Profile for Miranda Morland > Reviews

Content by Miranda Morland

Miranda Morland ""bruised UK"" (Kent, England)

The Moneyless Man: A Year of Freeconomic Living
The Moneyless Man: A Year of Freeconomic Living
by Mark Boyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Cha Cha Changes, 13 Aug 2010
Wow I am CHANGED the most inspiring book...Had me roaring out load...Mark Boyle is my Hero So inspired!!!!!

The Property of a Gentleman
The Property of a Gentleman
by Catherine Gaskin

5.0 out of 5 stars proprety of a gentleman, 28 April 2010
I bought this book by mistake at a station thinking it was a Cookson, was so disappointed was almost unable to start reading 2 pages in and I was hooked marvelous bravo, what a thrilling and moving love story that traverses across several generations of secrets and intrigue Couldn't put it down Have re read several times and still has a huge impact
bravo I think my most favorite Gaskin

The Charmed Circle
The Charmed Circle
by Catherine Gaskin

5.0 out of 5 stars the charmed circle, 28 April 2010
This review is from: The Charmed Circle (Hardcover)
loved this book from start to finish, cried a great deal as very moving in parts, Gaskin is so clever how she pulls you in to care so deeply for her characters as if they were your own family Would like to know what happens to Julia and Alex and most of all to Alisdair and Johnny in the future not to mention Stacia
superb!!!

Pin Down
Pin Down
by Teresa Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars At last the truth will out!, 30 Oct 2007
This review is from: Pin Down (Hardcover)
Teresa Cooper has gone through Hell and back, yet managed to have a lovely family and as normal a life as possible, total proof that those bruised by life do not turn into monsters themselves. As the powers-that-be, and media would have us wrongly believe.
This Book is un-put-downable, my heart ached, and I cried most of the way through as I read the pages, I felt useless, and ashamed that girls and boy's up and down this country have and still are experiencing the atrocities that befell Teresa.
We must do something, we are living in the 21st Century, for God's sake, and yet we walk around oblivious to what is under our nose's.
All the Children's homes and Foster homes in this country should be subjected to rigorous examination, especially where drugs are used regularly. How many other girl's and boy's were put through this sort of regime, and have not managed to survive it?
Teresa you are an inspiration, and I hope your courage helps others to speak up and be counted.
This book should be advertised everywhere, to help give a voice to those who cannot speak out.