Profile for Mrs. Susan M. Nash > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Susan M. Nash

Mrs. Susan M. Nash (England)

Crochet Master Class
Crochet Master Class
by Jean Leinhauser

5.0 out of 5 stars best crochet book I have ever bought, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Crochet Master Class (Paperback)
I love this book. It is full of colour. It also has techniques in it which I haven't come across before which as I have been doing crochet for around fifty years now is saying something. I generally find one or two patterns in a book which I will have a go at but I want to do many more from this one. Well worth the money.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2011 12:32 PM BST

Beaded Edge
Beaded Edge
by Midori Nashida

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite what I was expecting, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Beaded Edge (Paperback)
This is a lovely book, it gives easily followed instructions for lots of beaded trims. I was however disappointed not to find instructions for the trims which are featured on the book cover as these are just examples of some that the author had purchased while in Turkey. I really wanted the pattern for one of them which was why I bought the book in the first place.

Fabric Embellishing: The Basics and Beyond
Fabric Embellishing: The Basics and Beyond
by Ruth Chandler
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable fabric book, 2 July 2010
I enjoyed this book, it is a comprehensive overview of many techniques used to embellish fabric. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. Having done a two year city and guilds quite a few of the projects are not new to me, but I still learned quite a bit from it so it isn't just for the complete novice. It is good as a reminder and of course, everyone does things just a bit differently which is always interesting to compare. It is definitely one book I will be keeping.

Wirework: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Wire Wrapping
Wirework: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Wire Wrapping
by Dale Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 19 Oct 2009
Wirework: is not a total beginners book. I found it just right to take me that bit further than I have been with wire before. The pictures and instructions are very clear and easy to follow. The first evening I made one of the projects, the fish, easy to do and it was very much admired. There are enough projects which are harder and more time consuming to keep me interested for some time to come. Excellent book, a keeper.