Profile for Gloria Lee > Reviews

Content by Gloria Lee

Gloria Lee

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dreambaby Safety Gate (White)
Dreambaby Safety Gate (White)
Price: 31.26

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF AGE RESTRICTION, 20 Aug 2014
I have just received this gate and to my surprise there is a warning on the box that says it is only for children up to 24 months old! My son is coming up to 16 months and we are already concerned he can open the gate from his first few attempts, and even if he couldn't we'd only be able to safely have it for a maximum of 8 more months more according to the packaging. I immediately checked the Amazon advertisement to check if I'd missed the age restriction warning but it doesn't seem to be shown on the advertisement page which is frustrating as that's wasted a lot of time and effort.

Another thing that is worth consideration that is misleading on the sales page, which says 'Pressure mounted with the option of hardware mounting', is that if you are using this product on stairs as most will then you cannot simply pressure mount it, you MUST use hardware mounting i.e. screws to attach holding cups to the uprights, which defeats my own reason for purchase since I wanted to avoid damaging my wooden stair case with screws.

I'm actually quite angry that I've wasted time and money on this product because it's not been sold with clear information and some may say the sales page is deliberately misleading. I certainly wouldn't have bought if I'd known all the facts up front.

60w Bc Opal Candle Bulb Pack Of 10
60w Bc Opal Candle Bulb Pack Of 10
Offered by GoodsWholesaleUK
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Repeatedly Blow - Seem Very Poor Quality, 25 July 2014
So far the first 5 bulbs we have used have failed within a few days and in a light that is rarely used. We literally turn the light on and pop goes another bulb, so perhaps we have a faulty batch or perhaps they are just very poor quality and they are very cheap. We have never before experienced this issue and have used the room and ceiling light for roughly 10 years.

25 pre-cut name labels iron-on school uniform tag - PLEASE SEND NAME TO BE PRINTED VIA EMAIL
Offered by N4U Online
Price: 2.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocked on Arrival, 2 July 2014
I was shocked when these arrived as they look and feel like a paper label that someone has then typed the name on (off centre vertically I might add). I can't believe these will stay on after a few washes, in fact I'm not sure I want to risk the effort of ironing on more than one before testing, and having revisited the reviews here, I'm not even sure why I bought these, as lots of people appear to be saying they don't stay on. If one does survive a wash I'll come back an edit as appropriate.

72 Woven Sew in School Name Tapes Name Tags Labels, SEND MESSAGE WITH DETAILS AFTER ORDERING
Offered by Woven Labels UK
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, 30 Jun 2014
These simply fell apart, even when trying to sew them on. They are poor quality and I certainly would not recommend them.

niceEshop(TM) Motorbike Alarm Security Bicycle Lock Moped Bike-Black
niceEshop(TM) Motorbike Alarm Security Bicycle Lock Moped Bike-Black
Offered by niceEshop
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic is too brittle so difficult to tighten screws sufficiently, 24 Jun 2014
Unfortunately as soon as I tried to screw this alarm to my bike frame the first screw head simply pulled through the plastic (no washers are included with the nuts and bolts), and when tightening the second, even very gently given my earlier experience, the nut pulled through the plastic the other side! A circle of plastic simply popped out of the moulding as the nut tightened, and of course rendered the alarm useless since a thief can now simply pull the alarm off the frame! I appreciate this is about as cheap an alarm as you can buy, but I didn't expect the plastic to be so brittle. If it is this brittle then including washers would help avoid this issue, but the screws that come with it would need to be a tiny bit longer to allow for washers both sides (there are much longer screws included too, but so long they would look quite weird sticking out quite some way). No idea if the alarm does its other job well as never got that far.

For those unaware, this alarm also needs a 9v battery (not included), and if you want to change the code on your alarm to one of your choosing you simply take the battery out, then type in the default code ABCA and then your own. If the alarm was going off you could also just remove the battery, so basically this seems to offer a thief about 3 worth of aggravation factor i.e. the same amount as I've had already with it as the bike owner.

