Profile for Cake > Reviews

Fast Cakes
Fast Cakes
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars A good resource, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fast Cakes (Paperback)
A really good selection of cakes and biscuits which are easy and tasty.It was exactly what I was looking for.

Your Pregnancy Bible: The Experts' Guide to the Nine Months of Pregnancy and the First Weeks of Parenthood. New updated edition
by Anne Deans

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading For Your First Pregnancy, 7 Jun. 2013
This really did become my bible during pregnancy and for the early months after birth.It's packed with enlightening scientific information and helped me to understand exactly what was happening in a very accessible style.Not only did I find it useful while pregnant but also indispensible for the first few months when my son was born.It prepared me and reassured me.Living in a foreign country I needed this extra source of information.Without it I certainly would not have known how to persevere with breast feeding.

The Runaway Dinner
The Runaway Dinner
by Allan Ahlberg

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Idea But.., 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Runaway Dinner (Paperback)
This story is a good idea and my four year old thinks it's hilarious but I think it's a bit too drawn out and could do with some further editing.For that reason I sometimes find it a bit of a drag to read.

Baba Yaga and the Stolen Baby
Baba Yaga and the Stolen Baby
by Alison Lurie

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Story With an Eastern European Flavour, 7 Jun. 2013
My four year old loves this story.It has just the right amount of scariness to fascinate but not enough to frighten.The story is simply but well told and the illustrations are unusual and eye catching.

Learn at Home:Fun with Phonics: Letters and Sounds Pack (Watch and Learn)
Learn at Home:Fun with Phonics: Letters and Sounds Pack (Watch and Learn)
by unknown

4.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Aid, 7 Jun. 2013
I am currently teaching my four and a half year old how to read English using the phonic system.We live abroad so he needs a bit more encouragement and time from me compared to pupils in England.I have found the set useful,the DVD is very entertaining but feel that a few more exercises could have been included in the booklet.

The Lighthouse Keeper's Adventures
The Lighthouse Keeper's Adventures
by Ronda Armitage

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bedtime Favourite, 7 Jun. 2013
These two episodes offer a bit more of a story to my son who is nearly five,I think he feels they are a bit more grown up than some of the other books we own, but still have some lovely pictures to accompany the writing.Good value for money too.

The Shark in the Dark
The Shark in the Dark
by Peter Bently

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Special, 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Shark in the Dark (Paperback)
The positive reviews encouraged me to buy this book but my four year old quickly lost interest in this book as the story is very predictable.It rarely ever gets taken off the shelf.

George And The Dragon
George And The Dragon
by Christopher Wormell

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Read, 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: George And The Dragon (Paperback)
Agood choice for any child who's into dragons.Very easy for tired parents to read..The book has interesting and detailed pictures and the story is simple but told with a real sense of humour.

LEGO Bricks & More 4637: Safari Building Set
LEGO Bricks & More 4637: Safari Building Set
Offered by Mytoyfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Fun, 7 Jun. 2013
There are lots of things to make with this fun lego set,just right for my four-year-old who each time needs less and less help from me.Very good value too.

Mama Panya's Pancakes: A Village Tale from Kenya
Mama Panya's Pancakes: A Village Tale from Kenya
by Mary Chamberlin

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story, 6 Jun. 2013
This book is a joy to read and is one of my four-year-olds firm favourites.This book definitely stands out from the rest and gives children an insight into another way of life.It also reminds us all to share.