Profile for Mazza B > Reviews

Content by Mazza B

Mazza B "Mazza B" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Opaque Tights Choose From 34 Fashionable Colours ,60 Denier, Sizes S-XL (Large, Red)
Offered by paradise4women

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely red tights!, 5 Aug. 2015
Very good buy.

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that must be read., 5 Aug. 2015
This is a wonderful book which had me hooked from the start. It is beautifully written and full of tension. Some parts are very sad, others deeply harrowing, showing the worst aspects of war and the Nazis. However, it is also full of hope and calm in the midst of the terror.

How to be both
How to be both

2.0 out of 5 stars How to be disappointed!, 11 July 2015
This review is from: How to be both (Kindle Edition)
I found it very difficult to get into this book. There was some very good writing and ideas but it didn't 'do it' for me. I didn't finish it.

The Magic Whip
The Magic Whip

5.0 out of 5 stars A very Magic Whip!, 29 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Magic Whip (Audio CD)
A fantastic return by Blur. The Hong Kong theme runs through the songs and gives an unusual extra atmosphere and style. The songs are great and the whole thing beautifully produced. I particularly love New World Towers, Ghost Ship and Pyongyang (at the moment) but the whole thing grows on you very quickly. Damon Albarn's vocals are wonderful and there is that usual 'cookie' magic of Blur all together, that has been sadly missed.

Waterloo: The History of Four Days, Three Armies and Three Battles
Waterloo: The History of Four Days, Three Armies and Three Battles

5.0 out of 5 stars History with a heart!, 29 Jun. 2015
I didn't think I would enjoy this book. As it has been the anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, I bought it to find out the facts in detail. Very quickly, I was hooked and loved every page, including the maps and pictures. It is most interesting and so beautifully written that I raced through it. Of course, Bernard Cornwell is a great writer and so the characters and events leapt from the page. I was fascinated by the unfolding "dance" of the battle itself and the multitude of soldiers of different ranks, whose fate was so vividly described. The book is a 'tour de force'. I recommend it highly.

Teapigs Liquorice & Peppermint Tea 50bag
Teapigs Liquorice & Peppermint Tea 50bag

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea!, 22 Jun. 2015
Tasted horrible. I tried one and then threw the rest away. Not to my taste at all as so sweet.

Solo: A James Bond Novel
Solo: A James Bond Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Half-baked Bond!, 22 Jun. 2015
The book got better, after a slow start. The style was very much like Ian Fleming's and William Boyd is a wonderful writer but the plot was predictable. Some exciting bits and I did read it all, but disappointing..

Kolymsky Heights
Kolymsky Heights

5.0 out of 5 stars You cannot put this book down!, 7 May 2015
This review is from: Kolymsky Heights (Kindle Edition)
This is a hugely exciting read, beautifully written and most clever. A fabulous plot and a mass of characters show the huge research needed for such a 'tour de force'. I had never heard of the author but I shall now be sure to read his other books. And I am totally in love with Jonny Porter.

Printer's Devil Court
Printer's Devil Court

4.0 out of 5 stars A sad and chilling tale., 23 April 2015
This short story about people's fascination with raising the dead is more sad than frightening. It is well written, leaving a feeling of gloom and dread.

The Two of Us
The Two of Us

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book!, 17 April 2015
This review is from: The Two of Us (Kindle Edition)
This book draws you in and then you can't put it down. It is romantic, funny, sad and gives man's view of love and life. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4