Profile for Ben > Reviews

Content by Ben

Ben "BB" (UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shaver, 9 July 2011
The best shaver I have ever had. I have to say I have only used Philips shavers. The only problem I found was when I use the wet shave using a shaving gel, the colour of the shaver being black, leaves white stains of the shave gel. As that is not a problem with the shaver, I have given 5 stars (used Wilkinson shave gel)but it can be washed away with thorough cleaning using a brush. I have not used the jetwash system
I have gone back to the dry shave which is great

Uniross Pom Energy Centre and 4AA Ready to Use Rechargeable Batteries
Uniross Pom Energy Centre and 4AA Ready to Use Rechargeable Batteries

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and useful, 17 Nov. 2010
Great looking product. 8 batteries can be charged at a time and you can make out which one is fully charged which one is being charged by looking at the indicator light. This is a great bonus as you can always have charged batteries on hand for an emergency (my children use rechargeable batteries for their XBOX 360 and Nintendo WII controllers)The USB charge extender (which can convert the single USB to double) is not that useful as the power is poor to charge my iphone4 and ipad. The ipad and iphone would charge directy from the USB port when one equipment is connected at a time.

Good quality material used for manufacture. Price is too tempting. Also there is a review by geekanoids on youtube which is helpful

Billion BiPAC 7800N Dual WAN ADSL2+/Broadband Wireless-N Gigabit Firewall Modem Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing modem router with great security features, 27 Sept. 2010
I have owned a Netgear G and Belkin N+ modem routers in the past. I have also had an Apple airport extreme router . None of them were able to give me a good coverage in the house that I live which is a 6 bedroom house. I bought this router which I had never heard of, purely based on the positive reviews on the amazon website, but it has more than lived up to its reputation. I do not have a single black spot in my house where I cannot get good internet access since installing the Billion 10 days ago. The security features are great, but most of it is not needed for routine home use
Really grateful to the previous reviewers and to amazon for stocking this item. Great

NB. I had to try different channels on the router settings, before I could get the best range

Dyson Air Multiplier AM01 12 Inch Desk Fan (Silver/Iron)
Dyson Air Multiplier AM01 12 Inch Desk Fan (Silver/Iron)
Offered by Bargain Store UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, not worthy of it's price, 27 Jun. 2010
Pros - good design , child friendly, technology well utilized, easy to carry around , reasonable breeze
Cons - very noisy ( thankfully not as noisy as the dyson vacuum cleaner) , no remote ( a fan of this price should have one), poor breeze while oscillating if you use it as a room fan rather than a desk fan.( you have to be close to get the effect of the fan while it is oscillating)
Comment - my understanding is that this is a technology that is in use in naval ship propellors, but it is well utilized in this domestic product

RTX DUALphone 3088 for Skype (No PC Required)
RTX DUALphone 3088 for Skype (No PC Required)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 14 Jun. 2009
Great Product. My parents in India call me on my skypephone(from their computer) and the quality of the speech is great. There are no interruptions at all.
Downsides
1.low volume ringing tone. I cannot hear it upstairs as I have kept the phone downstairs.
2. no caller id recognition when receiving calls on the landline

The first equipment that I received had a fault, which was immediately replaced by amazon (5 star service). I am giving a 4 star only because of the faulty equipment that i had initially.

I am planning to buy one more for my parents so that we can call each other for free (phone to phone).

Panasonic DMP-BD35EB-K Profile 2 Blu-ray Disc Player with BD Live
Panasonic DMP-BD35EB-K Profile 2 Blu-ray Disc Player with BD Live

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect with Panasonic TV, 1 April 2009
Great product. I have become a Panasonic fan. It works well with the VIERA link for Panasonic TV. You only need to switch off the TV to switch off the Bluray player and also the TV comes on when the Bluray player is switched on. (This works only with the VIERA link with Panasonic TV)Picture qualitry reasonable. Remote buttons slightly disorganised and difficult to find in the dark
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2009 4:29 PM BST

Logitech V450 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (Silver)
Logitech V450 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect , No complaints, 24 Feb. 2009
Great product. No problems so far. Bought it a month ago. Easy connectivity. Easy installation. Very compact nano receiver. Mouse is average laptop size. Switchs off by itself if not being used, helping battery life.Also can be manually switched off and the nano receiver stored inside the mouse for transporting.