Profile for S. M. Hamberger > Reviews

Content by S. M. Hamberger

S. M. Hamberger (London United Kingdom)

A4 Inkjet Iron On Transfers Paper / T Shirt Transfers - Light T Shirt x 20 Sheets
Offered by Photo Paper Direct Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 April 2014
Bought these for my 14 year old daughter. A very clever idea! She has made up her own designs, print out on word (remembering to reverse any letters!!) and ironed on herself.

To make use of the paper fill with different designs and cut out individually and keep for later use.

The result is a very original and one-off design - great for any budding artist like my daughter.

Jewel Tiffany Pendant Shade
Jewel Tiffany Pendant Shade
Offered by Lighting DIY

2.0 out of 5 stars Tiffany lamp ... but not what I ordered, 3 Jan 2013
As with one of the previous reviewers I also received a different item from that of the photo. Admittedly what we received was very nice but it had black/red beading, no gold band and more red in the middle. We did think it would be adequate but on reflection we decided to return as we preferred the photo version. Stars given from prompt collection and Amazon service on refund.

Piranha PC5s Large Computer Desk with 2 Drawers and 4 Shelves
Piranha PC5s Large Computer Desk with 2 Drawers and 4 Shelves
Offered by Piranha Trading Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Home Office Desk, 3 April 2012
We have been trying for over a year to find a nice, sturdy white office desk for our study. However, with the small dimensions required this was proving rather difficult. This was the closest we could find and thought we will live with the extra 3" depth and was pretty much sold by the reviews. The desk arrived well packaged and on the date specified - another excellent Amazon delivery! We did however recruit our DIY friend to put it together and set him the 5hr challenge. Two rounds of tea and 2 hrs later it was done! We did not assemble the raised desk printer platform but instead used the wood to create an extra side shelf against the wall for the printer creating more desk space - nifty idea! Overall really thrilled with the finished product which looks good, very solid and houses all our IT equipment neatly at a reasonable price. We also bought a leather chair and a lamp and the overall look is fantastic creating a property study for both work and leisure. I would thoroughly recommend this product.

Tasting India
Tasting India
by Christine Manfield

5.0 out of 5 stars A cook and photographer's delight!, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: Tasting India (Hardcover)
I purchased this book as my husband's Christmas present having requested a "beautiful indian cookery book" on his Santa list. I was not disappointed and neither was he! True, it's not the most practical book to take into the kitchen due to the size and weight(hence I also bought a smaller cookbook to work alongside it) but the recipies are unique to the various regions and the photography is incredible.

This book gives you a true sense of what Indian cookery is all about - We have tried two recipies already with great success!

Thank you to all the previous reviewers who "sold" this book to me. It's definately an excellent gift not just for those who love cooking but a wonderful reminder for those who have travelled to India.

Paper Fashions (Klutz)
Paper Fashions (Klutz)
by Editors of Klutz
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for creative minds, 11 Jan 2010
Having created my own fashions as a child and wanting to keep my 9 year old amused away from the tv and computer I found this little gem. Having read everyones recommendation I was intriged if was as good as it sounds. Arrived by the usual efficient service by Amazon and thought it looked pretty basic; then you open the wrapper and see inside and found to my surprise it opened up your imagination ... not many toys do that these days! The book contains three sets of stencils, over 30 sheets of double sided printed papers, 15 little hangers and a small range of tiny beads and ribbons. Its well worth reading the book cover to cover first just to wet your appetite then let yourself loose on all those creative ideas. My daugther created a scrapbook with each page themed to store her designs in and review. Little hands will need some help cutting out as it is quite intricate but she says its the best present she's received and during those cold snowy evenings we have spent wonderful evenings together designing new outfits and having fun. We have already been at the art shop buying spare beads and now need some more paper ... hopefully Amazon would notice and stock this! Do I recommend this? ... well we have not seen much TV since we got it!

Forever Diamondz - Collector's Edition
Forever Diamondz - Collector's Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Hit!, 10 Mar 2008
The is the first Bratz CD I bought for my seven year old daughter having asked if the there is such an album. Amazon came up trumps, as always, and we discovered this gem. The first track is very catchy with their own version of Bowie's fashion followed by very upbeat and girly lyrics which any Bratz fan (and Mum!)will learn in no time. The sound quality is excellent and the whole album sounds a cross between Beyonce/Girls Aloud. We have spread the word and two of my daughter's classmates have since bought it. We purchased the CD in January and we still play it every Sunday when Dad is out of the house!!

Kids with Celiac Disease: A Family Guide to Raising Happy, Healthy, Gluten-Free Children
by Danna Korn

5.0 out of 5 stars A Friend Within a Book, 5 April 2005
When my four year old daugther was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease I was relieved in finally knowing what was wrong and then into shock of how to cope and support her in this lifetime condition. Having followed all the advice given to me I wanted a source which specifically related to young children and this book came up trumps! What a godsend! It covers everything from parents emotions, initial diagnoses to organising your kitchen and how to manage away from home. Written by an American mother was son was diagnosed some years ago when very little information for children was available, she shares her own experiences whilst adding very practical, positive and heartwarming advice in easy to read chapters. An excellent source of guidance for any parent or carer to refer to time after time. So good in fact I bought an extra copy for my sister-in-law to keep!