Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (North Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
I'd Sooner Starve! (The story of a hapless restaurant owner)
I'd Sooner Starve! (The story of a hapless restaurant owner)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and uncomfortable at the same time !, 1 April 2012
This is an excellent read, and worthy of one my rare 5 star ratings. He has an easy to read style, and it had no typo's or grammatical errors that I could find, which seems so rare in ebooks. It journey's his experience in running a deli and then restaurant attached, and how he builds his business from nothing. I work in the public sector (NHS), and am fully aware of the moaning public, but his experience is surprising (but believable) and uncomfortable. Have we all become so rude? Well, no not all of us, but the whole social culture today has changed, and we as a society are demanding. I have my own comparison to make 'What do you mean I have to pay for malaria tablets for my £5000 holiday to Kenya? Why doesn't the NHS pay for this, I could get sick?' I'd highly recommend this read, and I know that it will only affect and shock people that wouldn't behave in this way anyway. 'I want my free Wiffy'. Just brilliant.

You've Gone Too Far This Time, Sir!
You've Gone Too Far This Time, Sir!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Mar 2012
I really liked this book. I really enjoyed Dan's journey and his own self discovery. Like others I found the end a little abrupt, but perhaps a sequel?

Too Close to the Sun
Too Close to the Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jan 2012
I downloaded this after enjoying fallen star, and another good read. Diana has the ability to write books that are an easy read with unexpected plot twists. Chick lit at it's best. Well researched. I was disappointed to finish the book. Always a good sign!

Falling Star
Falling Star

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Falling Star (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was well written, and although the romance part was a little predictable, at several points I doubted that it would work out OK. The plot was really good and there was enough supporting characters without causing confusion. I've downloaded another Dempsey book, and
paid for it !

Throwaway
Throwaway

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable, but predictable, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: Throwaway (Kindle Edition)
All in all I enjoyed the book. I agree that the prostitution was glossed over and almost made glamourous. Jessie had wads of cash under her mattress, went to yoga, and no hint of a swear word or drugs. I doubt a cop would fall for prostitute in this way. The story was predictable, and so obvious at times I could have written out the plot before I read it. The grammar was annoying and the formatting awful in places. However, despite all this an enjoyable read, albeit a bit light for the subject matter. It was romance novel after all!

Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)
Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Well............, 26 July 2011
Too short for the plot, which needed more characters if it was going to be anything other than predictable. It had to be one of two !! Culverhouse was out of the ark, and Knight was unrealistic, she was treated as a novice, in reality she would have had experience and training to hold the rank of DS, and worked hard for the position. Her behaviour was unbelievable, drinking and driving, frequently hung over the next day, discussing the case with almost strangers, continuing a relationship with a suspect?? I'm not naive, but she was a liability. The ending was rushed, I didn't really get the motive, and there was little sub-plot leading to this outcome. The murderer was a heroin addict, ovedoses but still manages a few murders, suddenly turns over a new leaf, and then is washing and ironing? All very bizarre. This is not thought out well, and it feels as though it has been written over such a long time period the author has actually forgotten what was written in the beginning. The graphic nature of the ending was unnecessary, and spoilt an already flawed short novel. Sorry Adam.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2011 12:43 PM BST

Graveyard Games
Graveyard Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed....., 29 May 2011
This review is from: Graveyard Games (Kindle Edition)
Well, I enjoyed the book overall, but like others felt the ending was odd with the rest of the book. Also lots of unexplained things, like why didn't the police force find something sooner, if a group of vigilantes did on the first night. I agree the characters were depicted as teenagers, but were late 20's. Overall good read. Slow overall, but keeps you reading with odd, rushed climax.

The Blood That Bonds (The II AM Trilogy Book 1)
The Blood That Bonds (The II AM Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good effort!!, 19 May 2011
I liked it. Not perfect, but loved the vampire theme, and the added twist of a junkie prostitute. I found it sad and uplifting at the same time. I do agree with other reviews, the ending was like the beginning of the next book and seemed a little lost. Needed more middle and less end !

Unlikely Killer
Unlikely Killer

3.0 out of 5 stars Unlikely ending??, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Unlikely Killer (Kindle Edition)
OK. I enjoyed the book, hence 3 stars. But a few things drove me NUTS. The credit card was used repeatedly by the killer, and yet no security, no CCTV, until someone else used the card, and then pounce.

He killed someone on a MOTORWAY, and no cameras, nobody noticed............several stolen cars and not picked up by police anywhere?

But, overall, a good read, with a good plot, although alot of killings. SO, to the ending. I won't ruin it of course. But, I finished the book, reading until late in the morning, as unlike some other reviewers I hadn't realised the identity of the killer (which makes it a better read), and then when revealed, I couldn't believe it. I actually said 'What?'

It didn't make sense to me, and didn't seem to fit with the clues. I'd also like to point out that mentally ill patients, are rarely violent, usually only harming themselves. It ruined a good book for me personally, as I couldn't make sense of it.

Mr Right for the Night (Irish Romantic Comedy)
Mr Right for the Night (Irish Romantic Comedy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Layout terrible, 22 April 2011
How to ruin a good kindle read. As others have said the inserts of `Mr Right for the night 155` in the middle of a sentance and `BLANK PAGE` ruined it for me. For a paid book unacceptable. I enjoyed the story, but a little predictable and guessed from the start who she`d end up with. If you can cope with the terrible layout, enjoy.

Page: 1 | 2