Songmics 3 Handles Bamboo Laundry Basket Laundry Box with Lids 40 x 30 x 60cm LCB101
Offered by Songmics
Price: 14.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply Manufactured Flimsy Rubbish, 16 Jun 2014
Please don't expect anything other than a cheap laundry basket. The picture is flattering as it doesn't convey how solid or otherwise the product is. I imagine the mark up on this is pretty big as it can't cost much to make give how flimsy it is. The cardboard base (you can't see it in the picture) is literally visible cardboard (inside and out) that you drop down the basket (it's just a tube effectively) to simply rest on 4 bottom protruding lips i.e. it doesn't attach/clip to anything, and mine was torn across the bottom. The lid doesn't exactly go on a fitted lip in the sense of a saucepan lid, the lid here literally balances on the top as if it was a piece of card placed across the top of an open topped box.

Bionaire BASF1516-IUK 2-in-1 Desk/Stand Fan
Bionaire BASF1516-IUK 2-in-1 Desk/Stand Fan
Offered by TKGIFTS
Price: 99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do You Want to Risk Half a Fan for Your Money?, 14 Jun 2014
Our fan arrived today in a box that looked like it had spent a few weeks with some angry airport baggage handling guys, and upon opening some of the contents had a distinctly used look about them e.g. scuffs, scratches and marks. However, the bigger issue was the fact the box only included some of the parts required for assembly, so it was totally unusable. From parts A - T in the instructions, parts Q, R, S, I, E, D were missing, so that's 6 out of 20 lost in space somewhere. Indeed the instructions state under a bold capitalised title 'Missing a part for your fan?', 'then please call this number...', which of course suggests that missing parts may be a regular occurrence for this item, but when I called the number they refused to send me the parts and just said deal with the company who sold it to you. When I mentioned the missing parts hotline they simply said 'we don't know anything about that'! Best avoid imo, but if you do take the risk be aware that I suspect you will find it far too tall/large if you are buying for the 'desk fan' option, even when shortened to the minimum height.

Norpro Oil Vinegar Cruet With Spritzer Handblown Glass Bottle And Sprayer New
Norpro Oil Vinegar Cruet With Spritzer Handblown Glass Bottle And Sprayer New
Offered by US-Kitchen Company
Price: 14.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 21 Dec 2013
My recommendation would be to buy any other oil/vinegar bottle but this one. I don't want to stray 'off-topic' (see guidelines) so I'll just say my experience hasn't been good

BabyTV DVD Oliver Discovers
BabyTV DVD Oliver Discovers
Offered by BabyTV
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Enough Oliver, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: BabyTV DVD Oliver Discovers (DVD)
Our baby loves Oliver when he comes on Baby TV, he always cracks a big smile & gets excited, so we decided an Oliver DVD would be perfect to keep his attention and keep him smiling, but this is far from being all about Oliver. Oliver is shown at the beginning of each segment in a setting like a garden or a beach etc, but then after a couple of minutes of Oliver in that setting, the DVD skips to 1970's style real video footage of e.g. toddlers playing in a garden. There are also animated sections that have nothing to do with Oliver e.g. a song piece, so our baby kept losing interest every time Oliver wasn't on screen, which seems to be the majority of the DVD. We have ended up just forwarding to the actual Oliver animated segments.

All in all we were really disappointed to spend what we did on an Oliver DVD that doesn't feature Oliver on screen that much, so be warned if you want the same. We'd certainly say the DVD is over priced as well given the contents.

Baby Einstein: Baby Mozart Music Festival [DVD]
Baby Einstein: Baby Mozart Music Festival [DVD]

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Believe The Hype, 23 Oct 2013
Literally looks like a home movie of a load of executive toys someone found in the garage, leftover from the 80s, with Mozart played over the top.

It's like the person who came up with this idea thought hey we could just film these toys in front of a background consisting of a few coloured or black blankets we've got in the house, and as you don't have to pay for the rights to classical music, production will be as cheap as anything. People also associate listening to someone like Mozart with intelligence, which is a hook developmentally, and we could boost that further by having Einstein in our title. We can't lose! The inventor was obviously right, as they must have made a fortune, especially if this is now owned by Disney, who clearly saw the potential revenue, but also clearly haven't boosted the quality of this DVD from the prototype.

In summary, don't bother. Our baby was sooo bored, and we've revisited it months apart to see if they were just too young the first time, and no, it was just of no interest whatsoever. Then again he loves a hand shadow on the wall, so the bar is set quite a bit higher than this offered.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3