Profile for K. Hyde > Reviews

Summit RV-16 Convex Spot Mirror, Small
Summit RV-16 Convex Spot Mirror, Small
Offered by Logic-Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 24 Mar. 2015
My driving instructor recommended these and I have used them constantly, really helpful when parking in a bay to judge central alignment. Still stuck on firmly after more than a year!

ivencase Cartoon Lovely Leather Flip Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 Red + One Phone Sticker + One "ivencase" Anti-dust Plug Stopper

3.0 out of 5 stars cute but short -lived, 24 Mar. 2015
Lovely cute pattern to the case but it discoloured quickly with use, then the inner case holding the phone cracked and fell apart, so its now in the bin unfortunately

Acctim 14193 Eclipse Solar Dual Power Alarm Clock, Black
Acctim 14193 Eclipse Solar Dual Power Alarm Clock, Black
Offered by Goods Wholesale Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars super little gadget, 24 Mar. 2015
I bought this click in 2013 and the battery is still going, its only just started to lose the brightness of the light and the loudness of the beep. Its just what I wanted as I have a phobia of over -sleeping and am constantly checking the time in the night...now I just lift my head up, no fumbling in the dark for switches. I have it on the first setting of the night -lit screen, which is more than adequate. Its really small and compact so doesn't take up much room and it light enough to pack when travelling. A great investment, really glad I bought it!

Food Combining for Health - Cookbook
Food Combining for Health - Cookbook
by Jean Joice

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential recipe book, 3 Jan. 2011
I LOVE this book, it's so simply and cleanly laid out! There aren't any photos but that does not detract from the book. The recipes are clean and simple, healthy and uncomplicated. I do not food combine, I just like this style of food and as a vegetarian it suits me for fast and healthy meals. I have a friend who used this book to food combine and it did what it says on the cover, the plan is clear to follow and he did lose weight, health-wise though as a diet/life-style plan it perhaps is lacking in fat and calories for the average man to maintain a healthy weight.

Eat Smart Eat Raw: Detox Recipes for a High-Energy Diet
Eat Smart Eat Raw: Detox Recipes for a High-Energy Diet
by Kate Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Still unsure!, 3 Jan. 2011
This was my first raw food 'uncook' book, I have tried a few
Of the recipes but so many needed a dehydrator, were faffy to prepare, or just not
Suited to my palate that it was rather a waste of money for me personally. I wouldn't
Recommend this for first time raw foodists, food combining/hay diet books
Have just as many raw/salad recipes with not so much need for equipment or unusual
Ingredients. Some of the recipes are very nice though, such as the mushroom and
Avocado pesto.

Marco Pierre Mini Food Processor Flame Red
Marco Pierre Mini Food Processor Flame Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 19 Nov. 2010
I was not impressed with the look, the sound or the action of this, the good points were that it is quite a good ergonomic design and it 'felt' like good quality as it had a good weight to it, it was sturdy and was simple to use.

It made an almighty noise when turned on, and has to be placed on a wooden board or a towel to lessen the noise. It was fine for making hummous but anything more demanding than that and it was useless. After a year, and maybe about only 15 uses, it broke. Something snapped inside it, the motor was running but the blade wasnt turning. I should have tried to return it or ask the company to fix it but I didnt think it was worth the effort.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2011 6:20 PM GMT

Oxford Handbook of Mental Health Nursing (Oxford Handbooks in Nursing)
Oxford Handbook of Mental Health Nursing (Oxford Handbooks in Nursing)
by Patrick Callaghan
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful but due a new edition, 17 May 2010
I LOVE this book, as a first year nursing student it is an excellent place to start as it's concise and has good references to further info. It's small and hard-wearing, so it lives in my bag, I often dip into it on bus journeys. It probably is more of an aide-memoire to more experienced nurses or students, but for someone easily overwhelmed by the vast amount of nursing literature out there, this little book is ideal. The only problem is it was published and 2006 and there have been changes in policy/law since then.

The Wholefood Harvest Cookbook
The Wholefood Harvest Cookbook
by Rachel Hunt

5.0 out of 5 stars Wholesome and lovely!, 10 Feb. 2010
This book is wonderful, beautifully illustrated and something I look forward to picking up when the seasons change.
There a recipes for every month of the year, which are all healthy, natural and nutritious - there are main dishes, dressings, desserts, sweet treats and drinks. There are't actual photo's of the food but there are coloured or black and white illustrations on every page.

A Radiant Life: Raw Food and the Presence of Love: An Invitation to Raw Food and Joyous Mind
by Sun Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars An autobiography book rather than a cook book, 10 Feb. 2010
I bought this as I'd like to introduce more raw food gradually into my diet. I must admit the spiritual angle of the book appealed, but practically speaking, I have not used it for a recipe even once.

What I wanted was a beginners book, but that was also straight to the point. This is not it!

This is the sort of book I'd read at bedtime, it's positive and uplifting but there's a lot of talk about God and not that many recipes.