Profile for AmbyUK > Reviews

Content by AmbyUK

AmbyUK "Amber" (St. Louis, MO)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 23 Jan. 2015
Extremely poor quality. Was missing some gems right away and many more have fallen off since. I've used it out of necessity and it's all scuffed and looking awful despite being kept carefully - my previous case never looked like this even after a year of use! Do not recommend.

Sealed with a Christmas Kiss
Sealed with a Christmas Kiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read - read S. W. A. K. First though!, 25 Nov. 2014
A brilliant sequel to the first captivating story. Baffled by other reviews marking it down because it's short.. It's never claimed to be anything but! It's still a fantastic read and is long enough to be engaging and detailed, I'm hoping there will be another installment in the future!

The Baby's Coming: A Story of Dedication by an Independent Midwife
The Baby's Coming: A Story of Dedication by an Independent Midwife
by Virginia Howes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy!, 21 May 2014
I'm a birth doula so books like this are right up my alley. I absolutely adored this one. I feel like I know Virginia now despite never having met her. An absorbing read.

Leapfrog My Own Leaptop - Violet
Leapfrog My Own Leaptop - Violet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price!, 22 May 2012
Grandma and Grandpa bought this for my little girl's 3rd birthday. She really loves it, she already knows her letters so she enjoys the games and songs on here. I just personalised it for her, and I'm very impressed! It says her name when it starts up now, and has emails from family members as well as her favourite nursery rhymes. Unfortunately she got very mad at me for changing it when I personalised it, and refuses to play with it now, but that's just her being 3 - it's still a great product! :)

Call the Midwife - Series 1 [DVD]
Call the Midwife - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jessica Raine
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the Best TV Series Ever Made?, 7 Mar. 2012
I don't say that lightly - I really think Call the Midwife is one of the best series I've ever seen. I've read all the books and the stories were generally very true to the book, where they weren't I can only assume the change was necessary for production reasons. The dramatisation was absolutely amazing, so very realistic.

I'm a doula (professional labour attendant) and usually pick apart childbirth in films/TV, but these were just perfect! The babies were tiny, unlike in some movies that have 6mo old babies playing "newborns". All the characters were perfect, especially Chummy, and Sister Evangelina. I think the 2 actresses just pulled off those roles to a tee.

I pre-ordered this as soon as it was available, the first time I have ever bought a TV show so quickly, usually I wait until they come down in price! But this is well worth the RRP, buy it! :)

Gift Republic Adopt A Monkey Gift Box
Gift Republic Adopt A Monkey Gift Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, 20 Jan. 2012
Only 10% of the product price goes to charity, according to Gift Republic's website. The charity probably spends that much posting you a newsletter and picture... cute idea but very disappointing that it's not really doing any good.

Soul Identity
Soul Identity
by Dennis Batchelder

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Soul Identity (Paperback)
This novel quickly sucked me in... I really enjoyed the story, and although I found it slightly predictable there were some twists I didn't expect! I've since read the sequel and loved it too, looking forward to the third book.