I wanted to review this because I use my Kindle every day whilst commuting to work by train (standing all the way). I need a cover that is light weight, easy to hold one handed whilst squashed next to other people. I currently have a tuff Luv case for my Kindle .Tuff-Luv 'Embrace' case cover for Amazon Kindle Touch / Paperwhite (Book Style) - Electric Blue
that also has a strap so that you can hold it one handed whilst on the train and it is very lightweight. My thoughts on this case are:
- Feels nice and looks nice - get a cool looking design
- Kindle is secure in the elasticated corners
- Has a slide hand strap so you can hold the Kindle whilst the case is open
- Doesn't have the magnet that turns your Kindle on - I find this a bit annoying with my other cover.
Not so sure about:
- the case is white and will get grubby fairly quickly but you can wipe it clean
- a bit heavy
- the slide strap is very tight and I have slim hands and struggled with it
- the elasticated corners are positioned right in the middle of the case as if you were meant to put your iphone in this instead. It's quite a challenge getting the Kindle in. Not sure why the corners have been placed like that. Most are right in the corner.
- The red logo patch in the crease seems to stop this folding back without it being a bit wonky
- without securing closed with the elastic, the case sits open a bit rather than laying flat
- the case feels stiff when trying to fold open
Considering how much this costs, I have had at least two other cases at a third of the price which have been great so I can't say that this case offers more than they do.