Profile for Janey > Reviews

On Talking Terms With Dogs: Calming Signals
On Talking Terms With Dogs: Calming Signals
Price: 5.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Every dog owner should read this, 24 Jun 2014
Read this book in an evening and I can immediately read the calming signals Turid talks about in my dogs and their reactions when I use them back. It's as if a secret language has been revealed and I look forward to trying them out even more. I love the photos and examples she uses and I agree with her supporting the parenting frame of mind with dog training rather than the dated alpha wolf version.

When Will There Be Good News?: (Jackson Brodie)
When Will There Be Good News?: (Jackson Brodie)
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from Kate Atkinson, 10 Jun 2014
I love all of Kate's books so far and this is no exception. I've read a couple other Jackson Brodie ones and this was interesting because it was set prior to those so revealed more about his past and put a face to a name with one of his exes (Louise). Kate has a knack for going off on a tangent with her characters thoughts and daydreams which I find insightful and hilarious. She portrays family life in a wonderful way even when things don't go as expected. The reason I only gave this one 4 stars is due to the relentless references to poetry, classic literature and French phrases which I don't know or understand! She does this in all her books which is frustrating because I find myself skimming over segments of pages, but otherwise I would recommend reading this book as quality of the story outshines all that!

The Last Lord Of The Moors
The Last Lord Of The Moors
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Really connected with the characters, 1 Jun 2014
I love the way the characters are written as they really come to life and I can relate to their thought process and their faults. I come from a rural area so I love the imagery of the landscape and the manor. Really enjoyed it!

Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea
Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 17 May 2014
An absolutely shocking and brilliant book, I read it during every spare minute of the day. I read quite a few books about ww1 and ww2 so it's difficult to read this and remember that these atrocities are still going on. My favourite part was Mrs Song adjusting to South Korean life and even going to the length of getting plastic surgery.

Started Early, Took My Dog: (Jackson Brodie)
Started Early, Took My Dog: (Jackson Brodie)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 20 April 2014
Once again a brilliant book from Kate Atkinson. I love the way she captures the Northern-ness of the characters. My only query is what is Courtneys secret?! What did Kelly shout as she was getting on the bus?!

Sane New World: Taming the Mind
Sane New World: Taming the Mind
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and practical advice, 29 Mar 2014
A brilliant read - stories from Rubys own life which I can completely relate to, and practical advice on small steps to changing your thinking. Also I love the sarcastic and comical writing style.

Life After Life
Life After Life
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting style of book, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book and raced though it in 2 days. I found the concept of going back in time and re-living your life until you get it right to be refreshing to read and satisfied the inner voice saying "No! You should have done that!" and it gave a good insight into family life and living in war time. My main gripe about this book was the constant references to poetry and music that I'm not familiar with, and even though I know a little French and German there was a great deal of phrases used which I have no clue what they meant and there was no translation. Also, I expected Ursula to discover who was her 'one true love' and her 'true path' at the end (also who was the crippled paedophile?!) but maybe that's the point - that there is no 'right' route and that there are many possibilities for us all!

The Body Book
The Body Book
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book covering a range of topics such as nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, biology, beauty and the mind. Very well written and inspiring with examples of Cameron's own development. She educates and gives many simple to follow hints for a healthier life. Really enjoyed the book and would recommend any woman to give it a try!

Fable Anniversary (Xbox 360)
Fable Anniversary (Xbox 360)
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game if you're lucky, 8 Feb 2014
This really is a very good remake not just a simple hd rehash..... Unfortunately my 6 hour playtime has taken me about 8 hours real time due to the random freezes, I mean it would be so easy to give it 1 star because I've struggled to play it for more than 45 mins at a time but the 6 hours I have managed have been really really fun, it's just the freezing that let's it down shame really I'd give it a few weeks wait for the inevitable patches then buy it if your on the fence.

Kare Head Rhino Antique Decoration
Kare Head Rhino Antique Decoration

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 21 Jan 2014
An unusual and fantastic addition to my home. Easy to fit, lightweight and looks like great quality. Visitors always comment on it!

Page: 1 | 2