Profile for Wraith1 > Reviews

Content by Wraith1

Wraith1 "David Evans" (Pembroke Dock)

Campione! Collection [DVD]
Campione! Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keizô Kusakawa

5.0 out of 5 stars Reveiw 10, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Campione! Collection [DVD] (DVD)
As a final request to his dying Grandfather, Kusanagi Godo heads to Italy to return a memento (a stone tablet) given to his Grandfather by an old lover. During the trip however Godo is caught up in a battle between an Italian mage/swordswoman and the rogue Persian god of war/victory. Suddenly though the hidden power within the tablet and a magical kiss Godo's whole world is turned on it's head when he becomes a Campione or God slayer. Now assisted by a group of temptingly attractive female fighters (all out for a bit of naughtiness) Godo must protect the world and himself from other rogue gods and Campione out to claim his head!

Eureka Seven - Intégrale - 2 Coffrets (10 DVD)
Eureka Seven - Intégrale - 2 Coffrets (10 DVD)
Offered by Prestivo2

5.0 out of 5 stars Review 9, 27 Jun 2014
I'm sure this series needs no introduction from me being as well know as it is, so I'll go right to a review of the product. Packaging is in French but the disks themselves have there own English section (including the extras menu), English dubbing comes over well and without subtitles unless you want them (one of the last imports I bought had French subs I couldn't switch off!) Last but not least I got these two anime gems together for less then what I would have paid for just part 1 in British markets. (Yeah!!!) I would certainly recommend this buy, you will not find it wanting.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volume 13 (Neon Genesis Evangelion Mini)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reveiw 8, 23 Dec 2013
Anyone who knows me well will tell you I hate the term "Game Changer" but for it's 13th issue of The Shinji Ikari Raising Project this term applies with the story finally starting to gather pace. This time Asuka and Rei are forced to the battle Shinji in virtual space when he is brainwashed by SEELE and used as a avatar to hack the lab! This situation places the girls in dire striates, possibly harm the boy they both love or let everything they have worked for be destroyed! However despite all of the above going on there is still plenty of fan service and some very funny moments for those who like that about this version of Evangelion, all in all this a good buy.

Okami-san And Her Seven Companions Complete Series Collection [DVD]
Okami-san And Her Seven Companions Complete Series Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kanae It as Ringo Akai

4.0 out of 5 stars Review 7, 27 May 2013
Let me tell you first off, this anime is(not)for children despite how it looks on the cover as there are a lot of scenes that deal in adult violence/themes. Don't get me wrong this is an extremely funny series which is well written and witty, especially the narrator's lines which pop up frequently. But it can also be quite tense and dark in parts. I do think they need to make a second series to properly finish things though as S1 left too many loose ends, all in all however Okami-san and her seven companions is a good buy in my book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2014 5:24 PM GMT

World God Only Knows, The - Complete Season 1 Collection [DVD]
World God Only Knows, The - Complete Season 1 Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hiro Shimono

5.0 out of 5 stars Review 6, 10 Mar 2013
A light hearted, witty, laugh a minute show from start to finish. You have never met a more funny duo then the loveable/clumsy demon Elsie and the charming/game mad Keima. These mismatched two always get their loose soul, escaped demons which hide in the hearts of young girls. Best of all its got English dubbing Yippee! Roll on the day I can get season two!!

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volume 6 (Neon Genesis Evangelion Mini)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review 5, 16 Feb 2013
Pretty girls, Pretty girls all around but Shinji Ikari can't decide! With both Asuka and Rei after his heart already, things are very complicated in Shinji's life. Enter Mana Kirishima smart, funny, hot and you've got a recipe for tons of action/humor guaranteed. What can the the two girls and Hikari do when this new student falls for Shinji's clumsy charms? Get positively hammered on alcohol carelessly left out by Misato during a party THAT'S WHAT! This already funny situation is made worse with Shinji and the lads on damage control, enough said!! However greater dangers then bad hangovers are on the horizon when the lab Asuka, Mana, Rei and Shinji are touring is sabotaged by SEELE! With things heading towards nuclear meltdown only one lone hero can save the situation, OVER TO YOU Gendo Ikari!!

Escaflowne - Anime Legends [DVD]
Escaflowne - Anime Legends [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Review 4, 5 Feb 2013
I was a little worried at first because I bought my copy of Escaflowne second hand. As it turned out I didn't need to be as the disks were in good condition, the box was OK and the series was excellent from start to finish. This collection has something to offer all with giant robots and armies clashing, special powers, monsters, chases, daring escapes, romance and a lot of surprising plot twists. It should be noted that there was not much in the way of special features available for whose who like that sort of thing but this didn't really bug me. I recommend this buy.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volume 1 (Neon Genesis Evangelion Mini)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review 3, 2 Feb 2013
Well! I just finished reading book 1 of the Shinji Ikari Raising Project 5 minutes ago and I loved every page of it!! I don't think I have laughed so much in years though I still can't get use to reading the book backwards Ha Ha. One thing I definitely can say is that these books are nothing like the original series or films mech action wise but are brilliant anyway. Just imagine Shinji and Co in school without the threat of an angel attack but still having to contend with high school and all the teenage mishaps that can occur. You get the picture! A must read for Evangelion fans!!

The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Goosebumps)
The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Goosebumps)
by R L Stine
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Review 2, 31 Jan 2013
I love Goosebumps, cant't get enough. This title has a girl called Sarah pursued by a horrible lake ghost who can't pass onto the other side alone! What else can I say, this book has great tense moments that will keep any reader entertained. In fact to quote the Master of Fright R.L.Stine himself (Reader beware-You're in for a scare!) WONDERFUL!!!

Chuck  - Season 5 [DVD] [2012]
Chuck - Season 5 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Zachary Levi

4.0 out of 5 stars Review 1, 31 Jan 2013
I have always been a big Chuck fan, so I was very glad to learn of Chuck Season 5 being brought out on to disk. I think it has grown up more from Season 1 with less laughs and more tense moments. I do feel the ending was rushed a bit with some loose ends and some of the series scenes aren't as good visually speaking. However this is still a great season and I recommend it to anyone.