Profile for Heather Hughes > Reviews

Content by Heather Hughes

Heather Hughes "hoodledoodles" (UK)

The Vampire Diaries - Season 6 [DVD] [2015]
The Vampire Diaries - Season 6 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Nina Dobrev

Briilliant series.

Penny Dreadful - Season 2 [DVD] [2014]
Penny Dreadful - Season 2 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Josh Hartnett

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Dec. 2015
Brilliant series, totally recommend this DVD.

Nikwax Liquid Wax for Footwear, Clear
Nikwax Liquid Wax for Footwear, Clear
Offered by Sneakers and Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Dec. 2015
It. Just. Works. Does exactly what it says it will do :-)

Water Aerobics: The Essential Guide To Lose Weight, Get A Lean And Toned Body While Having Fun Using Water Exercises (water aerobics, water exercises, ... lean, toned body, water fitness, have fun)

1.0 out of 5 stars This is the worst ebook I've ever bought, 28 Dec. 2015
This is the worst ebook I've ever bought, it pretty much doesn't tell you anything that you don't know already. Absolute Rubbish.

Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 12 May 2014
Much faster than the rubbish USB version. I don't know how we managed without it, before the Mac would crash when trying to hook to servers for data transfer.

Orphan Black: Series One [DVD]
Orphan Black: Series One [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tatiana Maslany

5.0 out of 5 stars Just amazing!, 30 April 2014
I never write reviews for Amazon, but I just had to say I'm only on the 2nd episode and I'm just totally blown away by this series. The acting is amazing, the story grips you almost from the start. I love it so far.

Magnum Contact Sheets (Int'l Center of Photography, New York: Exhibition Catalogue)
by Kristen Lubben

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing pictures..., 23 Nov. 2011
Just received this book and it's awesomely huge.. I simply hadn't appreciated in the reviews I'd read just how much content there would be, and how beautiful the photos would be. There are many stunning (and famous) photographs in here and they are printed larger than I've seen anywhere else and this really adds to the experience of this book. I've only just received it so I'll have to update my review, but so far positive.

My copy arrived intact, and I've been very careful with turning the pages but don't like the idea of having to always treat it with kid gloves. This book would have benefitted from having reinforced endpapers, even if it meant adding a wee bit to the cost. The book was always going to be expensive, so what's an extra quid for the strength.

But it's absolutely gorgeous, I'm so glad I ordered it. It's amazing seeing the selection process of the 'best' pictures, and to have the story with the amazing photos. Sooo inspiring.

Tucano Elements Second Skin for 15.4 inch MacBook Pro - Purple
Tucano Elements Second Skin for 15.4 inch MacBook Pro - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely... and just a bit different, 3 April 2011
When I saw this originally on an unrelated website I couldn't believe this colour was real. It's so different from the usual black, red and grey and I love it! The case is fabulous; strong, well made - it really is a 'second skin' for the macbook pro. Other cases I've tried are just too large for the macbook pro and you need it to be tight fitting to give the most protection.

Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic, 20 Aug. 2010
I'm soooo devastated there are only 14 episodes of this. It's just so unique, funny and watchable. Genius humour, wonderful actors, GORGEOUS hero. Long live Joss Whedon. I just don't understand why the grey business suits don't get his work and cancel series so quick.
Totally recommend this DVD, I couldn't stop watching it from start to finish... and now for Serenity to find out more....

Sony DCR-SR52 Hard Disc Drive Camcorder With 2.7'' LCD Screen
Sony DCR-SR52 Hard Disc Drive Camcorder With 2.7'' LCD Screen

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy this camcorder if you own a Mac, 10 Jun. 2007
I was absolutely furious when I received this camcorder to find out that the software was not compatible with Macs. In spite of reading the handbook from cover to cover all I was told was that the software was not compatible with Macs, and the camcorder was not recognised by my Mac when I plugged it in - the format it records in is not readable, as far as I know. There should be a big fat warning on the box and in any adverts that you have to own a PC if you want to use a Sony camcorder.

This lack of support is totally bewildering considering that a growing number of people have bought Macs. I won't be buying a Sony product again - and I certainly won't be recommending Sony to anyone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2008 3:02 PM GMT