Profile for Grit knob > Reviews

Content by Grit knob

Grit knob (zombie island)

Page: 1 | 2
Kubik Roca 8GB Touchscreen MP3 and Video Player
Kubik Roca 8GB Touchscreen MP3 and Video Player

2.0 out of 5 stars its cheap but not as good as it could be, 7 April 2014
The reason I bought a touch screen is so i could quickly fast forward long audio files in an instant like you can on touch screen phone media players. It doesn't do this, The touch screen is not responsive either.

Scholl Fresh Step Anti-perspirant
Scholl Fresh Step Anti-perspirant
Offered by Zesty359

1.0 out of 5 stars The new fragrance is awful, 7 April 2014
I used to really like this spray. I bought it without realising the fragrance had changed and I hate it. Very harsh soap Smell. Will not buy again unless the fragrance changes back.

Spray Paint - Chrome / Silver Spray Paint Cylon Chrome
Spray Paint - Chrome / Silver Spray Paint Cylon Chrome

2.0 out of 5 stars Thick paint... Too thick.. And volatile!, 11 Sep 2013
I purchased the paint and the read the previous reviews before I tried it. I shook well and put a grey dot cap on for skinny lines. Nothing happened. I pressed again and nothing happened. Cleaned the cap then tried again. Silly string started to come out. This is not a party. I put a fat cap on and boom. Nice thick paint, clean lines with a pink dot. Changed cap to clean it and with no cap on it started hissing and paint sprayed out covering me, my land lady's garden steps, furniture and lawn. Spent next 2 hours trying to clean up using the MTN cap cleaner (get this if you need to clean paint ).

It's still on the steps now.

I wanted to like this paint but don't want to jeopardise where I live because the land lady didn't appreciate the uncommisioned art over her garden.

Brighton Graffiti
Brighton Graffiti
by Stuart Bagshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars historical, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Brighton Graffiti (Paperback)
A really good book full of pieces, dubs and some steel too. There's quotes throughout the book from brighton writers on the brighton scene. I used to see some of the work in the pictures when I used to travel down to Brighton so it brings back memories.

Hold On [feat. Amber Coffman]
Hold On [feat. Amber Coffman]

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy - Terrible quality mp3, 26 Jun 2013
After purchasing and playing the mp3 through a variety of sound systems i can hear that the recording is distorted. The bass, snares and vocals have distortion on them. Even the youtube version is better quality.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - Grappling [DVD] [NTSC]
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - Grappling [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value grappling dvd, 10 Nov 2012
Personally I learned LOADS from this dvd. It's about an hour and a half long and gives good details about techniques. It covers passing the guard, arm locks, leg locks and chokes. It's only one camera angle but the explanations make up for it. He goes over techniques a few times and then will show a variation of the technique. He gives hints on common mistakes and the variations are presented if your opponent tries to counter you. In the bonus is a stretching routine for warming up.

Marcus this is a great dvd you've produced. It would be great to see more no-gi dvd covering takedowns.

Excellent DVD.

Ze Marcello, Rafael Rebello & Alexandre Izidro -Vale Tudo [DVD]
Ze Marcello, Rafael Rebello & Alexandre Izidro -Vale Tudo [DVD]
Offered by MARTIAL ARTS

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not vale tudo, 10 Nov 2012
Firstly this is a presentation of no-gi techniques. There's over 20 techniques on here but it's let down by the short audio description which doesn't give much detail about the techniques. Sometimes the camera angle changes and you actually miss part of what's going on.

It's filmed on a grassy area with a nice background. There is funky music that repeats over every technique segment so as an added bonus you will be trying to sleep with the memory of the music playing in your head. I did see techiques I haven't seen before but don't understand them fully untill i get a partner to work out what's going on. I'f you're new top grapppling buy another dvd and if you want to learn vale tudo there's other sets out there.

Authentic RDX 70LB 64" Grappling Dummy MMA Wrestling Punch Bag Judo Martial arts

3.0 out of 5 stars Please someone do a video review!, 6 Nov 2012
Can you do submissions on this like footlocks, kneebars, triangles, omaplata etc or is this just for throwing? I can't seem to get much info from the company other than its for grappling training.

Are the arms bendy?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2013 6:33 PM GMT

Triple Dry Men 72 hours Advanced Protection Anti-Perspirant Quick Dry Roll-On 50ml
Offered by Activecare Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Used for 2 weeks everyday and it let me down, 24 Aug 2012
Ok, I first used perspirex and when it ran out I went on a hunt for another bottle in a popular high street chain. Triple dry was now in the mens section instead of the aforementioned antiperspirent. I thought i'd give this a go. I used it every night for 2 weeks and... My armpits were soaked! It Did reduce sweating slightly but not enough. If you suffer from excess sweating use perspirex but be warned it can be harsh!

Eubank: The Autobiography
Eubank: The Autobiography
by Chris Eubank

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 4 May 2012
I couldn't put this book down. it even inspired me to man up in my own life! A very interesting and controversial individual.

Page: 1 | 2