Profile for Mrs. Jennifer M. Coulson > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Jennifer ...

Mrs. Jennifer M. Coulson (France)

The Railway Man
The Railway Man
by Eric Lomax

5.0 out of 5 stars Railway man, 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Railway Man (Paperback)
I found this a gripping read. What a man and how did all those men that survived, survive after what they went through. We should never forget what they did for us.

The Leftovers Handbook: A-Z of Every Ingredient In Your Kitchen with Inspirational Ideas For Using Them
by Suzy Bowler

1.0 out of 5 stars Leftovers, 17 April 2014
I didnt like the layout and I wasn't inspired by it, but I need to study it a bit more. I have a book from thé 1970s (I think) which is much better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2014 8:44 AM BST

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book on veg, 14 Nov. 2013
Lots of imaginative recipes that make you want to cook and eat them
A good buy for the cookery library

Mariana (Persephone Classics)
Mariana (Persephone Classics)
by Monica Dickens

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 9 Jan. 2013
Very enjoyable. The story held my interest throughout. A pleasant book and a relaxing read about times past where people got on with their lives.

Ice Age 4: Continental Drift [DVD]
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Romano
Offered by Discs4all

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 9 Jan. 2013
I liked this film much better than no 3 which had the tiresome fake cockney animal. I thought it was a very pleasant and enjoyable film. Would like to have seen more of Scrat of course.

Johnny English - Fully Loaded Edition [DVD]
Johnny English - Fully Loaded Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson
Offered by Qoolist

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Johnny, 24 Jan. 2012
My husband and I enjoy Mr Bean, but John Malkovitch was direly miscast and had an appalling fake French accent. There are several good French actors who speak English who would have been so much better. Wildly improbable plot spoilt it too. Some funny moments but not up to his usual standard.

JANE AUSTEN Collection - Pride & Prejudice (1995) / Mansfield Park (1983) / Emma (1972) / Sense & Sensibility (1981) - 7 Disc DVD Boxset
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

1.0 out of 5 stars J Coulson, 1 Oct. 2009
I have only seen one of them so far but I was annoyed to discover that while they are indeed speaking English, the subtitles are in Dutch: I wouldn't have bought them had I realised that, as I rely on the subtitles as well.

I can't discover how one finds out on Amazon whether or not DVDs are in English and whether or not they have English subtitles - very important as my husband is hard of hearing.