Profile for E. Walkington > Reviews

Content by E. Walkington

E. Walkington (Middlesbrough, UK)

Blood and Snow Book 1: Blood and Snow, Revenant in Training, The Vampire Christopher, Blood Soaked Promises (Blood and Snow Boxed set)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairytale meets vampires, a must read!, 18 May 2014
What a refreshingly original idea. I downloaded this as a free book because I had nothing else to read. Volumes 1-4 read in under 12 hours, it really is a page turner! Now to download the rest.
I don't want to spoil the book so, if you like Elemental World, Fairwick Chronicles etc novels then please give this a try :-)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 April 2014
Fantastic quality and service. Can highly recommend especially for Breaking Bad fans as I haven't seen anything like this before and the quality is far better than I'd hoped for

Sunlover Metal 25mm Aluminium Venetian Blind, Cream, W60 x D210cm
Sunlover Metal 25mm Aluminium Venetian Blind, Cream, W60 x D210cm
Offered by ABC Decor

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 April 2014
Advertised as in stock but after a week they admitted they could not say when the blinds would be available and, when pushed, said it would not be within the month. A refund was requested but only received a month later with Amazon's assistance

Waterlocked: An Elemental World Novella
Waterlocked: An Elemental World Novella

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Mar. 2014
Yet another page-turner. Fantastic pace, characters and storyline from this amazing author.
I would advise reading the Elemental Mysteries first then the Elemental world books in chronological order as this provides the reader with a deeper understanding and prevents spoilers! Trust me, they are all worth reading

Building From Ashes: Elemental World Book One
Building From Ashes: Elemental World Book One

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating!, 11 Mar. 2014
No spoilers! Although this can be read without reading the Elemental Mysteries series first, I would not advise it as knowing the history of the characters and the fact the book in interlinked with the series means that reading it after EM provides a much greater insight into characters and a passion to know more about Carwyn and his family, which this book provides.
The book is captivating and it is brilliant to see how the plot from the series progresses.
Elemental Mysetries is brilliantly written and Elemental World is equally so. They are real 'page-turners' and I cannot wait to read more!

Andoer® 4GB Swimming Diving Water Waterproof MP3 Player FM Radio Earphone IPX8 Music Format: MP3/WMA 4 Colors Available (Pink)
Offered by Andoer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 29 Oct. 2013
As we needed to embark on a fitness regime we decided to chance these mp3 players - they are compact, fitting snuggly to the side of swimming goggles, and very easy to use.

I initially had a problem with one of the players I bought but the company were so easy to deal with and I had a replacement within a week of the initial order (this timeframe included my returning the original item to them)

Excellent product, fantastic customer services, definitely recommended

Dark Possession (Fairwick Chronicles Book 3)
Dark Possession (Fairwick Chronicles Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect end to a fabulous trilogy - no spoilers, 29 Oct. 2013
I would strongly advise that this trilogy be read in order - Incubus, Water Witch then Dark Possession, as the author develops the characters and relationships throughout the three books.

After Water Witch I started on the Dark Swan Rising (written by Carol Goodman and her husband hence the author name Lee Carroll) trilogy and was very disappointed in the way it ended - I was left with more questions than were answered and felt the last few chapters were rushed. Due to this, and my love of the first two Fairwick Chronicles, I was very wary of reading Dark Possession however the book is fantastically written, answers all the readers questions (and more) is, in parts, very emotional and was, simply, a perfect end to the trilogy.

I don't want to spoil the trilogy for others so all I will say is it is a beautiful blend of fairies, demons and humans with romance, conflict, betrayal and compassion. It is a page turner and, having read it 3 times now, one that you will never tire of. HIGHLY recommended

Against Medical Advice: One Family's Struggle with an Agonizing Medical Mystery
Against Medical Advice: One Family's Struggle with an Agonizing Medical Mystery
by James Patterson

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 14 Nov. 2008
As a James Patterson fan and collector I was extremely disappointed to find this is the American title and therefore duplicate of Torn Apart! WHAT A CON! I feel that this should be highlighted for customers to see before they end up ordering both books at the same time (which it looks like 14% of customers have done so far!)

For the first time ever I am now wondering whether it is better to buy the books from a local bookstore rather than from Amazon as that way I can ensure I do not end up with duplicate books! It would have been nice for Amazon to warn their customers about this.