Profile for XS JAH > Reviews

Heartbeat Of Home: Live From Dublin [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ John McColgan
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of this world!, 1 May 2014
Absolutely electrifying dance routines and amazing soundtrack. I can't wait to see the show live when it comes to London.

Compucessory CD Sleeve Envelopes Paper with Window W126xH126mm White - Ref CCS26500 [Pack 100]
Offered by PANGADGETS UK
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good paper quality/size but inconsistent finish, 9 July 2012
I found some of the cases to have poorly cut circular cut-aways on the paper where the clear film window is. I had to discard several of the cases because they were not of a quality I was happy with to send out to potential clients. Otherwise the paper is of good quality and unlike other cases I've purchased the size is just snug enough for a CD/DVD to sit inside with the printed CD/DVD secured in the upright position. Other cases I have purchased allowed the CD/DVD to turn or were very tight and sometimes "popped" on the sides when the CD/DVD was inserted.

Wasteman - Single [Explicit]
Wasteman - Single [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 4 Feb 2010
Sit up and pay attention! Big tune from the orally gifted, lyrical miracle that is Floriginul.

The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby
Price: 30.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Photoshop book so far, 24 Nov 2006
I've never written a review for a book before but this one I felt I really had to. After struggling with the boring, technical monotony of Martin Evening's CS2 for Photographers, this book was an absolute joy. I can see some people have commented negatively about Scott's humour but for me that was part of the appeal. I actually read all the content of the pages rather than skimming the examples. Everything I needed to know for using Photoshop for my photography editing is in this book and it's well laid out with good clear examples. Most importantly for me it gave me clear information on how to get my printer to produce what I can see on screen. It did this without being too technical and getting into a level of colour management that, as an amateur photographer, I wouldn't have a clue about.

One of my primary goals was to get what I saw on screen out of my very expensive new printer without using a gallon of ink in test prints. This book delivered. Explaining ICC profiles and how to use them. Something which both Epson and the paper manufacturer I use failed to do.

There are some great techniques in this book. I especially like the ones for portrait editing and changing your image to strong b/w and duo-toning. A really inspiring book. I read half of it in one evening it was so compelling.

My advise is, if you've got your digital SLR, Photoshop and decent printer this is the book for you. Amaze your friends and family with the results (especially if you make your Mum look 10 years younger!!)

Nice one Scott!