlefield really does feel more alive than ever.

This game sets a new benchmark in graphics and sound, and is just straight up good fun. Seems people would rather moan than just play it.
Comment Comments (21) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2011 5:32 PM GMT