Profile for A. Douglas > Reviews

Content by A. Douglas
Top Reviewer Ranking: 769

A. Douglas (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
EDC by Esprit Women's 994CC1K902 CO EL Tank D Sleeveless T-Shirt, Black, Size 10 (Manufacturer Size:Small)

3.0 out of 5 stars smaller than it should be!, 19 May 2016
Blimey - I bought my usual size and it was like putting on shapewear! The length is great but it is so tight, it's uncomfortable.

Yankee Candle Lemon Lavender Votive/Sampler
Yankee Candle Lemon Lavender Votive/Sampler

5.0 out of 5 stars subtle clean smell for your room!, 19 May 2016
This has such a lovely smell. Nothing like lemons or Lavender as you know them separately. This is a warm/ refreshing smell which isn't overpowering so makes your room smell so nice.

Cuckoo
Cuckoo

3.0 out of 5 stars Too long with a mixed up plot!, 19 May 2016
This review is from: Cuckoo (Kindle Edition)
First of all this is a book about friendships. It focuses on the relationship between Rose and Polly. Friendship has nothing to do with it. it's about feeling that someone has helped you but for the wrong reasons! This book was far too long. I found Rose a bit annoying because when Polly wasn't very nice, Rose didn't tell her to leave because they are friends - So!!!!! if I had someone in my house who I thought might have hurt my child they would be out. I wouldn't walk around on tenterhooks worrying and sneaking around.

There were bits of this book which were good - the writing style is good and I was never actually bored. I just because fed up with how weak rose appears. No one would put up with a friend like Polly even if she knows secrets from your youth which aren't terrible secrets to keep from your husband - Rose seemed paranoid about this. Having a child that she gives away isn't a crime and was before she was married so none of anyone's business.

Towards the end of the book - the Brighton trip seemed really rushed. it sort of happens in a few pages and then everyone is home again. The final few chapters aren't very good and I found then a little thrown together. For example when Polly and Gareth threaten to put Rose away - there is nothing to back that up.

When Rose finally accepts that Gareth and Polly have been together, she tidies up and goes back to bed. why wasn't he thrown out along with Polly? To me, none of this would have been allowed to carry on - children or not.

I think this book did have promise but was too much of everything so got lost towards the end.

Palmer's Hair Food Formula 150g
Palmer's Hair Food Formula 150g
Offered by TopHair&Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes afro hair manageable!, 19 May 2016
Having afro hair means it's super dry like straw and tangles so easily despite brushing. I find some products too heavy and sticky which is what I don't want. This is great because I apply it to my damp/ nearly dry hair and can brush my hair through easily. It also gives a nice sheen which isn't greasy looking. It is also great on the scalp. using it also nourishes my nails which is a bonus! The smell is really nice too. Some products for afro hair are too strong/ too fruity!

Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml
Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Caring for tight scars and dry skin!, 19 May 2016
I bought this to use on my C section scar and my stomach - both of which are super tender. This is perfect because I apply it carefully after washing and there is nothing to keep rubbing in like you would need to do with a lotion etc. The smell is super nice and it really does help with the tight pain the scar causes. I also use this on my legs which are always dry. I started using this during pregnancy (one bottle saw me through the last 3 months) and have no stretch marks.

This is comforting and means I can use it all over my body.

Neo G Airflow Wrist Support Small Beige- Medical Grade, Breathable, Slimline Design
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye painful hands!, 19 May 2016
I have developed a pain between my thumb and forefinger which aches a lot. I went by the size guide for my wrist and bought the small. It is snug as expected and supports my hand perfectly. I am so pleased because it means it will relieve the pain during the day.

wet n wild Mega Clear Mascara - Clear
wet n wild Mega Clear Mascara - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyebrow tamer!, 18 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used this on my eyebrows as eyebrow products seem to cost so much. I already have a few brow products that add colour which is fine but I have found that to brush my eyebrows into place - this is perfect and doesn't cost half as much as a dedicated product.

JML Womens Comfy Belvia Slimming Shorts Underwear Shapewear Small Black
JML Womens Comfy Belvia Slimming Shorts Underwear Shapewear Small Black
Offered by Blue-Fish

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off when you first get these!!, 17 May 2016
Wow - After having my baby I am a size 12 instead of a 10. I need to be able to get into trousers and I seem to have gained weight on my thighs. I got these to help slim the tree trunks! Well, when I took them out of the box they looked like trousers for a toddler. They are about 6 inches wide before any stretch! After a lot of inching up and tugging, I finally got them on. The trick when you get near the top of your legs is to shift the bottom leg bit up and then you can pull them up more from the waist. They cover my stomach but do roll down a bit. My legs do manage to look a bit like an over stuffed sausage but at least they look a bit thinner!

Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Lotion 200ml
Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Lotion 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool for the summer, 17 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This compliments the moisturiser gel really well. The smell isn't strong but is fruity and just like the moisturiser this is super cooling! This is great for your legs at the end of the day if they feel hot.

Burt's Bees  Tinted Lip Balm Pink Blossom 4.25 g
Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Pink Blossom 4.25 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Moisturising without lots of shine!, 16 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This lip balm comes with a tiny strip of security tape around the lid which you don't always see on some lip balms. The pink shade is lovely. It sort of looks more like a lip stain when on because it doesn't shine. This is a bonus. It leaves your lips feeling lovely and soft but not greasy. The only thing I did notice is that despite being 100% natural it does have a slightly synthetic smell. This might just be it's natural smell but it isn't a huge deal as you don't really sniff the tube all the time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20