Profile for Marferret > Reviews

The Crocodile Who Didn't Like Water
The Crocodile Who Didn't Like Water
by Gemma Merino

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story, 12 Nov 2013
This is a lovely book, and the pictures are great. The last one, which reveals just what's happened, never fails to delight.

I was surprised at the review that the rising 3-yr-old didn't like it. Perhaps she will when she's older, as the story might relate more to an older toddler's experiences, and even more to a child of 4 +.

1 x Lancing Device
1 x Lancing Device
Offered by Home Health (UK) Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good !, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: 1 x Lancing Device (Personal Care)
I'm very pleased with this device. As another reviewer said, it's much less flimsy than the devices which come with most meters.

I've just been put on insulin, so I'm doing lots of testing, and I'm going to buy another one to go with my spare meter, so I can carry it around with me. I've always tested on my forearms, not my finger tips, and with this device it's pretty painless.

The only criticism I have is that it might be easy to smear the blood droplet if you don't lift the lancing device away from your skin quite carefully - the aperture inside the transparent cover is quite a lot smaller than on some other devices, and it can be a little hard to see where the droplet is.

But all in all this is a good buy - reasonably priced too.

The Men Who Mapped the World/the Treasures of Cartography
The Men Who Mapped the World/the Treasures of Cartography
by Beau Riffenburgh

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 19 Jun 2013
This book is stunning and the pull-out maps in pockets are a real joy. Spent ages studying the final one with the Sea of Gallilee.

H & L Russel Ltd - Vacuum Storage Bags, Single Large, 130 X 90cm
H & L Russel Ltd - Vacuum Storage Bags, Single Large, 130 X 90cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and just the job, 25 May 2013
I've bought vacuum bags from department stores in the past, and they've cost quite a bit more. As this is only for the winter duvet, it won't have to stand up to frequent opening and closing, and it's just fine. Very pleased.

Point Your Face At This
Point Your Face At This
by Demetri Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very clever, 25 May 2013
Absolutely brilliant. Very witty. I bought it as a present for a friend and have been 'peeping' - I may buy it again for myself !

Send for Paul Temple
Send for Paul Temple

2.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned and with cardboard characters, 25 May 2013
I thought I'd try a Paul Temple as I remember the TV series when I was a small girl. Not surprisingly, the book is very old-fashioned : secret passages, mastermind criminals ..... Not the fault of the book, just down to what I like. I think I'll try the DVD next time.

ADDIS Drip Tray in Translucent/ Clear
ADDIS Drip Tray in Translucent/ Clear

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad......, 14 April 2013
This item is very cheap to buy. Max dimensions are 45cm x 38 cm. It will work quite well if you place your crockery on it carefully - put a couple of heavy items eg mugs at the front, and it will then drain OK. But unweighted it has a tendency to twist, and propping it up higher at the back to help the drainage is also a good idea.

All in all, reasonable for the price, I'd say. however, if I was going to buy another one, I would probably go for something sturdier even if more expensive.

Body Wallet Waist Multi Pocket
Body Wallet Waist Multi Pocket
Offered by Girls Travel Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical, 1 Aug 2012
I really do like this. It has enough pockets to be able to keep passport, money etc separate, but still easy to get at. And it's not too sweaty.

Turbie Towel White
Turbie Towel White
Offered by Ray Online BIZ

4.0 out of 5 stars We've used these for years, 1 Aug 2012
This review is from: Turbie Towel White
....and they've always done the job well. Yes, the material is thin, but it really does dry your hair well, and it's easy to 'turbie up', if you see what I mean. Doesn't cost much either.

Paper Blossoms: A Pop-up Book: A Pop-up Book of Beautiful Bouquets
Paper Blossoms: A Pop-up Book: A Pop-up Book of Beautiful Bouquets
by Ray Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual, lovely book, 30 Sep 2011
I bought a copy of this for myself, and liked it so much that I bought another for a friend as a 'Thank you' present for having us to stay. It makes a really unusual gift, and she was delighted with it.